Chapter 2 - Beautiful Pain

Only Tears

After a long long long long time, finally I'm back. I don't know if I still have skills on writing, but I hope this isn't too bad. And I'll trying to write more in the future since I have so much free time now. 
Hope you like this one. 

.


.


.

 

Tak


The sound of glass hitting the surface of the table diverting Mark's attention from the view in front of him. His best friend,  Jaebeom surely not in a good mood today. They are on their fourth bottle of soju right now, and Jaebeom not giving any signal of stopping.


"You know what? I won't fallin in love ever again," drunken Jaebeom said. Mark just smiling, he knows his best friend so well. Jaebeom broke up with his girlfriend again today. That's why they end up in a small tent snack bar near Han River. It's must be hard for Jaebeom since he loves Seulgi so much. 


"I know, Jaebeom," Mark have experienced it too. Met love, and then break up, so many times he laughed and cried. 


"No, no, no," Jaebeom said while waving his hand to Mark, "You don't know, because you never get over from Jinyoung."


Jinyoung. Even by hearing his name only, can make Mark's heart beating fast.


"You know what, Mark?" Jaebeom said while trying to stand himself up and approaching Mark. The taller man pats Mark shoulder. "You have to moving on, dude," he then sat beside Mark's chair. "Time won't wait us, today will become yesterday too. I know you afraid of starting over, but love can't be stopped, you know."


It was ridiculous. Isn't Jaebeom who just broke up? Why he giving advice to Mark? It should be the other way, right? Mark kinda don't need this kind of advise, again. 


"Jaeb-"


"Love then pain love then pain," Jaebeom cut Mark's word. "Let’s learn from our mistakes. We grow out from failures. We want to love, but nobody wants to deal with the pain that follows, I understand them though," Jaebeom now put one his arm over Mark shoulder. "I understand what love is, Things that made you laugh now torment you everyday." 


Mark frowning his forehead when Jaebeom started to quoting some lyrics from a song. This man is definitely drunk. 


"There’ll be no more pain, but the scars will last forever. But that’s what it’s called beautiful pain," Jaebeom finish his word by smiling wide to Mark.


"Okay, you're drunk. I'll call the cab for you," Mark said fishing his phone from his jacket pocket.


.


.


.


Mark slowly walking from the tent snack bar. He is alone now. Jaebeom had gone some minutes ago by the cab he hailed. Feeling cold, He put his hand on his pocket while walking to the familiar path to his favorite place. It was almost midnight, the streets started to get empty since a lot of people now probably have a good sleep. Mark is still a little tipsy, he can feel his head throbbing, but he still fine though. Unlike Jaebeom, he is a strong drinker, some soju won't make him drunk. After 15 minutes walk, he arrived at his favorite place. A bench near the city park which is straightly facing a small boutique on other side of the road. Mark sat on the bench and looking straight to the boutique large window. For that window, he can saw the small lamp still on, so the owner of the boutique is still there. He must be work overtime again. Mark smiling then shake his head. That man is never change, still don't understand that he have to keep his health. Mark is wondering, is that man has his dinner yet? Or he just snacking protein bar?


When his mind floating away, the front door of the shop opened. Mark quickly put his jacket cap on, doesn't want to get caught by Jinyoung, the man cross his mind a moment ago.


"You don't have to bring dinner for me,  Jack," Mark can hear Jinyoung voice from his spot. So,  Jackson was there. Mark know that Jackson is Jinyoung new boyfriend, thanks to Jaebeom who also is Jinyoung best friends.


"I know you will forget to eat when you need to finish your project, Honey."


Mark know that too, he is the one who brings food for Jinyoung back then when they still in college.


"I won't," Jinyoung said, "I have one of my workers buy me dinner before they go home."


"Ck, Liar."


From his spot he can see Jackson leaning himself to kiss Jinyoung's cheek. Mark turn his head from that view. His heart throbbed in pain. He should know that it's hurt to see Jinyoung with another man. But he can't help but secretly visiting Jinyoung since he miss that man so much.


"Okay, stop it," Jinyoung said pushing Jackson to his car. "You need to go home, while I need to finish some design before I go home."


"Party-poppers," Jackson said opening his car's door. "One more kiss maybe?"


Jinyoung chuckled then place a kiss on Jackson lips.


Mark stands up, he can't watch it anymore. It's so hurt for him, like his heart got squeeze and it's hard to breath. His tears started to flow. Mark then started to run, he have to make sure that his heart won't stop beating because of the excessive amount of pain he just felt. Such a weak person. He mocked himself. 


Once he got home, his breathing was very harsh, he just sprinting from Jinyoung's boutique to his home. But thanks God he can escape from that tormenting scene. Mark close his eyes, a drop of tearf flows again.


"You don’t even know how much I regretted letting you go, Jinyoungie."


Mark slowly sliding down. He can't do anything right now, he is the one who let Jinyoung go. He is the one who ask the break up first.
Like people always said. The one who letting go is the one who regret it most.


.
.
.


I met you and loved you
I was happier than at any other moment
I hope you don’t get hurt in the future
I wish for beautifulness for you.

.

.

.