First Meetings

Ideals

I hate mornings, I just can’t be bothered to get up. Today we are going to be filming a vlive episode, but the manager won’t tell us what it’s about, let alone where we’re going. I always felt it was best to know what we were doing so we could dress for it. Not knowing what to wear, I just put on something basic, skinny jeans and a nice shirt. Once that was decided I went out with the rest of the group, they seemed to have the same idea as me for getting dressed.

“all I know about today is that it’s going to be a little like an interview.” Namjoon was filling us in as we walked out to the van. “whoever we end up talking to, I hope he’s nice.” We all nodded, still tired from the early start.

Finally sitting in the van, I tried to sleep but my mind was to excited for the day ahead. Closing my eyes so the rest of the group would leave me alone, I thought about who we would be meeting and where we could be going for the day. My thoughts kept getting interrupted by laughter, and I could feel I was getting more and more annoyed. Peaking through half closed eyes, I could see the members playing games and throwing bets on who we were meeting. ‘seems I’m not the only one curious.’

“We’re here!” Hoseok yelled nearly flattening me to the window, everyone just laughed at how weird he could be at times. The van pulled to a stop and the doors opened to let us all out. I tagged back a little to be the last one out, and saw we had been brought to a park. ‘were we going to be playing sports?’

We all looked around, while being guided to some chairs and the camera crew. Bowing to say hello, we each took a seat waiting to be told what to do. In front of us was a bench with a table, but the person we were going to be talking to still wasn’t here. Despite this the crew insisted we start filming. Yoongi was once again our mc, and with this we all went back to our stage names.

“Welcome!” he was very animated while talking making us giggle a little. “today, our roles are reversed!” he continued reading his little que cards. “BTS will be the interviewers, the end goal being to win a date.” We all looked around confused. ‘a date? With a guy?’ “hey, what’s this about? Is this even allowed?” he was laughing and pointing at the film crew, they just motioned him to keep going. “uh, so we will be interviewing this person and win a date. of course this will be a filmed date.” We all nodded and smiled, still trying to wrap our heads around this idea. “a couple facts about this person before we get started,” we perked our heads up all curious for what we were going to hear, “this person speaks 4 languages, English French Japanese and Korean, the last 2 were self taught. They are from overseas in Canada, not specifying where exactly. They are also completely not famous.” We all looked at eachother shocked at the small facts we knew now. ‘so they know Korean, I wonder how good they are.’

Movement caught my eye at the edge of the park, a girl wearing a cute frilly dress was walking by. Unintentionally I kept looking, ignoring the others who were trying to get my attention. Something was special about her, if it was how her hair was cut short, or how she walked smoothly almost like a model. Then it clicked as I saw her turn, we were interviewing her. When she spotted the camera crew she bowed and walked towards us, she greeted them in Korean and then turned to greet us. We all seemed stunned, some giggling weirdly and others just staring. The manager sent her to go just outside the view out the camera waiting for Yoongi to call her on.

“ahhhh, haha, so they are here!” he managed to get the words out through his shy laughter. I sat very quiet just a light smile on my face. “come on out Mina.” We all clapped as she came out bowing, smoothly walking to the bench and fixing her dress before sitting. Seeing her up close she looked tall. “I’m sure you know how today is going to go,” he was back to his composed self, “by the end of the day you get to decide who you think will be the best fit for a date.” She nodded covering with her hand. “who will ask the first question?” I shot my hand up almost hitting Jimin who was sitting next to me. Yoongi nodded and let me ask.

“How tall are you?” the question got blurted out and before she could answer I threw out a couple more. “when’s your birthday? Do you know us? Who’s your bias?” I felt a smack over my head as Jimin yelled for me to slow down.

“I’m 172, my birthday is march 19 1996, I do know who you are and V is my bias.” She answered everything blushing at the mention of her bias. I hung my head, feeling there was no way I could win against her bias. But she was older than me and the perfect height.

“172?!? That’s not fair!” Jimin was now standing pointing at her and laughing. “how can you be that tall? Come here prove it.” Without a question she stood up walking towards him and instantly we all started to laugh, she was basically the same size as Jimin, who was now looking at the floor. ‘serves you right!’ I felt oddly protective.

“onto the next thing, so why is V your bias?” Yoongi was still laughing at the reaction from Jimin, “Jimin! You still need to participate!” he yelled watching the younger just sit gazing at the floor. With how we were acting she giggled to herself, I looked at her feeling in awe. ‘how could someone like her exist?’ I couldn’t help but stare.

“he’s my bias because he is.” Seemingly avoiding a real answer, still blushing at the mention of it. I felt annoyed that he was her bias, and had a feeling he was going to win this challenge hands down.

“do you like going out drinking?” Namjoon took charge in changing the subject. She shook her head vigorously, as if we asked the worst thing ever. Curious eyes looked from Taehyung to her. “Why not?” Namjoon pressed, and I dreaded the answer.

“I get drunk after more than one drink.” She laughed lightly, but we all looked to Taehyung who was now eyes wide. ‘that’s just coincidence. I hope.’ I was curious now and wanted to know more.

“um, how do people you know describe your taste of style or taste in things?” I felt myself asking a very specific question, and all eyes were on me now. I couldn’t look away from her, something kept me almost entranced by her.

“Oh, well my friends have said my style is different, or that I like things considered unique and unusual.” I felt myself smiling as everyone freaked out by what she said. I felt there was some weird reason her bias was Taehyung and so far it seemed they were the same person. I had one more question to test this out.

“Do you collect anything?” I heard the others sigh as I seemed to be taking over the interview. She sat looking at me thinking, so I decided to help my point across. “like do you have a lot of something? For example hats?” her eyes lit up as she found an answer, the other members were quiet waiting as they picked up on what I was doing.

“Scarves.” She said nodding happy with her answer. “I have a lot of scarves, but I don’t wear them often.” She smiled again, but nobody said a word, everyone was just stunned. She was a female version of Taehyung.