New Beginnings

Young Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was the day I had been waiting for for so long! I was finally going to get the results of my entrance exam and know if I will be studying at the prestigious Mori University for the next four years of my college career.

I couldn't remember a time in my life where I had not dreamed of this moment. Everything I had done, all the hard work, they all lead me to this day. 

I quickly began my morning routine. I needed to be ready slightly earlier than my usual time since Youngbae had agreed to give me a ride to school today. Our exam scores will be posted at the start of first period and we were both very anxious to discover the results.

It was 8:05AM when I was finally finished getting ready and was exiting my home. I immediately saw that Youngbae's car parked outside waiting and ready to go. We exchanged quick greetings before we set out to discover what our futures had in store for us.


Just like me, Youngbae hyung had been studying hard since early childhood to get high scores on his entrance exams. He had set his sights on Mori University as well and from very early on we become very close friends. We would oftentimes study together and offer each other words of encouragement and support.

Youngbae was the closest thing I had to a brother. As an only child, I did not have much interaction with other children my age - outside of the confines of our school. However, Youngbae hyung was naturally warm and kind and quickly establishment an important place in my life and heart. I was so excited that he had applied to the same University as me. The idea of having to spend the next four years of our lives separated... I shuttered at the thought. 

"Seungri, you haven't said much this morning. Are you nervous about the exam results?" Youngbae turned his head slightly to the side waiting for my reply.

"Of course I am nervous, hyung. This is such an important day for both of us. What if I don't get in. What if I am forced to go to another University and we are separated? I just don't now what I would do without you.." I can't even finish that sentence because of a large knot that has seized my throat.

"Listen to me, Seungri. You are the smartest person in our year. There is no way you did not score high. Also, if for some reason, we happened to go to separate Universities, don't you think for one second you will not see me often. You are my little brother, and you are closer to me than blood. We will find a way to continue to be each others support." 

I look at him with wide eyes at his statement. How did I get so lucky to meet him? 

I gave him the biggest smile I could manage and I watch as his whole body begins to radiate with warmth and joy.

"There he is! There is my happy little panda pup!" He laughs as he ruffles the top of my head.


"Yah! Stop it, hyung! You are going to mess up my hair." I cry. But I cannot contain the giddiness that fills my body. 
Youngbae has done it again. He has wiped away all of my insecurities and concerns. 

Moments later we arrive at school and immediately we noticed the crowd surrounding the announcements board. Were they posted already? I couldn't allow for another minute to pass without knowing the results.


"Hurry, hyung!" I grabbed Youngbae's hand as soon as he closed his door and began to jog him towards the crowd.


It took us a few polite taps on some shoulders and we had to squeeze ourselves through a few tight openings in the crowd, but soon we were faced with the posted results. My eyes began to quickly scan for my name. Lee Seungri. Lee Seungri. I chanted, as if saying my name would make the words pop out of the pages and announce their presence. 


Finally, after what felt like a lifetime, I found my name. I gulped and move my eyes to where I knew the score would be housed.

My heart soars as my brain registered the results. I passed! I freaking did it! And not only did I pass, but I had one of the top scores in my region. This was incredible. I could not contain my bless. I wanted to share my excitement with someone and quickly turned to embrace Bae. However, before I could do it, I felt his arms wrap around me tightly and pull me into the biggest bear hug I have ever experienced!

"Bae!" I exclaim. "What are you doing?" I ask as a fit of laughter is ripped from my chest as Bae begins to swing me around. 


"We did it, Ri!! We really did it! Congratulations on your score by the way! Very impressive." He laughs as he slowly lowers me back to my feet.


"Thank you, hyung! I could have never done this without you! Hey! Now, that we know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter