Falling Apart

Young Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"My name is Kwon Jiyong. What is yours?" 

 

My name. He is asking me my name. , why has the room become so hot all of a sudden? And why is my mouth so dry. 

 

"Seungri. Lee Seungri." I finally manage to stutter out. What the hell was wrong with me?

I glance over at Bae. Silent praying that he will cure me of what ever illness has sudden stricken me. Bae gives me one of his gentle smiles and chuckles slightly.

 

"Please forgive us." He says, directing his words to my new roommate. "We have had a long day and Seungri here is a little wiped out." He states and puts a reassuring arm over my shoulders. I immediately relax under the friendly and familiar gesture. 

I turn back to my new roommate and offer my hand.

 

"Yes, please forgive me for being so late with my arrival. I was helping my friend here move into his new room and lost track of the time." I glance quickly around the room and noticed a bed set off to the side that was vacant.

Jiyong followed my gaze and move his arm in the direction of the bed. 

 

"I hope you don't mind that location. I chose the bed closest to the front door since my classes start early and I didn't want to disturb my new roomie too much. Also, I will be staying out late most nights and figured it would be the easiest arrangement."

 

I nodded my head in understanding and gave him a geniune smile in thanks before I proceeded to take my belongs over to my new corner. 

Youngbae hyung stayed with me throughout my unpacking. He was laying down on my bed watching me as I moved around the room and began placed out all my important items. He would give me the occasional pieces of advice. Like where would be the best location for my lamp to sit so that it could provide me the best lighting during my late night study sessions.

 

During the time it took me to unpack, I had forgotten that Bae and I had another person in the room with us. 

 

Jiyong had sat quietly on his side of the room, observing our interactions for a little while. However, he quickly got bored and began to read from one of his textbooks. He looked emersed in his reading when I approached him and cleared my throat softly. Youngbae standing beside me and offering his hand out to Jiyong.

 

"Hey, thanks for having me over. It was very nice to meet you. I will be leaving now, but I am sure we will be seeing more of each other in the future. Take good care of my friend, Ri." He clapped my shoulder lightly. "He is special." Youngbae stated and gave me a quick wink before walking to the door to leave.

My cheeks immediattely turned a deep shade of red and I wanted to grab Youngbae by the back of his shirt and throttle him for that comment. But luckily, Jiyong saved me from the embarassment and simply laughed off his comment.

 

"Yeah, nice to meet you too. See ya around." Was all that was offered by my new roommate before he went back to what he was doing before I interrupted. 

 

-


I was finally beginning to settle into my new life at Miro University. It has been a couple weeks since our classes had started and I was more determined than ever to succeed in all of my courses. Youngbae and I would spend nearly ever night together at each others dorms studying until all hours of the night. 

True to his word, my roommate was often absent from our dorm. He had a different major than me and because of this his class schedule was nearly the opposite of mine. He would leave the dorm in the early morning hours and would not return until after I had already turned in for the night. 

This arrangement suited me well because ever since I first met Jiyong, there was an unfamiliar feeling that invaded my thoughts whenever he was around. I was very aware that he was attractive, but I have met many attractive people before in my life. I mean, my best friend was one of the best looking guys on campus. However, there was something different in the way my body reacted to Jiyong's presence. It was like there was a pull coming from deep inside my chest that yearned to get to know the older better. Frankly, whatever this feeling was, it scared the crap out of me. 

I had never really had crushes before and because of that, I never dated. I didn't know the first thing about what it meant to be attracted to someone so deeply, so all in all, it was much easier for me to just ignore the feeling - rather than to confront it head on. Not to mention I had much more important things to concentrate on... like surviving the next four years of college! Therefore, time was allowed to pass by with little to no interactions between me and Jiyong - with the exception of the occasional greeting and polite conversation.

 

 

During our finals week, I was practically living at Youngbae's dorm. Seunghyun and Daesung were both business majors like Youngbae and I, so the four of us became close study partners. I must admit that it was nice expanding my friendships and getting to know these two better.

Daesung was the son of a successful med-market business owner whose company specialized in beauty products. He was studying hard to some day take over the family business from his father and make him proud. I admired his determination - something we both shared. However, unlike me, Daesung made friends easily and was the epitome of angelic. Everything from his shiny locks of golden brown hair to his radiant smile just seemed to draw you in and made you want to become closer to the man. 

Seunghyun on the other hand gave off the impression of ultimate authority. For those that did not know him, his mere presence in the room would make all eyes turn to him and cower under his stare. Luckily though, his true personality was something much kinder. In fact, Seunghyun appeared to make it his life's ambition to make those closest to him feel joy and laughter - even if it was at his own expense. Seunghyun would often times tell our group horrible dad jokes to try and lighten the mood when he knew we had all become too overwhelmed by our studies. 

Yup, I was really fortunate to get to call this group, my friends.

 

-

 

"Hey Ri" I hear Daesung shout my name from behind. "How did your finals go?    I just finished my last one. Can you believe the first semester is already over? Seems like just yesterday we were arriving." Daesung continues to smile brightly as he approached me. 

 

"Oh yes! Just finished my last one as well. I am actually about to meet up with Youngbae to grab a bite to eat in celebration. It is kind of our tradition. Want to join us?"

 

"If you don't think he would mine, then I would love to. Do you think it would be okay to call Seunghyun and have him meet us as well?"

 

"Of course" I chuckle at his excitement. "The more the merrier."

 


Walking into the restaurant I am able to spot my best friend right away. However, I become slightly perplex as I approach him and realize the recent change to his appearance.

"A mohawk? Really, Bae?" I jokely reach my hand out to play with his hair.

 

"Yah!" he grabs my hand and pulls me down to sit in the chair nearest to him. With our hands still connected, Daesung approaches the table and smiles down at the exchange.

 

"You really can't blame him for wanting to run his hand through those flowing locks. I am tempted to do the same thing." He explains as he takes the seat opposite of me and attempts to ruffle Bae's hair from the other side. 

At that, Bae practically jumps in my lap to get away from from Daesung's grasps and we all let out a light round of laughter. 

 

Without hearing his approach, I am slightly startled by the sound of someone clearing his throat right next to my ear and look up to find Seunghyun has finally joined us.

 

"Can I join you three? I see there are four seats here, but only two seem to be occupied. Are you planning on sitting on Seungri's lap throughout the whole luncheon, Bae? If so, can I offer your seat to my friend here to join us?" Seunghyun steps aside slightly to reveal he has brought a friend with him. My heart skips a beat when I notice that the new comer is none other than my roommate, Jiyong. 

 

"Jiyong." I greet him with a slight blush; only now realizing how ackward the exchange between Bae and I must seem to those outside of our group. I gentle motion for Bae to take his seat and ask him to pull over another chair from the empty table beside us.

 

"Oh." Seunghyun exchanges a glance between Jiyong and I. "I didn't know you knew Seungri, Jiyongie." 

 

"We are roommates, hyung. I am sure I mentioned him to you before." He rolls his eyes in response to Seunghyun's statement. Seunghyun stills a little at the revelation. Not enough to be noticed by the others, but since I had my full attention on the two men standing to my right I was able to see the slight change in his stance before Seunghyun recovered.

 

Jiyong had spoken to Seunghyun about me before? 

I think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter