Chapter 2 - Flashbacks and Facepalms

Blue Bunny - Jungkook x Reader (Hybrid) ()

*The Previous Night*

The clank of my heels echoed off of the floors as I made a steadfast stride to the exit of my office building. I could still feel the phantom that was left on my , and although I was surprisingly calm and collected from any onlookers viewpoint, I burned internally with unrivaled rage and fury.

Arriving at the exit at last, I gave the doors a rather vigorous shove, unable to control the strength of my actions as I fought myself internally on whether or not I should turn around and round-house kick Jang in his slimy, filthy face for daring to lay his despicable hands on my precocious .

I could take it up with Human Resources, but quite honestly, I could foresee that in doing so, I would most likely take the blame for the incident and end up losing my job. It's a man's world after all. Jang would get off with a slap on the wrist, and I would be forever branded the office for "allowing" the boss to fondle me.

There was no way in hell I was going to let him win.

No... Instead, I opted for the only way that I felt would relieve my stress and discomfort at such a situation.

Hailing a cab, I gave the driver the address of my favorite noraebang. I frequented it so often in fact that I had it completely memorized, and even if I didn't drink while I was there most of the time, I frequented the establishment at least three times a week. Gotta have a stress reliever, ya know?

Arriving to see the familiar face of the worker at the counter, Ma-ri. She gave me a greeting smile, bowing her head slightly as I paid for my room.

"Rough night, (Y/N)-ssi?" She asked in her small but friendly bell-like tone of voice.

I sighed, leaning against the counter as I pulled loose my ponytail, allowing my hair to spring free at last to prevent my tightly-bound hair from instigating the headache I felt creeping up on me.

"You have no idea." I replied with a tired smile. 

Nodding in understanding, Ma-ri told me the room number that I could use and I ordered three bottles of soju that she handed to me, turning down the shot glass as I did so. I wouldn't need it. I made my way to the room, shutting the door securely behind myself, and started scrolling through the list of songs available to sing before lining up a few of my favorites in queue. Then, opening my first bottle I took a generous gulp. The familiar burn of the alcohol caused a warm sensation in my stomach as I picked up the mic to sing the first verse of the start of my night.

*2 hours later*

"SARANG-HAET-JI-MAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!" I sang quite loud and surprisingly on key according to my own drunken ears. By this time, all three bottles were completely empty, and I was lost in the familiar rock ballads of the almighty and legendary Kim Kyung Ho when a knock came to my door, breaking me from my emotional belts.

The door opened, revealing the short and timid Ma-ri.

"Hey, (Y/N). Sorry to interrupt you when you are in the middle of a high note, but we are about to close, so my boss said I have to run you out... sorry." She explained with the most apologetic expression painted on her face.

I wordlessly nodded. Placing down the microphone, I stood up, wobbling in place for a bit before I retrieved my heels and exited the building in a drunken blur. 

In favor of hailing a taxi like any other person would do, I opted to go for a walk, noticing that every object in my field of vision multiplied two to four times depending on how fast I looked around. I wasn't even sure where I was going or how far I had walked before I heard the warning rumble of thunder, indicating an impending storm. I could feel the heavy ebb of electricity in the air, and the stuffy moisture growing in the atmosphere began to make my hair frizzy and unmanageable. However, I still continued wobbling around the city, my high heels now shoved in my purse and my stockings becoming increasingly dirty from the sidewalks below my feet.

Soon enough, just as expected, a flash of lightening lit up the sky followed by the deep rumbling of the thunder that accompanied it as the cooling yet slightly warm drops of summer rain descended down to the Earth below which quenched the thirsty ground. I was, in turn, effectively drenched in mere moments.

I took refuge in a nearby alleyway where there was a canopy outside of a restaurants side door,  most likely the smoking area of their workers I would imagine. It was far from pleasant, and the putrid smell of days worth of food waste wafted my way with the wind from the nearby dumpster, but it gave me time to think in my inebriated state of mind on my next course of action to save myself from the current unforgiving downpour. 

My train of thought was lost however when I heard the shouting of what sounded like several men. The echo of their footsteps drew closer and closer until I caught sight of a younger man running rather quickly. He was being chased by two other men who seemed less than pleased with him. I wasn't sure what he did to anger them, but he was much younger than them, and I HATED bullying just as much as I hated Jang, if not more even. I had been bullied all of my school years, and was not about to let this slide.

 As soon as the younger boy reached me, I grabbed a hold of him firmly, swinging him behind me in an instant. He struggled in my grasp, but I hushed him quickly, whispering, "I'm trying to help you." before the other men could catch up.

It was then that I noticed the floppy black bunny ears that were tucked safely into the hood of his jacket. . This dude was a hybrid.

I knew a bit about them, seeing as how our company also catered to hybrid specific supplies. You could not use the same kind of implants on hybrids that you do on humans, and as sad as it may be, many.... unconventional... hybrid owners had their "pets" undergo procedures to meet their beauty standards. I was sickened by it, really, seeing as how hybrids naturally had no desire to conform to humans standards, but were often forced to. They had no say. If their "master" signed off on it, that is all it took. Even those who agreed did it not because they had the desire to, but simply because they were that well trained to obey their master's wishes.

In this world, hybrids were in a type of limbo. Not human enough to have rights, and not animal enough to have the same type of laws protecting them that actual animals had. They were often put in the hands of unfit, uncaring owners who used them for ual gratification. Slaves, at best. It was truly horrifying. And whilst there were true, caring hybrid owners out there who fought, protested and petitioned for laws to be put in place to protect them, the government has not yet complied with much help at all. 

There were of course laws restricting them from many things, such as voting, owning property, and being outside without their owners. They were required to have certification on them at all times that stated the names, addresses and phone numbers of their owners. In the form of a collar. Like a dog. It was truly a sick industry where they were a commodity to humans.

There were shelters full of abandoned hybrids, and underground hybrid trafficking was a very real and big problem. I did all that I could by voting, signing petitions, whatever I could do to lend my name to help. To me, they were just as human as I was. Sure, they had certain instincts and features that were different, and depending on the species, had ears and tails, but those are just what make them who they are. I saw no reason to not treat them the same as humans. They have their own thoughts, feelings, opinions, and although sad in nature often times, they had their own stories to tell. 

And I was not about to let this one get hurt in any way as I held him securely behind me, a look of unsureness and alarm apparent in his large, brown eyes and twitching nose, his mouth slightly agape in shock at my actions that revealed his two front, bunny-like teeth.

I shot him a look of pleading in my still-drunken state, and gave a slight nod as I held his forearm. The men finally reached us, stopping just in front of me, looking with stares of confusion and irritation as I swayed slightly on my feet.

"Lady, give us the hybrid." Shot snarkily one of the two hooded men, "he would go for a damn high price, and unless you are his owner, he is coming with us."

The man took two steps closer, reaching to push me out of the way, but in a reflex, I reached in to my purse and whipped out one of my high heels, and smacked him as hard as I could in the face with it. He staggered sideways, blood now gushing from his nose as he yelled curse words at me.

"He IS my hybrid, -hole! DONT touch my precious bun-bun, or I am going to call the police! Why the hell else would he be hiding behind me? Stray hybrids don't trust strangers, especially humans, you -hole!" I exclaimed, reaching into my purse again to pull out my phone and showing them the lit up screen, my finger hovering over the emergency call button.

"I think that they would be glad to arrest a couple of black market hybrid dealers, don't you think? It would look GREAT on their monthly reports! SO! GET THE AWAY FROM HIM YOU SLIMY -WADS! HE IS MINE!!!" I reiterated with pure venom radiating from my tone of voice.

Seeming to be both angered and swayed by my threats, they gave me a couple of nasty looks before ultimately running away, the still bleeding one holding his seemingly broken nose in pain.

The hybrid behind me let out a breath that was holding for quite some time, obviously ready to run for it if my "persuasions" didn't turn out to work in his favor. Luckily for him, they did, and I turned around with a huge grin of victory as I wobbled in place. The mixture of rain and my drunkenness was starting to take it's toll on me, leaving me even more uncoordinated than before, and slightly drowsy as well. 

However, I was left with the nagging feeling that I couldn't just leave this defenseless hybrid out here in the rain to fend for himself. Seeing as how there were such dangerous people running about the city at this time of night, I thought of the only logical thing I could do at the moment.

"Hey, bunny boy," I questioned, turning around to face him as I drunkenly poked his cheek playfully with my finger, to which he gave me a quizzical and slightly annoyed look, "You got any place to go? An owner?"

He looked worriedly to the side before huffing, and finally speaking for the first time.

"No. And no. But I'm more than capable of fending for myself. I have for this long already, so just... walk away."

I was stunned by how deep and smooth his voice was, and I felt a blush creep up to my already alcohol-reddened face. Now that I looked closer at him, even in the darkness of the alleyway, he was drop-dead gorgeous. No wonder those men said that he would fetch a nice price. With his looks, I wouldn't doubt it. I also wouldn't doubt that he would be subjected to absolutely horrifying events not long thereafter, and I couldn't let that happen.

"Listen dude..." I sighed, leaning in slightly as I wobbled on my feet once more, but he reached out and steadied me instantly, placing a hand on my forearm. Which shocked me internally, but I was too drunk to give it any more thought at the time.

"I know a guy. Nice dude. Solid bro. He runs a shelter for hybrids. And not one of those sketchy dungeon-esque "I'm gonna sell you to a creeper" shelters. He does work for hybrid rights, and I am sure he can give you a place to stay, even if it's just for the night." I drabbled on, slurring my words here and there, but ultimately getting my point across in the process.

"It's really ok..." the bunny said lowly, looking away once more and scratching his head, but there was a look of interest I could see momentarily flash behind his eyes beforehand that made me firm in my next decisions.

I grabbed his hand in mine, and tugged him along, but he halted in his steps, sighing defiantly at my determination, to which I too sighed before turning to him to speak once more.

"Listen here, Thumper or whatever your name is-"

"Jungkook." The Hybrid said with a slightly offended tone.

"Ok, fine, Jungkook. I have had an absolute day filled with misogyny, getting screamed at, then unceremoniously fondled by my -for-brains -wad of a jackass boss, and after all of that, I am not about to let the guy I just helped get rounded up by some erted psychos that are bound and determined to sell your fluffy into ual slavery, so... Were...Going. NOW."

Jungkook gave a look that I couldn't quite decipher, but eventually relented in letting me drag him to whatever destination I had in mind. It was a relief that the rain had died down.

~

I stared into the familiar face of my very tall, very handsome, and very gay friend Seokjin as he repeated the words to me.

"(Y/N), you drunk , we don't have any more openings for at least three more months. I'm sorry, and I really feel for the hybrid, but I can't go against regulations and take him in for the night. I would let him stay with me, but Namjoon is a wolf hybrid, and since this guy is a rabbit hybrid, I'm worried that his instincts would be a complete and utter terror to him as a prey animal. I mean, you've seen Joonie, he is huge, even taller than me, and extremely territorial and possessive. I'm afraid it's just not possible."

I huffed a big breath of air, blowing my stray, frizzy hair out of my face as I, being the inebriate I currently was, slammed my hands down on the counter in a tiff. 

"What can I do then? I'm not about to let him roam around out there alone, it's unsafe!" I whined annoyingly, the rabbit hybrid behind me rolling his eyes dramatically at my embarrassing display.

"Well, I could look around for a shelter with an opening, but it's really late, (Y/n)... and I can't guarantee his safety if he went anywhere else."

"But Jiiiiiiiiinnnnn!!!!" I huffed again, wiggling in place as I whined to my friend. He has never seen me act this way, and by the equally shocked and amused look on his face, he is never going to let me live this down. I am typically a closed-in recluse of a person who acted as if they were the definition of professional at all times. He rarely saw me, in fact, due to my personality. So I was almost positive that my behavior threw him for a loop.

Suddenly, taking into account how BEYOND drunk I must have been despite my only tipsy-looking appearance, a knowing smirk appeared on Jin's face.

"Sit down for a second, while I have a word with our little friend here, (Y/N). Trust me, ok?"

And with that, I thoughtlessly obliged, flopping noisily down on the nearby waiting room sofa, leaning my head back with a groan.

~

"What is your name?" Jin asked the less than interested rabbit as he shuffled through several files and papers before locating the ones he was looking for and grabbing a pen, clicking it to life.

"Jungkook." the hybrid monotonously responded.

"You know, Jungkook..." the human man responded with a sly twinkle in his eye, "I have known that girl over there since we were toddlers basically. If I can tell you a few things about her, she is notoriously quiet. A recluse, really. She basically just works, goes home, rinse and repeat. I'm not sure what led her to go out and get so hammered tonight, but I know one thing, it can't be anything good."

The words from earlier rang through Jungkook's mind... "unceremoniously fondled by my -for-brains -wad of a jackass boss". That must have had something to do with it, seeing as how she was projecting it through her immediate fear and concern for his ual freedom...

"I know that I might be overstepping my boundaries by saying this, but... I have never  seen her take initiative to protect someone like this. Sure, she helps in less vocal and physically demanding ways, but to actually go out of her way to try to find protection for someone other than herself is unheard of. She is honestly a very nice person, and all for hybrid rights. She lives by herself, has very little... dare I say almost no friends, and works a lot. She would never hurt you or make you feel uncomfortable, ever. So, what I'm getting at is... If I can talk her drunk into it... Would you let her adopt you?"

Jungkook didn't know what to think. He was extremely apprehensive about the prospect, yet the vision replaying in his mind of her drunkenly cracking the guy that was chasing him across the face with her shoe and making him bleed made him strangely feel as if he could trust this woman that he barely knew. No normal everyday human would go through such lengths for a hybrid, and the fact that you were trying your best to find him safety spoke miles. Even if he didn't want to admit it aloud.

Also, he liked the idea of potentially living with a shut it. It meant that he could avoid people, which was next to impossible being a stray. Apart from her that is, but her working a lot meant that he would have his peace and quiet. A safe, warm bed. Unlimited food. Honestly, it sounded... too good to pass up.

"Sure." Was all that Jungkook said as he shrugged with a look of non-caring, although inside, he was secretly hoping that this Jin fellow could talk your drunken into it.

~

The alcohol had apparently finally hit the "you are way too ed, " stage, because as soon as Jin brought up the prospect of adoption, rather than mulling it over, turning it down, or questioning his sanity, I immediately responded with a way too enthusiastic and slurred:

"Oh mY gOd! wHy DiDn' IIIIII thInk 'f thAT!?"

With a look of pure victory plastered on his face, Jin wrote up the necessary paperwork at the speed of light.

With a look of pure victory plastered on his face, Jin wrote up the necessary paperwork at the speed of light     

(AN: SORRY BUT THIS WAS WAY TOO FUNNY NOT TO AND I LAUGHED SOOOO HARD MAKING THIS, YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!)

After getting everything in order, Jin was kind enough to drive the two of us home. Upon arriving, Jin had to guide me to bed after I lazily threw my purse and shoes across the room and tossed my jacket and now horribly and unfixably ruined stockings on the couch.

"You can just go sleep in there with her for now. She only has one bedroom, but I figure she will find somewhere for you to sleep better tomorrow. Don't worry, she is out cold, and so drunk that I highly doubt she will wake up before noon tomorrow, so if you wanna play it safe, you can get up before her. Or not, it's up to you. Goodnight!"

With that, Jin left the bunny alone with you in the apartment, chuckling to himself merrily.

"I'm a ing genius."