Chapter 2

campings

Dawon is sitting on a bench outside and she’s just enjoying the weather. It’s almost midsummer and it’s so warm and beautiful. Dawon doesn’t have anything to do at the moment because the kids are out doing something with a few older counselors, giving Dawon and some other counselors some spare time.

 

Suddenly she can hear someone calling out for her so she turns her head and sees Meiqi running to her. “Here you are!” the said girl says as soon as sits down next to Dawon.

 

Dawon is trying to ignore her heartbeat quickening literally from seeing the other girl. What the heck is wrong with her? This isn’t normal it’s not like she has a crush or anything. It’s so unlike her to randomly catch feelings to a girl she’s spoken to literally three times.

 

“I went to your cabin but you weren’t there so I went around looking for you everywhere.” Meiqi says after catching her breath.

For some reason Dawon felt a weird feeling in her chest when Meiqi said she was looking for her. Why would she be looking for Dawon out of all the people?

 

“Why would you be looking for me?” Dawon asks and looks at the other girl who just smiles at her.

 

“Because you are nice and I was bored.” Meiqi claims. “And I was wondering if you maybe would want to go for a swim with me.”

 

For a swim? Dawon chuckles. Why not?

 

“You want me to come swimming with you?” Dawon grins. Meiqi nods, she looks so excited. “Yep! It’s so hot.” she explains and jokingly fans her face with her hand, then she fans Dawon’s face and they both laugh.

 

“Yeah, I think we could do that.” Dawon says and Meiqi cheers. “I’ll just need to go grab my swimsuit.” Dawon says and gets up from the bench.

 

“Yeah, me too.” Meiqi says and gets up as well. “Let’s meet right here, alright?” she asks and gestures to the bench. Dawon nods and smiles. “Sure thing.”


 

 

--

 

 

Dawon is now walking back to the bench from her cabin. She’s wearing her red swimsuit under her clothes and she’s also carrying a towel. She can see Meiqi already sitting on a bench, she can also see her grinning from the distance. God, this girl is gonna be death to her.

 

“I was thinking we could go to this one lake. It’s not too long from here, we can quickly walk there.” Meiqi says and Dawon nods. “Alright. Let’s go then”

 

They start walking to the said lake and after fifteen minutes of walking and looking at Meiqi’s confused face, Dawon asks:

 

“Are you sure you know where we are going?”

 

“Of course I know!” Meiqi smugly says “The lake is just around the corner… here it is!” she exclaims when they turn to their right and see the lake there. It looks peaceful and Dawon suddenly feels super tempted to jump in. It really is hot, just like Meiqi said before.

 

She looks at Meiqi and sees the girl already stripping out of her clothes. She suddenly feels herself blush a little bit. Thank god she can blame the blush on the heat, if Meiqi happened to notice.

 

Dawon isn’t usually this shy but this girl does something her, she can’t explain the exact feeling, but it’s something she’s not used to.

 

Dawon too starts to undress herself until she’s only wearing her swimsuit. After she’s done she looks at Meiqi who’s already looking at her, with a smirk on her face.

 

Dawon is confused until the other girl takes bold steps towards her and with one small push Dawon finds herself falling into the lake, with a splash and a sharp scream. The fall is not big at all but Dawon still was surprised by it.

 

“Hey! That wasn’t fair!” Dawon yells at the other girl who’s still standing there, dry and laughing at Dawon.

 

“You should have seen your face-ahhhh” she giggles and soon screams too when Dawon grabs her hand and pulls her in. It didn’t go as Dawon planned though because since she pulled Meiqi in the water, the girl fell pretty much right on Dawon, of course making Dawon sink under the water.

 

“Oh my god!” Meiqi yells as soon as she realizes what’s going on. She quickly stands up and helps the other girl on her feet too. Dawon instantly starts coughing the water out of her lungs and Meiqi panickedly hitting her back so she can cough better.

 

“Are you okay?” she asks when Dawon finally stops coughing. “I’m so sorry about crushing you like that.”

 

Dawon laughs. “It’s okay, really. I’m sorry about pulling you like that, god I almost drowned myself.” she laughs more and Meiqi can’t help but giggle too.

 

“Good thing you didn’t.” Meiqi winks slyly “Or else I wouldn’t be able to do this.” she says and splashes water on Dawon, making the other girl squeal again.

 

“Yah!”


 

--

 

 

“Hell! What time is it?” Dawon panics when she realizes they have to be back to the camp soon, or had to be. They have been playing in the water like kids for a while. How long has it been? Dawon can’t tell.

 

Meiqi thinks for a while before shrugging. “I don’t know”

 

Dawon gets out of the lake. “Shouldn’t we get back to work?” she asks and picks up her towel from the ground. Meiqi follows her. “Maybe we should.”

 

“Don’t you have a towel?” Dawon asks when she notices the girl apparently doesn’t have one. Honestly she looks a bit cold, since she just got out of the warm water.

 

“No.. I forgot mine.” she chuckles. “It’s nothing new, I tend to forget easily. It’s cool though it’s warm so I’ll dry off quickly.” she just shrugs it off.

 

Meiqi’s hair is wet and Dawon laughs a bit at that. She must look funny as well. She still thinks Meiqi looks cute even with her hair wet. Then Dawon shifts her gaze from her hair to her skin, which is still dripping from the water. She gulps and regrets that immediately.

 

Meiqi seems to notice that but she doesn’t say anything. Dawon can feel her gaze on her. She panics and starts walking away. “We should go.”

 

They walk back to the camp, talking about nothing in particular. Meiqi was telling a story about the kid who snuck out of their cabin last night and Dawon told her about how the kids love playing football with her. Meiqi said she had noticed and Dawon couldn’t think about anything else after the girl said it.

 

They are now in front of Dawon’s cabin.

 

“This was fun” Meiqi says happily. Dawon agrees, “I had fun too.”

 

The two look at each other for a while and Dawon can’t really read Meiqi’s expression but she assumes it was something. She herself for some reason can’t take her eyes off of the girl.

 

Meiqi suddenly furrows her eyebrows. Dawon makes a confused face and Meiqi notices it. “Ah, the kids from your cabin are all .. uhm looking at us from the window.”

 

What? Dawon spins around and the kids, all of them, are in fact staring at them from inside the cabin. She sees Yeoreum give her thumbs up, with an encouraging smile, or was it a teasing smile, Dawon can’t tell. She groans.

 

“I’ll get in” she sighs and starts getting in but Meiqi stops her.

 

“Wait!” Dawon turns to look at the other girl. “Do you want to have another ponding night tonight? You know for the kids.” she ends it with a flirty wink and Dawon giggles.

 

“Actually yeah. The kids will be absolutely glad to hear this”


 

--

 

 

Dawon takes a deep breath before actually going in, she is not ready to meet all those nosy kids, one in particular.

 

“Where were you?” Yeonjung asks her as soon as Dawon comes in and sits on her bed.

 

“I was outside, it’s a nice day.” she answers.

 

“With counselor Meiqi?” Yeoreum asks and smirks, “Or should I say… your girlfriend?”

 

Dawon groans. “For the tenth time Yeoreum, no she is not my girlfriend.” Dawon calmly explains. They are not dating and why can’t the kid understand that? Not that Dawon wouldn’t want to date Meiqi, it’s not happening. At least yet.

 

“But talking about girlfriends, how’s it going with Luda?” Dawon asks and she could literally see Yeoreum’s eyes light up.

 

“Good! She made me this bracelet and she said she will cheer for me instead of her own team in the football game tomorrow!”

 

“That’s cute. I bet you are happy to hear that she’s coming here tonight, well all of them are.” Dawon informs and all the kids cheer.

 

“Does that mean your girlfriend is coming too?” Yeoreum asks and Dawon groans again. “Counselor Meiqi is coming and I don't even have a girlfriend!”