Revenge

Cherry Lips
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The air-conditioned cafe was a welcomed space after walking in the humid Bangkok weather. Scanning the place, a pair of big dark eyes landed on a familiar figure sitting at one corner. The young woman walked to where the table was and she was greeted by a smile that didn’t quite reach the other person’s eyes. She sat down on the other side and appraised the glum expression on her friend’s face. It didn’t help that her friend loved putting on dark makeup—as if still in her teenaged rebellious phase.

“Sorn... are you okay?” She asked as her friend stopped sipping her cup of coffee.

“How’s Seoul?”

The way Sorn changed the topic didn’t escape her notice. Sighing, Lisa softened her expression and asked in the sincerest way possible, “Tell me your problem and maybe I can help.”

Her friend’s big eyes fluttered for a moment before she ran a hand messily through her jet-black hair. Sorn always had the propensity for being bold and feisty—so to see her looking troubled made Lisa feel uneasy.

“My boyfriend is cheating on me.”

It took Lisa a few seconds to register what her friend had said.

“Ram?” The name tasted bitter in as she imagined all the horrible things she could do to the bastard. She had never met him but Sorn had talked about him a few times in their LINE messages. Feeling stupid for thinking he was nice, her fists automatically clenched on her lap. “I thought you two are doing well.”

Sorn frowned deeply before placing her palms on the table. “We’ve been together for 2 years, Lalice… and I just found out he was seeing another girl… for a year.”

“How did you find out?”

“The girl messaged me the other day and she told me everything and that she broke it off. I just can’t believe—” Her words were cut short when she bowed her head—tears springing to her mascaraed eyes. “I haven’t talked to him yet and I really want to know why he did that… but I can’t bring myself to see his face.”

A pause.

“He makes me sick.”

There were options and Lisa considered one for a moment. Looking at her friend’s desperate eyes, she squared her shoulders and reached out a hand—knuckles visibly red. Sorn noticed and clasped Lisa’s hand.

In an incredulous voice, she asked, “You still train?”

“Of course.” Lisa rolled her eyes. “I’ve got nothing else to do aside from studying. And I don’t just train by myself… I teach kids in a gym there.”

“How long has it been? Seven years?”

“Eight.”

“Wow. I can’t believe you didn’t tell me you continued training. I gave up when you moved to Korea!” Sorn chuckled and it was the first positive expression Lisa had seen on her since she came in.

“For someone who looks so skinny, I’m sure you can kick anyone’s like a boss.”

Lisa shrugged—not minding how her body didn’t hinder her from doing a sport she liked.

“So you want my help?”

Her friend pursed her red-tinted lips for a moment before smirking and nodding once.

And Lisa could only laugh.

 

“ID.” The bouncer’s gruff voice ordered and the two perfectly dressed young women showed their identification with a smile. With one stern glance, the bouncer let them in and Sorn dragged Lisa towards the fully-packed club after paying and getting the invisible stamps on their wrists.

The blaring lights and loud bass overwhelmed her for a moment and she found herself standing by the bar as Sorn gave her a shot of vodka.

“Already?” She asked in surprise and Sorn laughed before downing the shot.

“We need it.”

Lisa drank hers and couldn’t control the frown on her face—the liquid heat down to her thankfully full stomach.

According to Sorn, the ex would be at the club to celebrate his buddy’s birthday. They both dressed up exquisitely—her friend was more excited dressing Lisa up more than anything. It was a good thing she had brought a pair of black high-heeled ankle boots from Seoul and Sorn just lent her a black crop top paired with a white bodycon skirt. Even if she was taller and thinner than her friend, the clothes still felt too tight.

“Is the wig itchy?” Sorn asked amidst the loud music and Lisa consciously patted the top of the blonde wig. She had never worn a wig in her entire life but Sorn had a collection of them and practically forced her to try one. Besides, if they meet the douchebag, no one in his circle would be able to recognize her… not with that attention-grabbing hair and bold makeup.

The two had been getting looks from the other clubgoers. The beautiful doll-like features contrasted with such fierce getup made them the target of curious glances and leery looks.

“Ugh. Lots of guys here.” Sorn rolled her eyes as she ordered a glass of cocktail. In perfect English, she said, “If only we have a table…”

As if on cue, a beautiful Asian woman spoke in fluent English beside them.

“You girls can join our table upstairs.”

Messy silver hair and heavy makeup accentuated sharp features. The stranger looked so fierce and seemed to have a devil may care attitude with that fashion-forward outfit—black halter top and studded jacket with hot red pants and platform shoes. Instantly, Lisa knew the woman was Korean. She had been living in that country for too long to recognize someone from there.

“There are only four of us and we’ve got a big table.” She continued in a bored tone before getting her glass from the bartender and beckoning them to follow her.

The two friends looked at each other momentarily before Sorn shrugged and followed the woman. Lisa only hoped the stranger was just being nice or else not only one person would go home injured tonight.

Once upstairs, they were led towards the corner of one side of the club. Elites were mingling around the spacious area and Lisa could feel the vodka shot begin to spread in her system.

“My friends are harmless…” The woman said right before they stopped by a large booth where three men were seated. One was busy with his phone, another was bobbing his head with the music, and the last was just staring blankly into space while drinking a glass of wine.

“And they are boring as .”

“Who’s boring?” The one with the phone looked up with a grin. His gummy smile looked boyish yet his face and style were something one could not easily forget. Striking in its ambiguity… Lisa was reminded of those androgynous-looking people—a guy who could be described as both handsome and pretty. Wearing a loose white T-shirt, his various tattoos were visible.

“They rather spend our last night in Bangkok drinking in their hotel room instead of here.” The woman rolled her winged eyes as she let them sit beside her. Lisa could see the three men looking at them curiously but it was quite dark to focus on their faces.

It was her friend who introduced herself first. “I’m Sorn.”

“Chaerin.” The woman’s lips stretched into a smile.

“And this is Lalice.” Sorn did the introduction for her and she was glad she didn’t have to speak in front of strangers.

“Nice name.” Chaerin smiled at her and gestured to her friends dismissively. “You girls don’t need to know these old dudes. We’ll have fun by ourselves… Just sit and drink here with me.”

Sorn and Lisa chuckled when the one bobbing his head spoke in accented English, “We’re not old!”

His wide grin looked friendly and Lisa couldn’t help but think of a puppy when she surveyed his small eyes and soft wavy hair.

Not a moment passed before Chaerin started

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter