Chapter 2

Never Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PRE-DEBUT

 

“What are we all waiting for?” Jennie complained, “We’ve been sitting around for 30 minutes.”

 

“Hanbin oppa,” Lisa answered, “The instructor said we aren’t starting until everyone’s here.”

 

Jennie rolled her eyes and turned her back against the door just as Hanbin entered the room.

 

“Who does he think he is, making everyone wait like this??” she said.

 

“Kim Hanbin, that’s who,” he answered.

 

Jennie was surprised to have suddenly found him standing right behind her.

 

“What did I miss?” He asked.

 

Jennie stood up and faced him, “Nothing. Because we were all waiting for you!” 

 

She shoved him aside as she walked towards the door.

 

“I’m getting instructor oppa,” she called over her back, “Everyone stay put. We don’t need any more delays.”

 

It was Hanbin who rolled his eyes this time.

 

Lisa caught a glance of him through the mirror and chuckled.


 

.

.

.

 

 

“Places, everyone. We don’t have all day,” the instructor took his place up front.

 

“Once you’ve learned the routine, feel free to go,” he added.

 

He demonstrated the dance once and then walked them through it step by step.

 

Lisa picked up first, followed by Hanbin, and then Jennie.

 

And that annoyed the hell out of her.

 

Hanbin arrived late, acted all arrogant, and still learned the routine before her.

 

She grabbed her bag and left the room.

 

After walking to the end of the hallway, she found Hanbin in front of the vending machines.

 

He casually turned to her direction and caught her staring.

 

He raised an eyebrow, “What are you looking at?” 

 

Jennie crossed her arms and stood still.

 

She closed her eyes to calm herself down and took a few deep breaths before answering.

 

NO OUTBURSTS, JEN. YOU’RE BETTER THAN THAT.

 

“You should be more mindful of the time next time,” she said.

 

He didn’t answer right away, seemingly confused by her suddenly composed tone.

 

Then he smirked, “It’s ok to be late if you're good enough to be,”

 

He knew that was enough to snap her out of her attempted good girl act.

 

“Boragu?!”

 

That's more like it, he thought.

 

“You heard what I said,” he shrugged confidently.

 

Jennie was about to go off when Jinhwan popped out from nowhere.

 

“Ya,” he signalled for Hanbin to follow him. 

 

He was panting, “Come, quick!”

 

Hanbin caught the worried expression on his face. So without question, he walked past Jennie to catch up to Jinhwan.

 

“Hey, I’m still talking to you!” Jennie turned towards the boys’ direction but they were already walking away too fast.

 


.

.

.

 

 

“Donghyuk’s in trouble.” Jinhwan said as he lead Hanbin out of the building.

 

They went out the back exit.

 

“What do you mean ‘in trouble’??”

 

Hanbin looked around and found a crowd of about 20 people gathered right across the street.

 

“That kind of trouble,” Jinhwan pointed at them.

 

As Hanbin tried to get a clearer view, he realized that the crowd was gathered around some boys.

 

And one of those boys was Donghyuk.

 

He was being held back by 2 others who looked about the same age as him.

 

A taller guy who seemed to be laughing was standing right in front of them.

 

“I’m not sure how we should go about it-“

 

“What’s going on over there??” Hanbin called out towards the crowd.

 

Jinhwan covered his face with his palm, shaking his head.

 

The crowd suddenly turned their heads towards them.

 

Hanbin approached and squeezed his way through to Donghyuk’s side.

 

“Oh would you look at who it is,” The tall guy smirked at Hanbin’s entrance.

 

“What are you doing with him?” Hanbin asked, “Ya Kim Donghyuk, get over here!” he ordered.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter