Obsession

Obsession

CHANYEOL POV 

Answering his phone, he knew exactly who it was. 
“She left?” he says. “Coffeehouse on Pine? Thanks".

He hangs up the phone. So you were out with someone at a coffee house. Good thing Chanyeol loves coffee. 

Y/N POV 

Groaning at the sound of your phone blaring – this was not helping the pounding that was going on in your head. 

“What?” you snap into the phone. 

“Woah, settle down there tiger" you hear a voice say. Soomi. 

“What do you want?” 

“Meet me at the coffee place in 10 minutes. We have much to discuss" she says before hanging up. Not even giving you a chance to object. 

Groaning once again, you roll out of bed and throw on a pair of leggings and a sweater. Putting your hair up in a bun, you opt out of doing any makeup, instead just putting a pair of sunglasses over your eyes. 

The coffee place is only a few blocks from your place, it took only 5 minutes to walk there. Opening the door, the little jingle of the bell made patrons and workers aware that someone had entered. Immediately you spot Soomi and trudge your way over to her table. 

Like the amazing friend she was, she already had a iced coffee and donut waiting for you. 

“Sooo" she says. You raise an eyebrow as you take a bite of your donut. 

“So what?” you ask, mouth still full. 

“Who was the guy you were dancing with last night? Was he who you went home with and will you see him again she asks, eyes wide in anticipation for your answer. 

“His name was Chanyeol, yes I left with him and no I’m not seeing him again" you say. She looks disappointed.

“Why? He was so good looking and seemed to be extremely into you"

“It was a one night thing, that’s it. I’m not looking for anything" you say. 

“Nothing unless it has to do with Jongin right?” she asks with a wink. Soomi is the only one who knows of your massive crush on another coworker. 

“I don't know what you’re talking about" you say as the bell chimes, signaling the front door has opened again. Peaking up, you see a tall man with red hair.

You heart begins beating faster, continuing to look down, you see it’s the one person you definitely did not want to see. Chanyeol. 

“" you whisper. Soomi leans in close. 

“What's going on?” she asks, voice low. 

“It's him. Chanyeol is here.” You say looking up again, his eyes searching the crowd. 

“Oh my god. It’s meant to be" she squeals. You glare at her. 

“Get me out of here” you demand as you begin rising from your seat. Keeping your head down, you try to quickly maneuver your way out of the building without being noticed. You’re almost out the door when you hear your name being called. Silently cursing to yourself, you look up. 

“Hey y/n!” Chanyeol says with a giant smile and waving his hand. 

Giving him a small smile, you walk over to him and say hi. 

“Why did you leave so early?, I had plans for the day. Things I wanted to do with you". He says, his smile faltering. 

“I.. uh.. I’m sorry. I thought it was just a one night thing" you say honestly. You really did, and you did not want anything more with him. 

“Would you like to go for dinner tonight?” he asks you, with a hopeful gleam in his eye. 

“Sorry Chanyeol, but no. I’m not looking for anything serious. I’ve got to go.”, you say, giving him a sad apologetic look before practically running out of the shop. 

You ran all the way back to your apartment. Fiddling with your keys, you finally make your way into your apartment. Slamming the door shut behind you, you sink down to the floor. 

Why do you feel so guilty about turning him down? You really weren’t looking for anything, you didn't have an obligation to him. But something about the situation just wasn’t sitting well with you, but you couldn’t quite put your finger on it. 

Shrugging it off, you make your way to your couch and turn on Netflix, where you plan to stay for the rest of the day. 
 

《 Next day 》

Your alarm blares at 6:00am. Groaning, you really don’t want to go to work but unfortunately you liked to eat and take showers – so working was a must.
 

Picking out a slightly y yet professional outfit, consisting of a tight while button up top and a tight black pencil skirt paired with red pumps. Feeling satisfied with your outfit, you quickly put on a little makeup and pinned your hair up into a tight bun. 

Glancing at the clock, you still had a few minutes before you needed to leave, you decided you’d go now and grab a coffee on your way – a treat in the mornings you only got every once in a while if you had time. 

Making your way to the coffee house, you walk in and place your order. Reaching for your card to pay, you accidently drop it. Looking down, you see a hand reaching for it. Looking up you’re met with the gorgeous eyes of your office crush – Jongin. 

“Thank you" you say, turning around to pay for your drink. 

Jongin quickly places and order with yours and kindly pays for the both of you. 

“You didn’t have to pay for me" you say shyly. He chuckles. 

“What kind of gentleman would I be if I didn’t pay for your coffee?” he asks with a wink. “You look very beautiful today y/n". 

A blush reaches over your entire face. 

“You know, I’ve been wanting to ask you something, but I’ve been a little nervous” he says. Your heart starts beating even faster. 

“Just ask me, Jongin” you say. 

“Would you like to get dinner with me on Friday?” he asks. A smile takes over. You can’t find the words, so you just nod your head incessantly. 

He smiles. 

“Great, I’ll call you" he says, as he hands his phone over for you to put your number in. With shaky hands you take it and put your information in, the smile never leaving your face. 

“Can I walk to work with you?” he asks. 

“I would like that” you respond. Grabbing your coffee, you both make your way to work. You’ve never been quite as happy as you are in this moment.
 

CHANYEOL POV 

Angry. That's all the emotions he's feeling right now as his phone keeps ringing. He's not working today – he's the boss, he doesn’t have too. So why is his phone ringing at 6:45am. 

“What" he snaps into the phone. 

“What do you mean another guy? They’re going to dinner on Friday? Huh". He says. “Find out everything you can about him. Thanks, keep me updated" he says as he hangs up the phone. 

A date? With another guy? Ohh no no no, this just won't do. Didn’t you know you’re not supposed to be dating anyone else? 

Although you weren’t official and you didn't quite know it yet, you and Chanyeol were in an extremely exclusive relationship. Anytime he was hit on, approached, propositioned, he always said the same thing. 

“I’m happily in love with my beautiful girlfriend". 

Most of the time it worked, sometimes it didn’t, and he would have to take more extreme measures. 
He is now realizing he is going to have to push up his plan to make you his, because let’s be honest, you are going to be his, no matter what. 

Y/N POV 

All you felt all day was butterflies in your stomach. Every time Jongin looked at you from his desk, he gave you a small wink. You felt like you were floating on cloud 9. You couldn’t wipe the smile off your face. 

Jongin seemed to be just as happy. Always smiling, stealing little glances from you. 

Hearing your phone ding, you quickly peak around to make sure nobody is around before you check it. 
 

Jongin: I really want to kiss you. Is that too fast? Too much? [4:09pm]
 

You let out a small giggle. Oh how you’ve wondered what it would be like to kiss him

You: Honestly, I would really like that too. [4:11pm]

Jongin: You’re finished at 4:30 right? [4:15pm]

You: Yes [4:16pm]

Jongin: I will meet you in the front lobby, okay? [4:18pm]

A smile reappeared on your face. He made you feel things you’ve never felt before. All the tingles in your body, the butterflies, the feeling of pure happiness, nothing could ruin this. 

Once 4:30 hit, you packed up your things and said your goodbyes to your coworkers, catching a glance of Jongin before you left, he sends you small wink. 

Deciding not to wait in the lobby, you step outside. The air is still a little warm, the sun just beginning to set. It starts getting darker much earlier towards winter time – one of your favorite time of the year. 

Being brought out of your daze, you feel a little uneasy. You can't help but feel someone is watching you. Looking around, you can't see anyone, but honestly this isnt the first time you’ve felt like you were being watched. In your apartment, walking outside anywhere, the only place you haven’t felt it was in the office. 

You’re deep in thought when you hear your name being called. Coming out of your daze you jump a little when you notice the figure in front of you. 

“Y/n, are you okay?” Jongin asks. 

“Huh? Oh.. uh sure" you reply, unsure if you want to tell him. 

“Are you sure?” he checks again. 

“Do you.. do you ever feel like someone is watching you?” you ask. Jongin looks confused. 

“No, I’ve never felt that. Is everything okay?” he asks you. 

“I’m fine, I just I’ve been constantly feeling like someone is watching me. It's starting to creep me out” you confess. 

“Can I walk you home?” he asks. You nod your head, feeling a little better having Jongin around you. 

Slipping his hand in yours, you make your way to your apartment. 

“Well this is me" you say. 

“Let me walk you up". 

Walking up the stairs with Jongin, you make your way to your front door, only to find it not locked like you left it this morning. Gasping you open the door and the entire place is trashed. 

Your TV was smashed and knocked over, your couch was slashed and cushions destroyed. Pictures were smashed, coffee table flipped over, plants thrown everywhere. All the appliances in your kitchen were destroyed. 

Jongin pulls out his phone and places a call to the cops to report the break in, while you keep looking around. 

Making your way to your bedroom, you gasp at the site. Not only is everything destroyed, but there is writing spray painted on your wall. It sent chills down your spine. 

Stay away from him. You’re mine