PUPPY LOVE

ReveLulls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hello! Part two of Puppy Love and final, unless you vote it up enough to make it a whole fanfic… up to you guys hehe

 

Enjoy

 

___________________________

 

 

“Well, well, well, look who finally decided to show up.” the woman reclining back on the pink G-Wagon with crossed arms raises her eyebrow and smirks at Juhyun who has just arrived. “Thanks for standing me up for breakfast, you are the best friend ever.” she doesn’t sound mad, just amused at Irene who almost trips while getting out the car with her bag shoulder sliding off and two books, busying her hands, she seems to have forgotten could’ve gone into the bag.

 

“What are you doing, Tiff, we’re gonna be late, let’s go!” the raven hastily accommodates her bag back on and passes one of the books so she’s holding both with one arm and her friend, senior year’s sweetheart Tiffany Young, with the other, trying to drag the taller but with no success. 

 

“Take a breather, Miss Fast and Furious.” the shorthaired woman pulls herself to support her back on the the automobile once more, “I accept your apology by the way.” and releases her wrist from Juhyun's hold. 

 

With a sigh, the raven turns around, “I’m really sorry, okay? Let’s go.”

 

“Is that so?” Tiffany’s smirk grows and her eyes trail Irene’s whole body,  "Because by the mess your hair is I don’t think traffic is what kept you from making it to breakfast.” she looks at her best friend knowingly.

 

“What?” Juhyun exclaims and rushes to one of the car’s windows to catch her reflection and find out that Tiffany is very right about the way she looks. With frantic hands she starts to accommodate the tangle, the books slipping and almost dropping to the ground if it weren’t for Tiffany who is quick to break their fall.

 

“Jesus, Rene” Tiffany refers to the raven’s nickname she had given her years ago, Irene, something about Tiffany wanting an english name for Juhyun but the latter’s just convinced her best friend wanted to show off her United States roots back then to impress their classmates. It had worked, and Juhyun’s nickname had stuck, now barely a handful of people knew her by Juhyun. In her eyes, Irene is more of a public name which she needed since she’s always been a focus point at every school she’s ever gone to for her, very obvious and hard to ignore, beauty. 

 

The short haired puts the books inside Irene’s bag where they belong with a scoff and a laugh, “At least walk the walk of shame with a little more grace.” 

 

“You are delusional.” Irene adds some finishing touches to her lip gloss, her image up and high as always as if the Irene from 3 minutes ago had never happened. She twists to meet Tiffany’s teasing grin.

 

“Am I really? Then what’s your excuse for that stupidsmile and disorientation?” she pokes Irene’s cheek which is already red, along with her whole face.

 

“Let’s go to class.” is all the raven says before she begins walking towards the building’s direction. 

 

Tiffany stands there with a challenging smile, if effort is what’s gonna take for her to crack open Irene then effort she will give, “I’d love that. Of course, it ended about 4 minutes ago.” she calmly informs her best friend when she catches up, Irene stopping in place. “You’d know that if you weren’t so immersed in whatever has you acting like you’re high.” Tiffany locks her arm with Irene and begins guiding her inside the facility but not towards the classrooms. “Or should I dare say… someone.”

 

They reach the lonely cafeteria, everyone who has class this early in the morning would very much rather go back to sleep after than hangout, which is perfect for the two more popular girls around here. They get their privacy. 

 

Tiffany sits Irene in a chair and takes the seat across from her, elbows up on the table and close to the raven so she could hear very well the explanation she’s determined to get out of her best friend. “Now, tell me, Bae Juhyun. Who is powerful enough to keep the top business student apart from her beloved classes? WHO is worthy enough of a reason to break the perfect attendance in Miss Bae’s senior year this early on?” she overdramatizes every word.

 

“Should I tell you, or should I slap you?” Irene narrows her eyes at Tiffany.

 

“Please, oh, please tell me.” the latter continues to act, her palms put together and begging. “I’m your best friend, I’m kind of entitled to know these kinds of things.”

 

“You’re insufferable, that’s what you are.” 

 

“I am, but you love me, so you WILL tell me.” Tiffany rather demands.

 

Some seconds go by of just staring to see who could win this battle but after a while of Tiffany fluttering her lashes and doing some aegyo that absolutely disgusts Irene, the raven gives up.

 

“Fine!” Irene covers her eyes, their sisterly bond makes them unable to stand each other whenever they do cute stuff like this. “But you can’t make fun of me, Tiffany Young or I swear to god I’ll go and show Taeyeon unnie your middle school pictures.”

 

“I will kill you.” the last thing she wants is for her crush to see her embarrassing pre-teenage self. 

 

“Then shut it.” Irene holds her index finger warningly, “Agreed?” 

 

“Yeah, yeah, okay. Just tell me!” Tiffany grabs Irene’s hand and shakes it. “Who is it?”

 

Irene inhales deeply, “Kang Seulgi.” 

 

Tiffany is taken aback for a second, with a subtle shake of her head to rid herself of the possibilities that she might be hearing things, she asks, “Would you please repeat that?"

