Tulips (Jiwon x Jaejin)

One-Shots

 

Alpha!Jiwon x Omega!Jaejin (request)

 

Jiwon paces around the lobby at YG, looking at his watch all the while.  

Hyung, are you okay?” asks his manager, who is sitting nearby with a coffee cup in front, texting someone all the while.  Jiwon pauses and looks at him.

Yeah, I’m fine,” Jiwon says, lying.

It’s not that time of the year, right?his manager asks, not bothering to look up.

Ya, why do you always assume it’s that time of the time,” Jiwon says, swatting his head.

I don’t know, maybe because you are always missing?” his manager says, chuckling.

You brat,” Jiwon says, tisking before turning away.

You should check on him, you know,” his manager suggests.

Why should I?” Jiwon asks.

I read that it is common in mated couples to-”

It's not that, stupid.  I just worry about him because of his worrisome and questionable personality,” Jiwon says before his manager could speak further.

Just don’t count me in on this mess,” his manager says before walking away.

That brat. Jiwon sighs before looking at his own phone.  He sees a message from Jaeduck.

 

Duck2~~

Hyung, is everything alright?

 

You

Everything’s fine. Why?

 

Duck2~~

Jaejin texted me

He texted about monkeys

He doesn’t do that unless something wrong

You

....

 

Jiwon looks as his phone, his fingers hovering over the keyboard. Should he tell Jaeduck what was going on? His phone beeped again.

 

Duck2~~

What happened???

 

After a brief pause, Jiwon typed.

 

You

We fought

Duck2~~

Why?

You

Nothing serious

Duck2~~

It’s serious enough that his scent is off

I checked on him and he didn’t talk

 

Jiwon’s heart paced when he saw the text.  Was it that bad?

 

You

Is he at home?

Duck2~~

Maybe

But I think he’s in his studio

He was there last time

 

Jiwon sighed and ran his hand into his hair. Aish, Jaejin. Always making things hard for him.  He runs out of the lobby and hails a taxi.

Where to?the driver asks.

Xxxxxx Studio on Xxxxxx street,” Jiwon says in a rush.  The driver nods and the taxi peels away from the curb. Jiwon looks out the window and closes his eyes, recalling the last time he saw Jaejin.

**************************

 

Hyung, where were you?Jaejin asked from the couch as Jiwon stumbled in late at night from dance practice, looking at the TV at a random variety show.  He was hugging a Dooly plushie. Jiwon smirks at the memory of when the two of them got it from an arcade. It as a well spent $30, as they kept on trying to get the plushie from the claw machine.  They managed to get more plushies for the members, who laughed when the two hauled over garbage bags full of cartoon character plushies.

I was practicing with Mino. It went on later than expected,Jiwon said offhandedly.  He walked over and hugged Jaejin, inhaling the fresh scent of the beach, like the one where they visited in Busan.

You smell like him,Jaejin mumbled.

Like who?” Jiwon asked.  Jaejin pouted.

Like Mino,” Jaejin said, sighing.  Even though he didn’t say it outloud, Jiwon could tell that he didn’t like the Mino’s smell of ripe orchids.  He hugged the pillow tightly. “You spend a lot of time with him,”

It’s not my fault that YG-sajangnim wanted us to do a collab and gave us a two week notice before the first broadcast,Jiwon said. The two were quiet for a while, watching the show with different thoughts in their minds.

Do you love me?” Jaejin asked softly. Jiwon turns to him sharply.

Of course I do,he scoffed.

Are you sure?Jaejin prodded again.

Of course I do. Why wouldn’t I?” Jiwon said a little angrily.

Someone told me that you had feelings for him.  They said that you were hugging him,” Jaejin accused slightly, not turning to look at Jiwon.

He was in a rough situation. I had no idea how to console him!Jiwon said, raising his hands.  

You could’ve bought him sweets or something,Jaejin said bitterly.

It would be weirder if I do that.  Anyways, why are you so concerned? It’s not like it’s really important,Jiwon said, a little sharply. Mino only hugged him because he was fighting with Jinwoo about something that caused the two to get tense with each other.  He didn’t think that it was a big deal. Friends do that for each other, right? Then why was Jaejin pissed about it?

It is to me,Jaejin said briskly. He stood up from the couch and Jiwon watches him retreating to the kitchen.  Jiwon looked back at the television and assures himself that it wasn’t too serious. He started to feel his bones aching from the dance practice he had with Mino for the upcoming song, as well as his eyes drooping.  Soon enough, he toppled over on the couch and fell asleep. He didn’t notice the sound of the door turning and Jaejin walking out of the apartment.

He didn’t get a call from Jaejin for a whole week, and he was too prideful to text him. Soon, the two stopped contacting each other for a week.

 

********************************

 

Sir, we’re here,the taxi driver says, waking Jiwon from his thoughts.  He blinks and looked around, and sees the familiar studio in front of him. He quickly pays for the ride and hops out. A sense of dread fills him as he hesitates to go in.  Will Jaejin forgive him?

Ah, Jiwon-ssi,someone calls to him. Jiwon turns around and sees Jaejin’s art teacher.

Oh, hello. Is Jaejin inside?Jiwon asks.

Yes, he was inside this whole week, working on a secret project, the teacher says, sighing.

Can I check on him?Jiwon asks hesitantly.

Go right ahead. I’ll be going to the store for more paint, the teacher says, waving as he walks pass. Jiwon waves back and looks back at the looming building before finally mustering up the courage to enter.  The chimes jingle as he walks into the building, his feet automatically walking the familiar route. He stops outside of a colorful door painted in rainbow colors. He knocks slowly.

Come in,” comes a muffled voice.  Jiwon slowly turns the knob and sees the omega working in the back corner. Paint is everywhere on his apron as his glasses are slipping off slowly from his nose bridge.

It’s me,” Jiwon says as he walks to Jaejin. Jaejin perks up at the familiar voice and scent as he looks at Jiwon.

Oh, hyung. I didn’t notice you there,” Jaejin says, standing,but I realized that I have to do something and-”

I’m sorry, Jiwon mutters. Jaejin looks at him.

I should’ve spent more time with you, but I was stressed out about the comeback that I, I don’t know, somehow pushed you back from being number one,” Jiwon says scratching the back of his head.

I shouldn’t have been so jealous,” Jaejin says, looking down. Jiwon smiles and walks closer, closer until there was barely any room between them.

Can you forgive me?Jiwon asks. Jaejin nods and the two close the distance, kissing each other slowly.

You’ll always be number one,” Jiwon mutters softly as they part, the scent of peppermint intertwining with the shores of a beach.  Jaejin smiles and hugs Jiwon, and the two rock to a hidden melody of hearts beating simultaneously next to a freshly painted picture of two shadows holding hands in a meadow of tulips in a sunset.