Chapter 2

Falling for you

After Quanzhe read the last message Linong sent, he quickly dialed up Chengcheng’s number, trying to call the other to tell him about Justin’s whereabouts. While he was waiting for the other to pick up, Quanzhe had hopped off to his closet to grab a hoodie and jeans to change into. He put his phone on speaker and placed it on the table beside him. He’s gotta meet Chengcheng at the arcade since the other wouldn’t know who’s Linong and Justin. Plus it’s a weekend, so there’s bound to be a lot of people at the arcade. The boy managed to put on his jeans when Chengcheng finally picked up the call.

 

“Hey Zhezhe, did you find out?”

 

Quanzhe picked up the phone, switching it back to normal before answering. “Yea, Linong said he and Justin are both at the arcade now. He said to meet them there, so you get dressed and I’ll meet you there okay? You only know my face anyways.”

 

Chengcheng nodded before realising that the other can’t see him. “Aight, I’ll meet you there. See you Zhezhe, and thanks man.”

 

Quanzhe said bye bye before ending the call. He grabbed the hoodie and put it on, grabbed his wallet and stuffed it and his phone in pockets before going off to the arcade. There was only one arcade that the kids from their school usually goes to, so no worries there.

 

Chengcheng however, after the call ended, he is suddenly frozen in front of his closet. He’s going to meet a boy, a boy that he’s been calling cute for a week straight, a boy he did not take note of because how could he when he doesn’t remember he called him cute everyday. Now the problem was what in the world is he supposed to wear. Chengcheng just wants to have a good first impression when he meets this Justin boy. (Not that he remembers the amount of times the he blew his cover while staring at the other.)

 

Not wanting to waste more time and risk Linong and Justin leaving before he even leaves the house, he grabs a simple white shirt and a black ripped jeans, rushing to put them on before dashing off to the arcade. Chengcheng also remembered to stuff in his polaroid camera in his bag before leaving. He debated getting the driver to drive him there or just rush over there himself. But hey, the arcade was just nearby so might as well. Yelling out an “Im going out to the arcade” and a “Bye mama, baba, jiejie”, and he was out the door right after.

 

Chengcheng ran straight to the arcade the moment he stepped out of his house. But at the same he’s having trouble catching his breath, so fast walking it is then. Once he reached the arcade, he saw Quanzhe waiting outside. He waved at the other before jogging over to him.

 

“Hey Zhezhe!”

 

“Cheng!”

 

“Have you seen them yet?”

 

“I was waiting for you, I just messaged Linong that we’re here already.” Just as Quanzhe finished, his phone ringed to notify him that he had a new message. Opening it, he found out it was from Linong telling him that they were at the claw machine section.

 

“Hey Linong just messaged, they’re at the claw machines” Quanzhe typed out a reply before leading the way inside.

Chengcheng just followed right behind the boy, his heart beating really fast, it could either be due to him meeting this Justin boy or the fact that he ran earlier. But he was still somewhat nervous, what if he doesn’t find him cute today, what if it’s just a week thing. Hopefully that won’t be the case. Chengcheng was still lost in thought that he didn’t notice Quanzhe stopped because they reached. This made the taller bump into Quanzhe’s back. Luckily the two other boys were focused on the claw machine and didn’t notice what had happened, saving Chengcheng from what would be another weird encounter with Justin.

 

“Sorry about that”

 

“Nah it’s fine Cheng, but watch where you’re going next time”

 

“I’ll try to remember that. So where are they?”

 

Quanzhe pointed at the two boys playing the claw machine. “That’s them”

 

Chengcheng looked over to where the other pointed at. He could only see the backs of the two boys. “So which one is Justin?”

 

The other boy just giggled and answered. “Which one do you think is the cute one for you?”

 

“Right…I can’t really see from here.”

 

“Which is why we’re going there.” Quanzhe hopped off to where the two boys were at. “Linong!” he called out, tapping the taller boy’s shoulder.

 

Chengcheng took note of that, so the taller one is Linong, which means the other is Justin. He quickly followed after Quanzhe, standing right beside him.

 

Linong had turned the moment Quanzhe called his name, Justin turned as well after sensing his friend had company.

 

“Quanzhe, hey! So why did you want to meet Justin really badly?” the boy chuckled.

 

Quanzhe smiled at both the boys, adding a small wave hello to Justin, which was also returned by the boy. “It’s actually Chengcheng who wanted to meet Justin.” He held Chengcheng’s shoulder, to show that he was referring to his friend. “Justin, this is Chengcheng. Cheng, this is Justin.” The boy smiled proudly after he introduced the two boys.

 

Chengcheng just stood there ever since Justin had turned around. He had paid no attention to anything else that was happening since then. Chengcheng was still very much not on earth, that he had blurted out without thinking, “You’re cute”, to the boy in front of him. Justin on the other hand was just in the middle of mentioning that Chengcheng looked familiar, when the other had blurted that out. The other two boys beside them were pretty much still trying to process what had taken place right in front of their eyes.

Justin was a little flustered at the sudden compliment, took him a few seconds before he could reply, though it was still a bit, weird to be honest. He knows himself that he looks cute, heck he looks good, but still. “Okay thanks? I guess??” Justin tried to plaster a smile on his face, glancing at Linong, trying to send the other a signal, asking “what’s going on” with his eyes. Linong however just smiled at his friend and shrugged his shoulders.

 

Once Chengcheng had realized what he did, he was indeed feeling a little embarrassed, way to go for a first impression Cheng , he thought to himself. However, he still needed one more thing, and it might mess up his image for Justin. As if what he did earlier wasn’t weird enough, he decided he had to go through with it.

 

“Can I take a picture of you?” Chengcheng smiled sheepishly right after. Internally, he was panicking, you’re doing great indeed Fan Chengcheng, the boy is gonna think you’re some weird stalker or something .

 

Justin could sense the other boy’s turmoil, he chuckled a little. Guess he knew now why this boy, Chengcheng, had been looking at him the whole week. He wasn’t sure if the other had been staring at him, but now he had his answer. As well as the answer to why, seeing how the boy called him cute earlier. Another one had fallen for Huang Minghao’s charms, but who wouldn’t, really. And so, Justin decided, why not.

 

“Uh?? Sure??”

 

Chengcheng smiled at that, ignoring the tone the boy used, as long as he got a picture of the boy for future references. Opening his bag, he took out his polaroid camera and waved it for the other boy to see.

 

“Should we take a group photo?” Quanzhe spoke up. Chengcheng furrowed his brows a little, staring at his friend. He among the rest should know why he needs a solo picture of the boy in the first place. “It’s just so it won’t be too weird Cheng, you can get a solo picture after this or later when you get to know each other more. Remember he doesn’t know.” Quanzhe whispered to his friend, knowing well what was going on his mind.

 

While the two were whispering, the other two were also talking among themselves.

 

“It looks like Chengcheng wants a solo picture of you instead of a group picture.”

 

“Who wouldn’t to be honest, like, look at me. A total catch”

 

Linong rolled his eyes at that. “So are you gonna let him? Or?”

 

“Why not, I mean since Quanzhe’s our classmate, his friend wouldn’t be dangerous right? Besides, the guy has been crushing on me the whole week. Didn’t you notice?”

 

“What do you mean, oh, wait, is he the one-”

 

“Yeah, I’m pretty sure he’s the same guy from the bookstore, the basketball court, at the cafeteria, and you weren’t with me but at the end of dance club too now that I thought of it again.”

 

“Okay now I’m sure the guy likes you or something.”

 

“What can I say, I’m Huang Minghao.” the boy replied with a playful smirk on his lips.

 

“Alright group photo guys! And while we’re here, let’s hangout and play together? What do you say? Or are we intruding?” Quanzhe announced after talking with Chengcheng. He looked at the three boys waiting for their answer.

 

“Nah, you’re not. And yea sure why not! The more the merrier right?” Linong smiled.

 

“Yea, join us! We don’t mind.”

 

Chengcheng smiled and nodded after hearing the others. “That’s settled then. Group photo time to commemorate the start!” He held out the polaroid camera, facing him while the other three gathered around behind him. Chengcheng tried to angle it in a way that all of them would be in the photo.

 

After the picture, the boys headed to the counter to get token. And off they go playing different games in the arcade, if teams were needed it was split 2 vs 2 with their own close friends.

 


 

Chengcheng pasted the photos they had taken earlier that day in his notebook and wrote down his day, the games they played, and things he found out about the two new boys. He also had gotten a new book. He pasted Justin’s solo picture on the first page of the new book and wrote down under it. “This is the cute guy you mentioned in the daily notes. This is Huang Minghao aka Justin.” He also wrote more about Justin in the next pages. This notebook was just for Justin.

 

Chengcheng smiled remembering how he managed to get Justin’s picture. Surprisingly, Justin was the one who grabbed his camera and took a selfie of himself. After the polaroid came out, Justin had smacked it right at Chengcheng’s chest and told him you’re welcome with a wink. Chengcheng was thankful indeed because now he has a face to match with the name on his notes. Starting tomorrow, he decided, he’s going to go up everyday to Justin, that is if he still finds the guy cute after reading his notes. He hoped he would.

 


a/n: 

welp, sorry it took so long and unfortunately its not over yet. I decided to do a short update instead since it's been so long. i still have finals until december so hopefully after that i can finally finish this.

REMIND ME TO NEVER DO CHAPTERED FICS AGAIN.

i havent checked again or edited. i just needed to put this out. tell me if i missed something.

Thank you for reading and i also saw people subscribed to this. THANK YOU TO YOU TOO AND SORRY AGAIN IT TOOK SO LONG. ILY. Hopefully this update is okay for now.

Also comments and upvotes are appreciated uwu.
Tell me what you think!!!