A Day Full of Frustrations

Oh, Come On! (A Day Full of Frustrations)

(Some days, things just don’t go our way...)

                At times like this, a bit longer limbs would really be of good use. My arms can’t even reach out that far, a few centimeters to my legs would at least cut my dilemma. Or maybe it’s the table’s fault that’s it’s significantly away from the couch. Or my fault that I put that heck of a drink there. Oh goodness gracious! My throat’s drying as is my whole mouth in drought.

I.

Need.

That.

DRINK!

                For a few minutes now, I’ve been trying to get hold of the bottled lemon drink- my favorite, which I placed on the center table in our living room, but to no avail. I feel mocked as the drink just moved further away the moment my toes accidentally pushed it when I’m trying to grab it with them.

Why are my legs so inconveniently short?

How easy would this be for Sowon unnie?

Even Yerin unnie’s legs would surely be gratified or even Umji’s in situations like this. I’m so frustrated right now that all I could do is just sit and watch the water vapors racing down the bottle to the table as I try to alleviate my thirst with my salivary glands.

 

(... but, it’ll come to pass.)

Help is coming. A loop playing in my brain.

And indeed, it is.

I am near collapsing when I heard our apartment’s door open.

What a relief.

                “Thank God unnie, you’re home!” I didn’t have to turn around to know it was Sowon unnie who came as her familiar footsteps, I could clearly hear approached the couch. “Unnie, please hand that drink for me. I’m dying!” anyone who’ll HEAR me would surely speak of my indolence just as how Sowon unnie started her reply.

                “Yahh, couldn’t you ju…oh!” she closed the moment she SAW.

“Here.” She handed me the drink which I so gratefully received I could even have said, “I owe you my life, unnie!”

                “Is she alright?” Sowon unnie then asked as her eyes remain by my shoulder. Not my shoulder really, but the girl’s head resting on my shoulder.

                You heard it right. Of course, I’m not one to thirst myself to death just because I’m too lazy to stand up and move a little bit more muscles. There was a reason I cannot move freely at my will. That reason my dear, is none other than the little Eunbi who missed her parents and seek comfort in my embrace and has now her limbs tangled at my body-her arms on my waist, her legs on my lap.

 

(When things don’t go your way, GIVE way…)

                “I didn’t know I’ll have my quality time with my girlfriend taken away from me by some beagle.” Sowon unnie sneered as she entered her room to which I just chuckled.

                I was playing my usual game in my iPad when Sinb approached me on the couch, dragging her blanket with her. “Unnie I’m bored.” she had said.

                “Want to watch Harry Potter?” I had asked her to which she just shook her head. Well, not really a surprise to me. Being bored to Sinb actually means a lot of different things.

  1. She just actually wants to watch Harry Potter, (Yeah, that was the first option and you already know it) and needed someone to watch it with her, just because...;
  2. She wants to eat something (something more likely she doesn’t really know and needed some suggestions);
  3. She’s in her beagle mode but has no one to play with (and today there’s no Yerin unnie nor Yuna unnie for her and neither is there Yewon);
  4. She misses her parents;
  5. She would want to go out but as the homebody she is, she’s lazy to do so and would need some push.

I had deduced today that it’s the fourth option. How? She had a negative response to Harry Potter- her favorite movie. She dragged with her, her blanket showing how lazy she is for the day and she hasn’t showered yet meaning it’s not likely for her to go anywhere. If you’re still not convinced, well let me say, she’d been peeking at her phone every now and then before she fell asleep on my shoulder.

“At times like this, I wonder how that innocent-looking beagle becomes savage. Oh, she looks so squishy.” That was Sowon unnie now in more comfy clothes, giggling to herself as she occupied the space beside me, staring intently to none other than Hwang Eunbi.

“She’s squishy and you’re squishing me,” I groaned in complain as I’m literally sandwiched between these two girls who are obviously bigger than me. Add to it that Sowon unnie had crossed her right arm over to slightly pinch Sinb’s cheeks, the other, she wrapped around my waist.

“Wait ‘til you wake her up, she’ll eat you alive.” One could tell how she really adores Sinb in her sleeping state.

“I actually missed my savage kid.” Sowon unnie snickered. “Should I wake her up?” she asked wiggling her eyebrows.

“Leave my kid be.” I slapped her hand that’s ready to do its thing.

“Okay.” She sounded defeated but to my great surprise, she left a peck at the corner of my lips before she leaned back to her seat. Such a tease. I breathe deep to calm my shaken nerves.

“Let’s get her to her room and spend time with me,” the whiny, childish side of Kim Sojung- you just saw it.

“Not gonna happen.” I declared, my hands busy fumbling my iPad trying to distract myself even more from the pleading giraffe beside me.

“I’ll just spend my quality time like this, then.” She relaxed herself leaning on me this time, her legs stretched, resting them on the center table.

 

(But sometimes, when things don’t go your way, you can actually MAKE way…)

 

“I’ll just spend my quality time like this, then.” She relaxed herself leaning on me this time, her legs stretched, resting them on the center table.

How jealous I am of her to do that. Don’t tell me she’s reminding me of my dilemma just moments ago, because yes, I am TOTALLY reminded.

I must have been too distracted of those legs that I found out it’s already her hand that I’m holding, my iPad now thrown over the couch opposite ours. It’s actually more like, she’s got my hand.

“Are you trying to kill me or what?” I asked slightly out of breath, not because of the proximity of our faces (well it could be) but hey, I’m literally squeezed in. And as if my state wasn’t enough for her enjoyment, she slightly brushed her nose on my cheek leaving a trail of her lips until the corner of mine.

“Stop it,” I whined to which she giggled. She was clearly enjoying her ‘quality time’.

“Okay,” she scooted over by a millimeter giving me just enough space to at least relax but her face is still so close with mine as she rested her chin on my shoulder. “Need help with her?” now she had the sense to ask. “We could at least lay her down.”

“I would actually be glad to do so. I thought you wouldn’t ask.”

“You said, ‘leave my kid be’” she murmured, smirking her sarcasm.

“Because you said, you’ll wake her up.” We are actually shouting out at each other but with voices not more than a whisper.

“Okay, we’ll lay her down without waking her up.”

 

(…if it’s still not. DON’T GIVE UP.)

Our attempts were in vain as the clingy beagle just tighten her grip around my waist when she felt hands probing her. After a few more prodding, we both just gave up and let her be.

“Is she really asleep or she’s trying to annoy me?” Sowon unnie groaned slumping back to my side. Her head became so itchy that she was scratching it with all her might.

“I think you should take a bath and cool off.” I silently laughed at her annoyance. Just moments ago, she had called the sleeping girl ‘squishy’ and now she is calling her ‘annoying’. What is she? A bipolar? I giggled at my thoughts.

“Hasn’t her mom called?” even in her exasperation, she’s still concern of the girl.

“You know it’s a weekday.” Every night, Sinb’s parents would actually call to check on her without a skip except that when we have schedules until late to which she would make up to them by calling in the morning. One of these nights was actually last night and when she was about to call this morning, her mom had already texted her that she can’t as she had an early appointment and it being a weekday, one won’t know when she’ll have time to do except the evening.

“Her dad?”

“Abunim’s, still out of the country.”

“Hmmm.”

“You know she’s just like this when she’s really down, right?” I know she’s jealous right now. Her pout clearly tells me so.

“I know.” She replied with a huff, hugging my arms as she lean more to me, adjusting herself to get more comfortable. This time, I just let her be. Who am I to complain when I actually like it, too?

“Unnie?” I called out quietly as if careful to not break the serenity of our silence.

“Eung?”

“I miss you. Lately, I’ve been missing so much of you. You know what I mean, right?” I don’t know what came into me but I think spending my time with her like this had brought me into my emotional coaster, winding me up and down the times when I couldn’t have much time with her- which was actually the case recently with our schedules packing up here and there.

“I do. I feel the same way, too. That’s why I was excited to go home, but…” she did not need to finish her sentence for me to know what she meant. Of course, just imagine her delight to have her schedule end earlier than expected knowing I’d be without one and just be in our dorm but then reality strikes and her expectations crumbled. “Don’t get me wrong though, I’m still happy to be with you like this.”

“I know. I’m happy, too.” This time, it was me who kissed her. I just can’t stop myself from doing so seeing how charming her hand, holding my hand is.

Yes, it’s her hand I kissed.

It was me being happy and my heart being full but her response told me it wasn’t the case as I didn’t know my heart could beat even faster. I feel my face heat up- no, it flared up, my head’s practically blazing fire, rested her chin on one of her hands supported by her elbow resting on her lap, looking at me straight in the eyes then placed a kiss on her hand to where I exactly kissed her. A naughty smirk played her lips, growing wider by seconds as our face becomes millimeters apart from what was a foot apart, moments ago.

 

(For there will always be times when things do go your way.

Just be sure, you’re NOT off the WRONG lane…)

 

Yes, it’s her hand I kissed.

It was me being happy and my heart being full but her response told me it wasn’t the case as I didn’t know my heart could beat even faster. I feel my face heat up- no, it flared up, my head’s practically blazing fire, as she rested her chin on one of her hands supported by her elbow resting on her lap, looking at me straight in the eyes then placed a kiss on her hand to where I exactly kissed her. A naughty smirk played her lips, growing wider by seconds as our face becomes millimeters apart from what was a foot apart, moments ago.

My conscious care to not wake Sinb up is now totally left somewhere as my body nigh-on screaming out all my jitters. I could feel Sowon unnie’s breathing on my face as she directed her lips over my eyes first, then my nose and then traversed my cheeks. You could hear my every vein as each pumps my blood 300BPM, my jugular vein would be enough to wake Sinb now.  Slowly, she dragged her kisses to the corner of my lips, my breath hitching with every peck. The butterflies in my stomach turned into bees now flying, buzzing inside my head. Our intertwined hands had my strength now as I grip tighter for dear life and not make extra movement, still trying hard to keep Sinb asleep or else it would be the death of me.

Then I felt a pair of lips brushed over mine- I realized I had my eyes closed, I also felt a tight grip. The buzz in my head might have struck some nerves that bells now started ringing in my ears, making me deaf to whatever sound there is around. Just when, I was beginning to lose all my consciousness over the kiss as I answer to it, a weight was lifted from my stomach and the next thing was a hand pulling the kiss off from me.

“What the…”

I opened my eyes to see Sowon unnie glaring at Sinb whose hand is still covering half her face- her nose down to her chin. I’m dead.

“Eunha unnie is mine, today. MINE.” She glared at Sowon unnie as if what she just did was not enough to boil anger on the other’s head. Or both ours for that matter.

“Aaargh!” Sowon unnie stood up all red- embarrassed and angry. That didn’t even flinch the beagle who just settled herself comfortable again. The nerve she got when it actually made me frustrated at her, too. “I give up!” I heard Sowon unnie shouted from the kitchen. I could clearly picture her breathing in and out as she calm her nerves.

“You brat. This is what you pay me after I became your comfort today?” I couldn’t contain myself at the unremorseful being who still clings like some sleep-deprived marsupial to me. She just eyed me with those puppy orbs of her with a pout she barely uses as her aegyo weapon. This brat, really. I huffed my thwarting discomfort.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know what I was doing until I did.” The brat knows how to apologize after all. This time, she freed me of her limbs.

“You could have spared me a few seconds more, you know.” I would want to sound more threatening but what can I do, a chuckle left my lips as I thought of the silliness of our embarrassment.

“I’ll have food delivered. What do you want?” Sowon unnie called out from the kitchen. She must have calmed down now. Hearing how Sowon unnie mentioned ‘food’, Sinb’s ears perked up just like the puppy she is.

“Unnie, mianhaeyo.” Sinb shouted as she must have felt burdened by her deed and now to be treated with food. She does not deserve one.

“Oh, shut up and spare me another embarrassed nerve. Just tell me what you’ll eat.”

“Tteokboki. Spicy! ...”

“…and chicken. Seasoned! ...”

“…and cola unnie.” Sinb enumerated everything she wanted.

“Shameless brat.” I muttered under my breath.

“You demanding brat.” Sowon unnie appeared from the kitchen, skimming her phone. I’m sure it’s the app I taught her.

“You still love me anyways,” came the response.

Of course, the brat won’t demand if she knows she’s not forgiven.

 

(I wonder when things will go Sowon’s way when Hwang Eunbi’s presence repels them all away.)

 

The end.

 



A/N: leave a comment if you relate =)