Alpha Team: Auditions

'Till Death Do Us Art

Hyoyeon plopped her training bag on the floor. The meeting she attended earlier was sure a sight to see. An annoyed Jessica Jung and a grouchy Kwon Jiyong should be avoided for the next meeting if they were going to act like that. Thank god for Heechul for keeping the meeting amusing

"How was the meeting?" 

The vice captain of Alpha was about to sling his arm on Hyoyeon when the girl easily dodged it. 

"It was... eventful?"

Hyoyeon shook her head as she remembered what happened to the meeting earlier. Eunhyuk raise a brow in wonder. 

"I heard Jung was there in place of-"

Hyoyeon gave the man a look making him shut his mouth. He knew it wasn't right to talk about chorale issues right now. The story about the changes in the chorale was such a huge issue that it filled the school paper for the past week. 

"How was the dragon? Was he sulking-"

Again, Hyoyeon gave Eunhyuk the look to shut his mouth. The vice captain pretended to be offended but he knew it was another hot issue in their school. Seriously, we're all graduating and issues are flying from left to right. 

"We'll discuss it... later" 

Eunhyuk couldn't stop himself from smiling. He knew that Hyoyeon would definitely tell him the story. On the other hand, Hyoyeon was busy eyeing the freshmen trying to audition for the Alpha Team. 

"Is that girl member of the Thai group from the last competition?" 

Hyoyeon cocked her head towards the girl who was busy stretching. Her vice captain turned his head towards the direction and thought for awhile. 

"The competition in Singapore? Maybe? Should I ask Taemin for the list of the dancers who'll audition?"

Hyoyeon absentmindedly nodded her head. She was busy scanning the room checking out who'll make it to the count. Other than being an academically inclined university, Korea National University is home to a lot of people excelling in Arts. The captain was pretty sure that most of the members are from the dance major but it doesn't secure a spot. Being in the Alpha Team is more than being a student in the Dance Department. 

"Here you go boss" 

Eunhyuk gave the folder filed with the application forms of the freshmen auditioning for their club. Hyoyeon scanned the list as a hawk. The biodata of the auditionees would help them see who has experience but it wasn't a guarantee also. 

"Would you look at that"

The girl chuckled. The man beside her tried to peak on the folder. 

"Who is it?" 

"Kim" 

"Kim?"

Eunhyuk repeated as he scanned the room trying to match the girl on the picture on the actual version. His eyes landed on the girl who was busy rehearsing her routine later. 

"What about her?"

"She learned under Coach Kwon"

Coach Kwon BoA was the previous coach of Alpha Team until she decided to take a break for this year. Hyoyeon was left with the burden of handling the auditions (with the help of Eunhyuk) but she didn't mind it at all. Their next coach would arrive the week after so the girl is making sure she would get the best and the one with potential. 

It was what Coach Kwon told her before she was left with the duty. It wasn't always about the best. It could be someone with the potential. After all, with potential you could go a long way. 

"She seems good with her foot" 

Eunhyuk commented as the two of them watch the girl in her own world. 

"Well I hope she's as good with freestyle"

With those words, Eunhyuk's eyes widen in realization. He wondered why Hyoyeon asked Taemin to make a playlist with about a hundred of song yesterday. He pittied his junior with the job given to him and now it finally sink in to him. 

Freestyle audition

 

 

 

"Gather up everyone!" 

Hyoyeon called from the middle of the room. Everyone made a circle around the feared captain of Alpha. 

"As you all know, I am Kim Hyoyeon, the current captain of Alpha. I'll be the one deciding if you fail or not alongside with my co-captain Eunhyuk" 

She gestured towards the man who saluted in acknowledgement. 

"You could all forget about your prepared choreographies since we're doing this one in freestyle" 

Some freshmen started whispering around them, obvious that they were panicking over the fact that the audition became a freestyle one. 

"Eunhyuk will be demonstrating on how to do it"

Eunhyuk was nudged on his side by another junior. The man was in shock. Most of the seniors and juniors were laughing at him. 

"WHY THE HELL KIM HYOYEON?"

 

 

 

But Eunhyuk has no other choice. So he was standing in the middle of the circle and he could clearly see the eyes that were expectant at him. The junior duo- Jongin and Taemin were both showing him thumbs up making him want to curse the two. Hyoyeon was sitting in the middle of the circle. 

"Play track number 48" 

That was the last thing Eunhyuk heard when the music started playing. It took him a couple of seconds before he started dancing. Letting the music enveloped him as he danced to its beat. 

When the song finished everyone was clapping their hands at amazement. Hyoyeon was even smiling at him, a rare sight to see for Eunhyuk when throughout his experience Hyoyeon was just screeching at him to keep on practicing in order to be better. Eunhyuk made a polite bow as he made his way towards his spot next to Hyoyeon.

"What the ?"

He whispered, trying to catch his breath from dancing. Hyoyeon just chuckled and gave him a water bottle. 

"Well, if I were to do the freestyle, the youngsters would think I prepared it" 

"You could've asked Taemin or Jongin"

Eunhyuk argued but Hyoyeon lifted her hand. 

"We're graduating. You showed them what we are made of" 

The dancer was about to reply but Hyoyeon called the first auditionee already.

"Kim Chungha!"

 

 

 

The girl wearing all black timidly made her in the middle. She was nervous but she was hoping that she doesn't show it. Especially that Hyoyeon is looking at her like a lion ready to feast on a deer. 

"Track 81!" 

Muisc filled the room. The girl bounced a little trying to get the vibe of the song. She was used to dancing to fast paced song so giving her that requires a bit of smooth movement caught her off guard. After getting the vibe of the song, the girl started dancing.   

When she finished, everyone was clapping. She looked at the two captains of the team. Eunhyuk was smiling while Hyoyeon was expressionless making Chungha wonder if she did her best. She bowed at everyone before returing to her spot. 

 

 

 

"Impressed?"

Hyoyeon jotted down her notes on Chungha's application form making Eunhyuk raise a brow. He was impressed with the girl although he could sense the nervousness at first but it was natural. She was able to adapt to the song's style quickly and gave them a good performance. As the first one, she was able to raise the bar well. 

The auditions continued and they were a few notable dancers from here and there. Eunhyuk remained supportive of the freshmen while Hyoyeon was showing no emotions. Calling out the name, telling the track number, and jotting her notes when the dancer is done. There was not even a smile on the captain's face making Eunhyuk wonder if the freshmen would be able to pass. 

"Manoban Lisa" 

It was finally time for the Thai girl to audition. Now, Eunhyuk was expectant. He checked her application form awhile ago and she was part of the dance troupe in Thailand. Unlike the first ones, Lisa wasn't showing any sign of nervousness. 

The captain bit the cap of her pen before saying the track number.

"Track 47!" 

The music started playing and Eunhyuk wonder if the girl already had a choreography for the song. It took her a couple of seconds to get into the zone and now she's dancing in front of everybody. 

 

 

 

Hyoyeon finally called out the name of the last auditionee. 

"Kang Seulgi!"

The name is enough for people to start whispering. Eunhyuk was even surprise that her name was on the list. The infamous Kang Seulgi. He looked at his two juniors who were currently assigned with playing the music. Jongin caught him looking at them and he merely shrugged his shoulders.

Seulgi was part of Korea's National Dance Troupe and out of the members in Alpha Team, Jongin, Taemin and Hyoyeon were the ones who were given the chance to dance with the Dance Troupe for the past 5 years. When the the three Alpha Team dancers joined the National Dance Troupe Seulgi was already a member. It shocked the dancing world when Seulgi suddenly quit a couple years ago. She vanished without a trace. 

It was surprising to see her again. 

"Track 22" 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Sorry for the very very late update since I'm pretty caught up with school but I hope you guys enjoyed it??