002

Let Me Fix You

"Park Hyejin, wait up!" Sehun catched up to a tired Hyejin as she was entering the campus. Almost a month has passed since she started university and nothing much has changed since her first day. She'd only talk with her classmates, only if necessary. She didn't mind Sehun tagging along though, a little company was actually really nice. The only thing that bothered her was that he was just a tad too popular with the girls and the attention she was getting because of him was bugging her. "How was your weekend? Did you finish your project?" Hyejin barely made it, she had to work both weekend days at the restaurant bar since most of her co workers called in sick. The flu has been going around, since it was getting cold. "Yes, barely though. I only had two hours of sleep." They arrived at the hallways, it was time for them to get to their own lectures. It became a routine. "See you at lunch?" Hyejin just nodded, too sleepy to speak. "Don't fall asleep, Mrs. Yook's gonna whoop your ." Sehun turned away, but not before touseling her hair. The whole day was a pain in the , Hyejin was happy she finally got home. Fortunately she had a day off from work today. As soon as she placed herself on the couch, she fell into a deep slumber.

AACHOO Hyejin sat up from the sudden loud noise. "Ah did I wake you? Sorry." Sooji was preparing something in the kitchen. She was getting better at cooking, or rather using the kitchen utensils without getting hurt. "Are you ok? You don't look all too well." Hyejin didn't have to wait for an answer. Sooji was pale and sweating. ACHOOO "I'm fine, this is just a cold!" Hyejin grabbed her friends forehead, it was burning. "You. Room. Now." She pointed at Sooji's door right away, covering with her hand. She couldn't afford getting sick too. "Nooo I have to finish this, I promised Chanyeol to bring him lunch tomorrow." Hyejin took a look at the ingredients, Sooji was going to make Galbi Jjim. "It's his favorite dish." Sooji was now blowing her nose.

It took Hyejin five pinky promises and a little bit of force to finally get Sooji to rest in her room. She promised to finish the dish for Chanyeol and to deliver it to him tomorrow. Hyejin has seen Chanyeol before. He'd be waiting for Sooji after classes or she'd sometimes catch him sneak out of their apartment, but she had never met-met him. It was partly her fault though. Sooji wanted them to officially meet atleast a thousand of times already, but Hyejin was just too busy with work and university stuff. Actually, she was avoiding a certain someone who's especially close with Chanyeol. The moment Sooji showed her a picture of Chanyeol and his friends, she was making excuses after excuses not to meet her friend's boyfriend. She was pretty lucky that the campus was big enough not to bump into them at all. While the Galbi Jjim was cooking in the slow cooker, Hyejin got lost in her thoughts - looking at her scar on her left arm.

 

"Sooji Unnie, I have a night shift later. I won't be able to take care of you." Hyejin placed the porridge she has made early in the morning on the night side table. "It's okay, I'll be fine. Don't worry too much." Sooji gave her a weak smile, cuddling herself under the sheets. "I'll just tell Chanyeol to check on you later." Sooji's eyes widened. "Unnie, I know he's been in and out of your room. No need to be embarrassed about it." She was actually going to wait until Sooji would tell her that Chanyeol spent the night here, but it's not like they're still children. She couldn't help but grin at the red face she's facing. "I'm leaving. See you tomorrow, you have the apartment all to yourself." With that Hyejin left her friend's room, hearing a loud YAH behind the door she just closed.

Sehun was already waiting for her by the gates when she arrived at the campus. He gave her a small wave and Hyejin was about to greet  him back when a few girls started to rush to the boy ahead while bumping into her shoulders. Soon, he was surrounded by a lot of girls, which made Hyejin scrunch her nose. Sehun glanced at her, giving her an apologetic look. Hyejin gave him a little nod and carefully walked past the commotion. "What a nuisance." Hyejin looked at the campus map and searched for the dance department building. Sooji has texted her that Chanyeol would be there in the morning. She was silently hoping that the person she was trying to avoid wouldn't be there, but who was she kidding.

She was staring at the doors of the big building in front of her for a while now, contemplating to leave the lunchbox here outside and text Chanyeol to get it, but Sooji would question on why she didn't just give it to him. She took a deep breath before walking through the doors. She knew the dance department was popular, but she would have never imagined to see this many girls outside the dance studio. Each girl was holding a gift in their hands, waiting for the opportunity to give it to their crushes. They were queuing in front of the doors and the line was as long as the hallway. "I could just give it to him at lunch." Hyejin was about to turn around when she remembered why Chanyeol was getting a lunchbox in the first place. "Right, he won't be here for lunch." She was going to miss her class if she didn't hurry, so she just forced herself through the door, earning a lot of curses and hair pulling. As soon as she made it through the crowd, she felt a lot of eyes on her. The whole class was staring at her, but before she knew it, she felt someone turn her around with force, gripping her arm tightly. "Who do you think you are skipping the line? We're all waiting here for our turn you little bitc-" Hyejin pulled away from the girl's grasp and gave her the deathliest glare she could make. "Don't ever touch me again." The girl backed off, Hyejin could see a little fear in her eyes. She tried to find Chanyeol as fast as possible so she could get out from there. It wasn't hard, because he was now standing with a worried look on his face. Hyejin tossed him the lunchbox, which he barely caught and without saying a word, Hyejin left the studio.

"Yah, everyone's talking about you." Sehun was munching on his food, while Hyejin just stared outside the window. It was raining. "They say you slapped a girl because she touched you and went all crazy throwing your lunchbox around." Hyejin scoffed at her friend's story. Pff. So immature. She felt her phone vibrate, it was a text from Sooji.

I just woke up, Chanyeol texted me what happened. Are you okay?

Hyejin-aaah

Please don't ignore me.

The last time you did, I accidentally lost your usb stick and you didn't talk to me for a whole month.

Sorry I wasn't supposed to bring that up again.

I'm sorry.

Hyejin didn't know why Sooji was apologizing. It wasn't really her fault, neither was it Chanyeol's.

Don't worry.

 

Hyejin wasn't paying attention at all and neither did her classmates. As soon as she entered the hall and heard the whispers and murmurs about her she shut herself off. "That's it for today. Don't forget to hand in your papers by the end of the week. See you on friday." She was the last one to leave, she couldn't wait to get away from there. Hyejin was greeted by a tall figure outside the lecture hall. Her eyes widened for a moment, but they instantly turned back into her empty stare.

"Park Hyejin."

This was the moment she tried to avoid the most. This is what you get for not minding your own business back then Park Hyejin.

 

 

_____________________________________________

*not proof read - it's 4 am, but i'm going to publish it anyways :P