Shock

Secrets of SAA

----------
“UGH!”
I couldn’t fall asleep! It’s only been 30 minutes since I got in bed!
I decided to just wake up.
I got out of my bed and went into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.
I looked outside the window and saw birds chirping and the sun shining brightly.
“What a perfect day! I should go jogging later!”
After finishing everything, I got out of the bathroom and grabbed some clothes from my closet.
I curled my brown hair into soft curls and I got downstairs.

As I went down the glass stairs, there was an explosion that seemed to have come from the kitchen.
“OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED?!”
I ran to the kitchen to see my mom wearing an apron, and her face all black and the rest of the area where she was standing the same as her.
“Umma. Why are you still here? I thought you would be at work already!  Also, what did you explode this time?”
I asked her.
“Uh… Well, I asked my secretaries if I could skip work today, and I kind of burnt your omelette… Whoops!”
She giggled.
I sighed and walked over to her,
“You should go upstairs and change now. You don’t want to look like coal the whole day.”
“What do you mean by that?”
“Go look upstairs in your mirror and you’ll see what I mean!”
She walked upstairs and as I was about to start cleaning the area, I heard a scream.
“ACK!!! WHAT HAPPENED?! I DIDN’T KNOW I WAS THIS BAD!!”
I rolled my eyes and let out a little giggle and I set off to clean the area.
Once she got downstairs, she quickly ran over and told me,
“Miyoung, I’ll clean the rest up. I’ll make another omelette and some ham okay? You should go get the mail!”
“Arraseo Umma! Please don’t blow anything up again!”
“I won’t this time! It was just a minor error!”
I rolled my eyes.
Minor error huh? That was definitely a lie!
I got on my white flat shoes and I walked to the mailbox. I grabbed the mail inside.
Gas bill, random ads, and… Huh? A mail for me? It’s from Seoul too! But… Who’s it from? None of the girls send me letters! They usually email me!
There was also a yellow package in there, sent from the exact same location!
Is it from him?
My hopes went up, and I ran back to the house and set the remaining mail on the dining room table, and ran upstairs to read the letter and open the package.
I opened the letter and started to read it.
Dear Kim Miyoung-sshi,
      Congratulations! You’ve been accepted to Seoul Arts Academy!

“HUH?! I got accepted to an academy I don’t even know about, in Seoul! It’s definitely not from him…”
I read on.
“Seoul Arts Academy is a prestigious arts academy in Seoul, where most Korean Stars attend school and university here. It’s restricted to only Korean stars, like idols and actors, so that they won’t have fans disrupting their daily lives of arts education to further improve their idol life. As I am the headmaster here, I have given you permission to attend here!
But how does the Headmaster even know who I am? I’m not a Korean Idol!
Your parents, including your father, which I assume you don’t remember very well, are actually my very good friends!
He even knows my dad? Does that mean he’s still alive?
If you’re wondering about your father, I’m pretty sure he’s still alive, but sadly I don’t know of his whereabouts.
Oh… That’s too bad.
Your mom had personally asked if you could attend here, as she knows you do miss your friends here in Seoul, and how she’s too busy to take you for a visit, I know she’s busy with her job. She told me how she wanted to you to have a happy time here!
Mom…
You will start school in 3 days, your plane ticket and uniform are in the package I sent also. Uniforms are for anyone younger than 19, I know you will be turning 19 next year, so you won’t have to wear it next year. Currently, our accommodation at our dorm is full, so you will have to stay in a hotel once you arrive in Korea as we will be preparing a place for you to live. Have a safe flight; I hope you will enjoy your time here at SAA!
                                                                                                                                       Mr. Lee

Uniforms… Great.
I haven’t worn one in my entire life! I hope it’ll be fine.
I opened the package to see my uniform, and an envelope on top.
Not bad, isn’t as horrible as I thought it would be!
I opened the envelope to check my plane flight, which was in a shiny blue envelope
Korean Air First Class
NAME        Kim Miyoung
FLIGHT    KE 789 23OCT11      TO SEOUL SOUTH KOREA

DEP TIME     15:20
BOARDING   14:50


WAIT HUH?! 14:50 is… 2:50 PM!
I turned around to check the clock, and it said 9:00 AM.
I only have 3 hours to get everything ready!
I ran downstairs to tell my mom about this.
But, why would she want to transfer me back to Seoul? She knows how much she’ll miss me if I’m not there!
“Ah Miyoung! Breakfast is ready! Come sit down!”
I sat down in my chair and started eating my breakfast.
Does she not know that I got the letter today?
“So mom… I found this letter in the mail box.”
I pushed the letter towards her.
“What’s this?”
She looked at it and her face immediately got a bit sad for a split second, and then she put on a happy expression.
“I see you read this! Aren’t you glad? You can go back to Korea now! Your friends must miss you a lot.”
“Umma… But what about you?  You’ll be by yourself…”
“Don’t worry Miyoung-ah! I’m a strong woman; I can take care of myself!”
She said proudly.
“Okay Mom!”
“Oh by the way, when’s the flight at?”
“Today at 3:20 and boarding is at 2:50…”
“OH MY GOSH! We have to get ready! Go quickly pack up your stuff!”
I ran back upstairs and got the suitcase from my closet. I packed up all my things in less than an hour; I would miss this home though. My room was perfect, and the outside area was relaxing.  

I changed into a more suitable outfit for the long ride.


My mom then took me to a restaurant and we had lunch together.
--------------------------
1:50 PM
We were already at LAX and my mom took me inside the airport.
She hugged me really deeply and I hugged her back.
“Miyoung. Have a good time! I’ll miss you a lot! I love you!”
She started crying a little bit.
“I’ll miss you too. I won’t forget to call you!” I kissed her on the cheek.
“I hope you won’t! Here, this is a present for you; I got it for you after I made the plans with Mr. Lee.”
I took off the blue ribbon and opened the long sleek white box.

“Umma! This is so beautiful! Thank you so much!”
She helped me put it on.
“I knew you would look even more beautiful with it on! You better go now… Say hi to Mr. Lee and your friends for me!”
“Bye Umma!”
I turned around, and I set off to the International Terminal! 

--------------
By the way, the blue, is Miyoung's thoughts. :) Sorry for not updating lately! ><