Chapter 1

campings

“Dawon!! Come play football with us!” one of the kids nudges Dawon, who is sleeping in her bed. Dawon opens her eyes and sees five kids staring down at her. She rubs her eyes from the sleep and looks at the kids.

 

“Seriously? It’s 6 in the morning”

 

“So?”

 

Dawon stares at the kids and for a while she stops to wonder why she took this job as a camp counselor. Dawon thought it would be hard to get the kids out of the bed in the morning but hell she was wrong. Here they are awake an hour BEFORE the alarm and ready to go outside and exercise. Not that Dawon doesn’t like exercising, actually she loves to exercise. It’s just that she usually wakes up late.

 

“Alright, just give me a minute” she sighs and the kids cheer in unison.

 

It’s the second day of the camp and the kids seem to really like Dawon and honestly Dawon likes them too, otherwise she wouldn’t be playing football for the 4th time in one day. Dawon has to be goalkeeper because none of the kids want to do that since they think it’s boring. The kids are more energized than Dawon anyways.

 

The counselor from the other cabin is not playing with the kids from her cabin but she is cheering for them, loudly. Dawon keeps looking at the girl for a while and accidentally lets the ball in. The kids are groaning at her, meanwhile the other kids are high fiving each other.

 

The other counselor looks at Dawon and their eyes meet for a split second before Dawon coughs and looks away, trying to take her focus back to the game.

 

 

--

 


 

All the campers in their cabin are already pretty close to each other. And it’s been only 3 days since they all got here. It’s currently pretty late and the kids should be sleeping but since Dawon is nice she let’s them talk.

 

“Dawon, have you ever liked anyone?” one of the kids, Yeoreum, asks her.

 

“Yeah of course, I like all of you” Dawon jokes and the kid groans.

 

“No! That’s not what i meant! Have you ever like, had a crush on anyone?”

 

“Yeah, i have, plenty of times actually” Dawon chuckles and the kids all giggle. “Why? You have a crush on someone Yeoreum-ah?”

 

The kids blushes deeply and hides under her blanket. Another kid named Yeonjung screams “She has a crush!! Yeoreum-ie is crushing on someone! Who is it? Tell me right now or i’m coming to tickle you!” she claims and since Yeoreum doesn’t say a word or come out from under the blanket Yeonjung lifts the blanket and apparently crushes the other girl under her.

 

“Ow!!” yeoreum screams and after that Dawon can only make out muffled screams and giggles. She gets up from her own bed and walks over to Yeoreum’s and lifts the blanket, revealing two sweaty kids.

 

“She won’t tell me!” Yeonjung pouts.

 

“She will tell you when she wants to” Dawon says. “We should all go to sleep now”

The kids all groan but they fall asleep fast.

 

 

--


 

The next morning the kids don’t wake up before the alarm because they were up so late last night. They are all changing their clothes and ready to go eat breakfast.

 

“Everyone!” Yeoreum suddenly says and gets everyone’s attention.

 

“What?”

 

“I have a crush”

 

“We know.” Yeonjung sighs. “And we don’t really care unless you are gonna tell who you are crushing on.”

 

“Shut up. I’m coming to that part.” Yeoreum shush her up and sighs “It’s Luda.” she admits and Yeonjung screams. “Really? From Dayoung’s cabin?”

 

“I guess so. But she’s like so much older than me she probably thinks i’m a child. I think she’s 12!”

 

Dawon chuckles to herself. They are both kids



 

--

 

 

Later that day during the lunch Dawon is currently sitting alone in one of the tables she shared with her cabin’s kids, but since the kids all wanted to eat fast so they can go play football (which they seemingly love a lot) she’s sitting alone.

 

Suddenly one of the counselors she doesn’t really know, comes to sit to her table. The one who she saw earlier during the football game. Dawon thought she was cute earlier but the girl is even cuter up close. She has light brown hair and way more brown eyes. Isn’t this girl friends with Xuanyi, the loud one who’s friends with everyone. Well, of course she’d be friends her too.

 

“..Hey” Dawon greets the girl who awkwardly looks back at Dawon.

 

“Hi! This might be a bit awkward since we don’t know each other but isn’t that Yeoreum girl in your cabin?”

 

“Yeah, she is. Why?” Dawon asks, confused.

 

“The thing is, one of my kids has a huge crush on her, like she won’t shut up even for 2 minutes about this kid who did two goals during the football game yesterday.”

 

“Please tell me that kid is Luda” Dawon interrupts her.

 

The girl looks surprised. “How- How did you know it was Luda?”

 

“Because Yeoreum has a huge crush on her as well!” Dawon grins and the other girls squeals cutely. “Wow, this is so exciting! We have to plan something” she exclaims.

 

“We could come up with something.. like a reason for me and my kids to came to your cabin or the other way around, maybe we could for example play something?”

 

“Let’s say it’s some ponding time, we will come over later” the girl says and when she’s ready to leave when Dawon stops her.

 

“Wait! What’s your name?” she asks and the girl smiles at her.

“Meiqi” she says.

“I’m-”

“Dawon” the girl interrupts her. Dawon blushes slightly. “You knew my nam-”

“It reads on your name tag” Meiqi giggles when Dawon looks at Meiqi and sees a name tag on her shirt with the name ‘Meiqi’ on it, then she reaches to touch her own name tag and meiqi sees her cheeks darkening a bit more.

 

“O-oh”

“You are cute, I’ll see you later” Meiqi slyly says and walks back to her table, leaving Dawon a blushy mess. Did she just call her cute? Dawon is trying to breath normally but she can’t. This Meiqi girl has a weird effect in her.

 

 

--

 

 

“Everyone the girls from counselor Meiqi’s cabin are coming here today so we can all get to know other campers better, isn’t that fun?”

 

“Counselor meiqi? Who’s that?” one of the kids asks.

 

“She’s the counselor from another cabin, she’s my friend, almost”

 

“Almost? How can you be almost friends?” Yeoreum asks and Dawon sighs. She’s bad at explaining things.

 

“Well, we are becoming friends and I want to know her better so I invited them all to come here.”

 

“Ooh… so you like counselor Meiqi! Dawonie likes counselor Meiqi!” Yeoreum yells.

 

“Shut up Yeoreum, don’t you like that Luda girl!!” Yeonjung teases Yeoreum who is now blushing. Dawon mentally thanks Yeonjung for doing that because the whole situation was going to be so embarrassing to her.

 

“Now let’s all behave” Dawon says but nobody listens to her and as soon as the other girls arrive the kids are all screaming their asses off. They all seem to get along really well though and that makes Dawon happy. It seems that all the kids are also trying to get Luda and Yeoreum sit beside each other and Dawon thinks it’s really cute.

 

Dawon is starting to get a headache and she glances over and sees that meiqi is looking after the kids so she decides to go get some fresh air. She steps outside and breaths in and after a few minutes she can feel the pain in her head starting to ease

 

Soon she can hear the door opening and closing behind her and in a second the other counselor is standing next to her.

 

“Aren’t you cold?” Meiqi asks her and now that Dawon thinks about it, she’s shivering. She’s only wearing her pajamas, which are shorts and a tank top and since it’s already late it’s naturally colder.

 

“Actually yeah, a bit” she admits and as soon as she says that the other girl is starting take of her hoodie. “What are you doing?” Dawon asks and soon Meiqi hands her hoodie to Dawon. “Wear this”

 

Dawon can’t help but blush a little bit (she curses herself for it). She takes the hoodie and pulls it on. “Thanks” she shyly smiles “aren’t you gonna get cold though?” she soon asks, a bit concerned.

 

“Nah, it was so hot inside that small cabin with 12 people inside so i think i’ll be good for a while.” she explains and Dawon nods, understandingly.

 

“It’s already hot with 6 people inside so i had to come get some fresh air” Dawon says and now it’s Meiqi’s turn to nod. “I feel you.”

 

“The kids were starting to play spin the bottle and I can see that our plan is working pretty well! I mean other from the fact that those two are probably soon forced to admit their feelings the kids are all getting along really well” Meiqi speaks up “Oh my god I sound like a mother” she says after all that. Dawon giggles at that “I guess it was a good plan then.”

 

“We should do this more”

 

“I agree but right now we should get inside before the kids break something”

 

 

--


 

“Can we go to counselor Meiqi’s cabin tonight?” Yeoreum asks Dawon the next day.

 

“Why? Do you want to go see your girlfriend?” Dawon teases her.

“Yes! Don’t you want to see yours?” Yeoreum hits back.

“I don’t have a girlfriend.”

“What about counselor Meiqi?”

“She’s not my girlfriend!”

“Then why are you wearing her hoodie, it has her name tag on it!”

 

Wait, what? Dawon looks down at her shirt and she in fact is still wearing Meiqi’s hoodie. She forgot to give it back to her last night. Oh no, Meiqi must have been so cold when she walked back to her cabin.

 

“So she is your girlfriend! I’m going to tell everyone.” Yeoreum exclaims and runs off before Dawon can say anything. She facepalms and quickly changes her clothes. She takes off Meiqi’s hoodie and replaces it with her own, she also puts on some longer pants. She’s a bit late from the breakfast so she gets going and doesn’t forget to take Meiqi’s hoodie with her.

 

She scans all the tables when she comes in and quickly spots Meiqi, sitting with the kids from her cabin. She makes her way over there and sits right beside Meiqi. She passes the other girl her hoodie. “Hi.. here’s your hoodie, I forgot to give it back to you yesterday.” she mutters.

 

“Honestly, I hoped you would still be wearing it” Meiqi whispers to Dawon. Dawon suddenly panics and looks over at the girls from her own cabin and sees Yeoreum grinning at her and showing thumbs up. Dawon groans.

 

“What’s wrong?” Meiqi asks and Dawon shakes her head. “Nothing really. I should go grab some breakfast.” Dawon gets up and goes sit on her cabin’s table. She could see Yeoreum grinning at her from meters away.

 

“Yeoreum said that counselor Meiqi is your girlfriend” one of the kids says just as Dawon sits down.

 

“Yeoreum! I told you she’s not my girlfriend!”

 

“Maybe not yet-” Yeoreum starts but Dawon cuts her off. “You can’t just go around telling everyone I’m dating someone I’m not dating.”

 

“But you were wear-”

 

“Now shut up or I won’t play football with you all”

 

“Yeoreum, shut up!!” all the kids shout in unison.