We meet again

Seulgi's Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thanks everyone for reading chapter 1. This isn’t a guarantee but depending on reader response I could end with two separate endings one for Seulgi/Joohyun and one for Seulgi/Irene Maybe. Here’s chapter 2.


 

It was a rare day for Kang Seulgi were she wasn’t overly busy with work. She was able to take her lunch outside for once in a very long time, and after on her way back to her office she passed by a bookstore. From the outside it looks quite cozy and inviting. It’s been a long time since Seulgi has been able to spend time in a bookstore. The monolid woman walks inside to see people at one side of the bookstore at the cafe portion and ordering drinks and pastries of different types. The aroma of tea strong in the air but not unpleasant. The comfortable armchairs look like they are just screaming at the customer to sit inside.

 

“Hi, and welcome.” Someone greets her. “Would you like any assistance?”

 

Seulgi realizes then that she’s sort of just standing around probably looking out of place. She smiles some.

 

“Um, do you have any comics or graphic novels?”

 

“Yes, I believe we do. I just started working here, but let me go check for you at the computer.”

 

Seulgi follows the worker to the computer where she can look up if they have graphic novels. Seulgi looks around at the bookstore and it strikes her as the kind of place that one can come to hideaway for a few hours. She hopes they have graphic novels here.

 

“Yes, we have a small graphic novel section right upstairs. It’s not hard to find.”

 

“Thank you,” Seulgi nods and smiles in gratitude. The CEO sees the staircase that leads to the upstairs part of the bookstore. There are a few bean bag chairs around, carpets, and more bookshelves. Downstairs is indeed bigger than up here but at the same time it’s still just as inviting. She is on her way to find the graphic novel section when someone is coming out of a storage closet door with a few stacks of paper towel. It’s blocking her way because the poor woman doesn’t look very tall. Seulgi nearly collides with the woman and catches her with the paper towels in time.

 

“Hey, are you…” Seulgi pauses when she realizes it’s the same woman from the other day. Joohyun looks flustered when she realizes it’s the pretty woman who she bumped into the other time.


“Oh, I’m sorry!” Joohyun jumps some and moves away from the well dressed woman.

 

“It’s fine, Ms. Bae, right?”

 

Seulgi doesn’t know why she remembers this woman’s name. Seulgi is a very busy woman with many faces she sees on a regular basis. However, she remembers bumping into this woman and her name.

 

“Yes.” Joohyun nods with a small smile. “You’re Seulgi?”

 

“Yeah,” Seulgi smiles and runs her fingers through her dark locks. “That would be me. I was on break from work and saw this bookstore. I was just looking for the graphic novel section.”
 

This is definitely something that Joohyun can help with. She puts the paper towels down and tells Seulgi to follow her to where the graphic novel section is. It’s not a very large section maybe a few bookshelves or so. Joohyun is actually hopeful to expand it more to fit various customers tastes.

 

“Here you are.” The brunette says when she leads Seulgi over.

 

“Thank you.” Seulgi nods and starts to check out a few of the novels. Joohyun finds herself standing there and looking at the beautiful monolid woman for a few moments too long. She sort of wants to talk more but then she has to back downstairs. Seulgi seems preoccupied anyway with looking at the novels. The raven-haired woman takes a few from the shelves and by the time she notices that the brunette is gone she realizes that she needs to get back to work herself. The CEO goes down to pay for her books and leaves without seeing Joohyun again. The bookstore owner asks later if anyone had seen the well dressed woman walk out.

 

“Did anyone see the woman dressed in the grey suit?”

 

“The hot one?” One of Joohyun’s workers say in response. Joohyun ignores that comment about the “hot” one.

 

“Well, did anyone see her?”

 

“She checked out with her books, Boss. Whoever she is, she looked very important.”

 

“Yeah.” Joohyun nods in agreement. That is the second time she’s run into Seulgi and it’s the second time she looked well dressed. Joohyun wonders who she is really.


 

Today was also a very rare day for Red Velvet in the sense that they didn’t have any schedules. Irene spent most of her morning in bed for real to finally catch up on sleep as much as she could. By the time the leader had woken up Sooyoung and Yerim were long gone but left her a note saying they were on a date.

 

“We left you food, leader-nim.” Sooyoung’s handwriting says on a red colored sticky note.

 

“It’s in the refrigerator.” Yerim tells her on a pink one.

 

“They did?” Irene whispers in surprise. When she opens the refrigerator there is indeed food alright. But it’s food she has to cook herself and there’s another note.

 

“All you have to do is cook it!”

 

“Oh my god, these kids.” Irene sighs. It’s a very good thing she knows how to cook. The brunette moves about to start cooking herself a very late breakfast since she’s been asleep for so long. It’s been nice to have the day off as it’s been a long time. Irene is still hopeful to be able to see her parents soon. But with the looks of upcoming schedules it doesn’t seem like it’ll be possible, at least not for a while.

 

“Okay, Rene. You have a day off. What are you going to do with it?”

 

Yerim and Sooyoung have decided to go out on some sort of date, whatever that might actually mean. It’s not as if the public doesn’t know that the two younger women are in a relationship. Their company of course were worried about them announcing it because of their groups popularity. However, it was met with huge positive response and Irene can still remember how they announced it happily.

 

“See, Joyri rules!” Sooyoung mentioned their shipname combining her stage name Joy and Yerim’s stage name Yeri. The whole Joyri thing took off too, and Irene was not only happy for them she was proud that they hadn’t been afraid to announce their relationship to the public. Now, for Irene she gets shipped with tons of other idols and some of them are simply her friends. She was also shipped with so many male idols that she finally just took it upon herself to come out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter