Seulgi Kang

Bittersweet (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seoul was a busy city. With all the cars running around, all the events happening in the city and all the people. Born in Gyeonggi-do, Kang Seulgi is used to living in the business of a city.

 

At the age of 18, Seulgi moved to Seoul to continue her studies. It was hard on her at first. Searching for a nice and cozy apartment, going anywhere by herself, making new friends by herself and living alone by herself. She struggles a lot at first, with the money she is getting from her parents, which is not that much, only enough to pay her apartment rent and university's thing. Sometimes, Seulgi had to starve herself in order to not waste money.

 

But eventually, at the age of 20, she realize that she could gain money by working. So she did. Her work changes as time passes by, from being a convenience store cashier to a mechanic. But until four months ago, she finally found a promising part time job and that is being a barista at a shop called 'Expresso’.

 

If Seulgi would say so, she isn't much of a coffee fan. She's okay with drinking them but she wouldn't say she loved drinking them. But when she happens to make coffee for other people, she cannot help but notice how her customer's expression change as soon as they drank her coffee. It's a mix of joy and (yeri (I'm just kidding)) relief to see that her customers enjoyed her coffee. So Seulgi decided to try some of the customer's top picks, and it turns out, she actually likes some of them.



 

Right now, Seulgi is in her apartment and she just woke up from her deep slumber. She rubs her eyes as she pours milk on to her cereal, finally scooping a whole spoon of cereal and into it goes. While eating, she tilt her head left and right to smooth out her joints. After that, she decides to take a hot shower and get ready for her work.

 

It has become a routine for Seulgi, wake up, go to classes, and go to work. But on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the brunette often helps her manager on opening the coffee shop because she doesn't have any classes those days. Today, Friday, is one of those days. So here she is, standing in front of the shop's door, waiting for her manager to open the door.

 

After a minute, she finally saw someone through the coffee shop's big, shiny window. The person is quite handsome, if Seulgi would say so, even with a lean and skinny figure, the person could attract a lot of girls. But Seulgi sees the person only as her manager and friend.

 

“Oi butterfly! Good morning! Early as ever I see.” Kim Heechul greeted her with a bright smile as he open the door for her and signals her to come in. Seulgi smiles back and enters the vintage looking cafe and as soon as she did, she smells coffee everywhere.

 

Seulgi is used to smelling coffee and smelling like it. She often goes home and she found herself smelling her shirt before putting it in the washing machine. Now, in the early morning of Friday, she stood behind the counter, preparing anything that needs to be prepared. The brunette organises the coffee containers and place it near her according to the most famous one to the least famous. The least famous would be on the counter behind her or in the cupboard while the famous one would be somewhere near where she always makes the coffees.

 

After her work is done, Seulgi saw Heechul putting down the chairs that has been put on top of the table and so she decided to help. Heechul thanks her and asked her to do the left side of the cafe and when she was about to put down a chair, the doorbell rings, signaling someone has come.

 

At the same time, Seulgi and Heechul turns their head only to find one of her co-workers walking in. They greet her 'good morning’ and she replies and smile. The girl then proceed to help Seulgi with the chairs because Heechul is already done with his.

 

“Yo.” Yeri said as she places the chair on the floor.

 

“Yo Yeri.” Seulgi said and finally she sets down the last chair and sit on it making Yeri do the same.

 

“How's school?” Yeri asks, tying her blonde hair into a ponytail.

 

“.....You said that like we're not going to the same university.” Seulgi rolls her eyes and do her bun. The bun is her signature, Yeri said, because a lot of people recognize Seulgi by her bun.

 

While Seulgi is busy putting up her bun, Heechul came out from the kitchen and seems to be going out before he stops and turns around, remembering his workers. He turns his body and said,

 

“Hey so I have to run some errands and a few things after that, can I trust you guys on the shop?” Heechul asked even though he has already grabbed his car key and is holding the door handle, waiting for the two to give their answer and he gets out after seeing them nod their heads. On his way out, Heechul bumps into another beautiful girl and she nods her head at him. He flashes a smile before walking to his car, the girl walks into the cafe.

 

“Kim Chungha!!There you are!” Yeri shouts right beside Seulgi's ear and the girl had to cover it so that she didn't go deaf.

 

“Yes Yeri, here I am.” Chungha chuckles in amusement at the youngest one while she puts her bag behind the counter and continues,

 

“So Heechul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter