Moment in Time

Sealed Kiss (Kiss Sequal) [Discontinued]

 

A few months passed since their graduation; their relationship grew colder and the distance thinned between them.  Ji Eun was busy attending school, studying for exams while Yoseob was practicing endlessly everyday and night.

She sat alone in the quiet library staring at the same text book since 5 p. m.   Her phone was just a few inches away from her text book.  The memory of them ran through her head remembering when it all started.

             It was just two weeks after graduation, exhausted from a day of volunteer work with little kindergarten students.  She was about to get ready to sleep when she received a text message from Yoseob. 'Can you come to the building across the coffee shop that we used to go to? I'll be there waiting. Hurry.'   . . . After forty-five minutes of receiving the text, Ji Eun arrived.  Trying to catch her breath she opened her phone, dialing Yoseob's number.  Before he picked up, she turned around searching for him.  A hand from behind tapped her shoulder.  Yoseob.   "Ah, you scared me;  What's so important?"

She asked. Yoseob grabbed her hand and led her toward the door. "It's my audition. I wanted you to be here. They'll call me any minute now." She stared down and saw the big white sticker with his name and number. "Ah, why didn't you tell me? I could've bought you flowers." She fussed.  

'Number 00321!' A women called out. "That's me. Wish me good luck." He said and headed toward the door. 

"Yoseob Hwaiting!" She cheered with a fist next to her face.  Yoseob turned around and threw a punch in the air and smiled.  . . .

Half an hour later, the door closed behind him.  Ji Eun stood up and smiled.  He hugged her. "I made it." He whispered.  Ji Eun jumped from his hug. "Congrats!" She shouted and suddenly kissed him.  Yoseob's eyes widened from the surprise kiss.  Ji Eun chuckled, "Is it that surprising when I kiss you?"

"Let's go celebrate. I'll call Min and the others." Ji Eun insisted.

"Ah, not tonight, I have to go to practice right away." Yoseob indirectly denied.

"Pra-ctice?" She murmured. 'Already?'

"Sorry. Next time okay? I promise." He said and lightly kissed her forehead.   She nodded her head staring at the ground like a kid.  She sighed once and turned around.  "Bye. I love you Ji Eun!" He shouted as she walked away.  A few tears fell as she walked away.'

 

The memory started to fade and she lost view for that moment.  Her eyes got watery and spilled onto the page of the text book. She sighed and grabbed her phone.

'Yoseob-ah, how have you been?  It's been quite a while since we've contacted each other.  I know you're really busy but I want you to know that I really miss you.  How about a date whenever you're free? - Ji Eun'

Send.

Ji Eun slid her phone into her bag, and cleaned up the table carrying the text book in one hand and her bag over her shoulder.  She walked out the library into the cold night at close to midnight.  'Will he even respond? Aish, Ji Eun you're a fool. He'll never respond.' She thought to herself and bumping into a person, dropping her text book.

"Ah, I'm so sorry." The person said.

She bent down to pick up her book. "It wasn't your fault, I should have been paying attention." She stood up and looked up at him. "Sorry. " And bowed then walked away.