 

“Kang Seulgi.” Irene does as told, a puzzled look on her face at Tiffany’s outmost surprise, it’s not like she wasn’t expecting it, it’s just that it seems too over the top for some reason.

 

“You have got to be kidding me!” Tiffany stands up and hits the table with her palms, the sound turning a couple of heads inside the cafeteria for a few seconds before everyone goes about their business again. “Kang Seulgi?”

 

Irene jumps at the clashing sound but settles down with a look of utter confusion, “Yes. Wait. Why did you learn her name so fast? Do you know her?”

 

“Do I know her?! Irene, she’s my cousin!” Tiffany screams, Irene’s eyes widen the double of her size.

 

“She’s your what?” 

 

“Yeah! Oh my GOD YOu..” the yell starts loud and clear but lessens to a whisper as she sits back and throws half her body on the table to invade Irene’s personal space, “...u’re in love with my cousin!” 

 

Irene scoots back until the chair’s rest doesn’t let her anymore, her brain trying to catch up with the whole thing, “How is that possible? You don’t have the same surname.” 

 

“Uh, earth to Bae Juhyun.” Tiffany gently knocks on the side of the raven’s head, “You forget I have aunts too, silly, Seulgi has her father’s surname.” 

 

True, Irene had met Tiffany’s aunts before during family meetings back in high school, just briefly before the shorthaired dragged her to her room and they’d lock themselves in there to watch movies and skip the whole interacting with your family and their questions. She had never seen Seulgi in any of these, though. 

 

“She’s the cousin I’m always talking about.” Tiffany states as if it is the most obvious thing in the world. Irene has definitely heard about the girl from her best friend, she knows they’re close from all the stories the shorthaired tells her. 

 

“How was I supposed to know? You never mentioned her name!” Irene defends herself.

 

“Well I never thought you’d meet her, let alone fall for her!” 

 

“So you were just never going to introduce me to your beautiful and hot cousin?” Irene raises her voice now, not denying any of Tiffany’s statements and letting the compliments fall off her tongue as if nothing.

 

“First of all, wow,” Tiffany returns to her chair and motions her palm in a simple circle to address Irene’s sentence with incredulousness , “Second, how in the hell did you want me to come to that conclusion, you ert, she’s my cousin. And third I thought you liked older women.” she crosses her arms and raises an eyebrow.

 

Irene chokes a little, “She’s younger than us?”

 

“Yes, ma’am, she just turned 21.” Tiffany confirms to her same age friend, who also just had her 23rd birthday about a week ago.  

 

“She didn’t look two years younger than me…” Irene trails off, going over every detail of Seulgi’s face she had memorized in her mind.

 

“You probably saw her with make up on, and her height can really throw you off, she’s not too tall but her legs are long.” Tiffany does her best to explain the tricks Seulgi naturally has, “Without makeup she looks like Bee.” she mutters almost to herself, not expecting at all Irene’s answer.

 

“She gave me more like a bear cub vibe, not so much a shiba inu.” Irene adds to the thought, holding her chin for a second, an involuntary smile with just the mental image of Seulgi.

 

Tiffany is quite shocked, again, “You know Bee?” 

 

“He was kind of the whole reason I met her and got her number.” she clarifies but freezes on her spot. “Oh god, the text!” she hurriedly fishes her phone out of her bag and inputs her password, Tiffany watching in silence trying to figure out just what the hell is going on. 

 

To: she may have not or totally may have stole my heart

 

Hey, Seulgi, it’s Juhyun. 

Sorry for forgetting to text you…

 

Nope, erase that.

 

Hey Seul, Juhyun here. 

Just texting ya so you save me on your phone…

 

Erase, erase, erase.

 

Seulgi! This is my number! Hope you haven’t forgotten about me because I’ve literally had you on my head all day, I even forgot to text you! Because of you! Isn’t that funny? I’m Juhyun btw

 

Please, oh god, erase. 

 

Hi, Seulgi, It’s Juhyun. 

 

 

“Rene, before you break your fingers, why don’t we start from the beginning?” Tiffany says as she sees Irene put down her phone on the table with a sigh. 

 

Irene takes a deep breath and pushes the send button before facing Tiffany. “Okay, so…”

 

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

 

From: unkown number

 

Hi, Seulgi, It’s Juhyun 

 

The notification vibrates on Seulgi’s hand as she enters the small restaurant, the door’s cute bells attached to it announcing her entrance. A smile starts eating away her face when she reads the text, her feet walking on their own to the usual spot Seungwan and her sit at, the blonde already there and eyeing her with curiosity. 

 

To: my heart goes WHOOOOOSSSHHHHH

 

Hi

Thanks! Successfully saved your number now :)

 

She sends the message, finally sits and looks at Seungwan. 

 

“Thank you for acknowledging me after standing there for two minutes looking at your phone like an idiot.” the blonde amusedly smiles at Seulgi who looks nothing but unbothered by her comment. 

 

“Seungwan, I’m in love.” the brunette nonchalantly comments making Seungwan choke on pure air.

 

“Y-you what?!” Seungwan looks at Seulgi in disbelief, the latter said it so seriously it’s starting to worry the blonde. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter