Chapter 2

The Firefighter

* One again I must apologize for the lengthy time between the update, but as I said last time I am going through college right now. I've been away from this series for so long that I am going over the episode recaps to make sure that I have the basis of the story correct. Aside from what I will be changing to fit my pairing, if you find anything wrong with the story please let me know.

* Disclaimer: As stated in Chapter 1, I do not own Boys Over Flowers.

Chapter 2

Not long after Ji-hoo's performance, Jan-di and Ji-hoo are walking along the streets on their way back to Ming's house. The air around them is calm and relaxed after the day that they spent together. While they are walking along, Jan-di can not help but to steal glances at Ji-hoo. Ever since they had left the city he'd had a small smile fixed on his face. 

Jan-di's earlier revelation was still floating around in her head. Now that she realized she did not need Jun-pyo, how was she to feel about Ji-hoo? He was her sunbae that had always been there for her, and the one that she could trust the most. Was this more then affection that she was feeling? 

As these thoughts ran through her head, she took another quick look at him. Ji-hoo was still smiling slightly, and that smile sent a burning feeling from her heart straight to her stomach. With how distracted she was while watching Ji-hoo, Jan-di missed her next step and the heel to her shoe snapped.

The unexpected snapping of the heel made them both pause for a moment. Ji-hoo's smile had turned into a small frown as he looked down at her in concern, considering what he should do. When the heel had snapped, Jan-di had looked down in surprise before looking up sheepishly at her sunbae.

Not wanting to cause trouble, Jan-di tried to continue on in with her broken heel, but after a moment decided to take it off. Just as she was about to start off again Ji-hoo stepped in front of her to kneel down. He was offering to carry Jan-di for the rest of the way, and with a little hesitation she gratefully took up her sunbae's offer.

When Ji-hoo started to rise Jan- di was offering her thanks just as he was thanking her. 

Ji-hoo told her that it was the first time he ever had to earn money on his own. He ended his thanks with, "There are a lot of things I'm doing for the first time because of you. So thanks."

While she had appreciated the thanks that he had given her, Jan-di felt that she was the one with more to be thankful for since Ji-hoo was the one who was always looking after her. 

The pleasant mood had returned as they carried on in their walk back, and both of their smiles had returned to their faces; this time a little bigger then before.

With her arms wrapped around his shoulders, Jan-di leaned her head a little closer to Ji-hoo's and silently took in his presence for a moment. As they got closer to approaching the gate, Jan-di tightened her hold on him and quietly said, "I feel that I have more to be appreciative for. Thank you for always being there for me."

Ji-hoo turned his head to the left a little at her line, and she took this moment to press her lips slightly to his temple. The soft touch had made him pause for a moment before walking on.

Jan-di was not quite sure where this sudden daring had come from, but she was going to take advantage of the feeling so that her sunbae could hopefully understand how she was feeling at this moment. As they reached the gate, Jan-di said one last thing quietly, "Without sunbae in my life, I think that the world would feel more lonely."

Ji-hoo did not have an answer to give back to her at that moment, so he just squeezed the calves of her legs in acknoledgement. His heart felt like it was burning right now, and there were so many things that he wanted to tell Jan-di; things that would have to wait. 

As the two walked through the gate to Ming's house, neither noticed the car down the street with it's occupants keeping an eye on them. Jun-pyo had seen the two of them together, and while he did not know what was said the kiss Jan-di had given to Ji-hoo had hurt Jun-pyo deeper then he thought it would. 

A short while after the Jan-di and Ji-hyo had disappeared inside the house, Jun-pyo was still outside watching. As he gazed at the house he wondered out loud, "Will you make your move now Ji-hoo?" 

The last of the lights in the house were going out, and Jun-pyo let his driver, Mr.Jung, start to head back to Jun-pyo's own home. The feelings that Jun-pyo were having at that moment were conflicting. Jun-pyo was the one who had given up Jan-di so that he could take on the business, so he shouldn't try to interfere with Ji-hoo and Jan-di's feelings. That did not mean that Jun-pyo didn't still care for Jan-di though, and while he did not want to go against Ji-hoo he also did not want to give up his feelings for Jan-di so easily. 

 

* A/N: I know that it is a little short, but I wanted to end the scene on this. I hope that you will enjoy the update, and let me know what you think.