Second Greetings

Ideals

“what are you like when you’re with friends?” Taehyung finally spoke up, looking at her uneasily. “I’m sure you already know but you’re very similar to me.” He laughed, but I found myself growing more annoyed with him being her bias.

“My friends say I’m predictably unpredictable.” She smiled wildly, making me smile just from looking at her. ‘to bad the stage is set for someone else.’ Without realising I sigh out loud as I scratched my head. “I know we are similar, it’s something I found out after deciding you were my bias.” She turned her gaze to me as I made a noise. “Jungkook, I didn’t make you mad did i?” I jolted my head back up looking at her, she looked sad now. ‘I screwed up!’

“N-no! not at all!” I felt flustered and the others could see it, Jimin now poking me. “Stop, I’ll get you back later!” I felt myself growing irritated and looked at Yoongi to move this along. He got the message thankfully.

“Alright! On to step 2!” he said loud enough to get everyone’s attention, I felt myself look at Mina before looking at him again to explain. “This one will allow one on one with Mina,” he motioned to her as he said her name, “the ranking order was already decided, first will be Jimin, followed by, RM, Jin, Myself, J-hope, V then last Jungkook.” I frowned knowing I had to watch each person talk with her alone. “After this is over she will decide the order for the next challenge.” Everyone got more eager, willing to prove they could go on a date with her. “And start!” we all walked off giving Jimin time to organize something to say to her.

I could feel myself staring at the pair as they joked and laughed. I felt some sort of nervousness in not winning the date with her. Feeling I was far enough I sat on the grass picking out one blade at a time. ‘this isn’t fair, we are planning a date with a fan… right she’s just another fan…’ the realisation made me start to get mad that this was the game.

“Hey calm down!” I could feel hands on my shoulders as I looked up to see Yoongi. “What’s up? If you keep pulling grass there’s going to be a bald patch.” He sat next to me, watching the others goof off and run around. I ignored them going back to looking at the mini dates. I could feel my body slump automatically. “So, did someone fall for her? I mean we all know Jimin is only doing this for the show right now.” He laughed remembering how she’s so close in height to him. “But you seem off. Hey Jimin! Come here!” I barely even noticed he had finished talking with her.

“She’s so tall! My god!” was all he could say as he came to sit next to us. “She’s very sweet though, just not my type at all.” He leaned back on his elbows watching the next mini date going on. I just continued picking the grass. “Jungkook,” I looked up at the mention of my name, “don’t you like taller girls?” he winked at me, as I felt my face growing red.

“Well, ya, I guess…” I looked over to her smiling to myself. And felt more shoving on my shoulders.

“Are you actually into her?!?” I heard Taehyung almost yell in my ear, making me jump and the others there laugh. Grabbing his face to quiet him, I saw his eyes shine with mischief. “So I’m right. How cute!” he started to pinch my cheeks and I tried to swat him away. Yoongi got up heading towards the interview section looking back at me smiling. “Maybe after the date episode you can actually ask her out?” I burst into laughter at the statement.

“Why? She already likes you.” I sounded more aggressive than I had wanted to feeling my eyes grow wide with the angry in my own voice. “that’s not what I meant…” I could see them looking at me both shocked and amused.

“Wow, you really seem to have a thing for her. I don’t think I’ve heard you that aggressive over one of us being a bias.” Jimin said laughing at how I was now covering my face. “Taehyung you’d better go.” Peaking up I saw him go and suddenly got very nervous. ‘oh my god, I’m next.’ I felt my heart race. “Don’t worry, you’ll do fine. Besides, she’s very easy to talk to.” He put a hand on my shoulder, making me feel very much so the younger.

After that he let me sit in silence, making sure anyone who came close knew to keep a little quiet as well. As I watched their little date interview thing I felt my mind grow concerned at how much they smiled and laughed. Then I saw Taehyung head back this way, and got up feeling nervous. Finally, reaching the spot for the interview I smiled at her taking a seat.

“I don’t think I’ll ever want to go on another date again.” She joked and I felt my heart sink, but I laughed with her, trying not to make it obvious that I felt hurt. “so Jungkook, you asked me the most questions earlier.” I looked at her laughing lightly trying to keep a calm demeanor. “Since you’re the golden Maknae, I’d like to know one thing.” I nodded knowing everyone was watching us. She smiled at me, as I could feel my cheeks flash pink. She stood up putting her hand out towards me, I looked at it for a second before taking it and standing facing her. We stood an arms length away from the other but held our fingers together. My heart raced as my mind pictured just taking her hand fully. “Spin me.” Taking me off guard I stood blank for a moment. Looking at her dress and then to her face, I slowly lifted our arms spinning her lightly. She quickly took control of the spin as I was entranced by her flowing dress and cute smile. Suddenly she stopped and let go of my hand. “The new arrangement is decided!” she shouted excitedly.

With that Yoongi was once again given a small paper so he could organize everyone. Before he read the paper out loud he took each of us pulling us into an order to sit. Taehyung was first, then next to him sat Yoongi, then Hoseok, then Jimin, me, Namjoon and Seokjin was last. Finding myself glaring at Taehyung I decided to look to the floor.

“Alright, Mina has decided on the order.” Yoongi called from his seat, flashing his hand over the new lineup. “This here was how she used to organise us, before she met us in person.” I looked up at the line, still mad but seeing no real order to it. ‘it seems almost random.’ I felt someone looking at me and glanced to see Mina smiling at me. “The new order after meeting us is almost the same. There’s some small differences.” My heart began to race as I waited for the new line up. “Jimin, move down between RM and Jin.” We all laughed at how he fell down the line. “Next Jungkook, come next to me and J-hope.” At the mention of my name I stood up moving over to my new spot. “This is the new order. Now I don’t know the reasons for each change but this is it.” We all cheered and I glanced over to Mina smiling to myself lightly. “Next step!” he yelled and being as I was sitting right next to him I flinched at the sound. “in this final round the top three, in this order, have to- really?” he laughed looking at the camera crew.