Big Reveal

Chapters of Life

AN: So I was inspired by Kwang Soo going out in public with his relationship. So he's another one-shot. JihyoxInsung

***

She’s fidgeting. Song Ji Hyo doesn’t fidget, especially in front of her Running Man castmates. But it’s not everyday, she introduces her boyfriend-slash-fiance to them.

Truth be told, she got inspired by Lee Kwang Soo going public with his relationship with Lee Sun Bin. And they were just dating for 5 months. So, her coming out with her relationship should be a long time coming.  It’s been 3 years anyway.

She was not a fan of going public, but she felt that it was time for them to at least tell their friends.

Her boyfriend was surprised with her decision, since he was always suggesting for them to introduce each other to their friends, but she was always not ready. He was not the type to push her out of her comfort zone, that’s why they lasted for 3 years without any of their friends knowing. Of course, their family knows, but she decided to keep things between them for the meanwhile.

First off in her list of friends was her Running Man family. It should be easy since she’s been working with them for years, but she can’t help but feel awkward. Jihyo’s boyfriend suggested for them to reserve an entire room in a restaurant for lunch. Song Ji hyo invited them for lunch on New Year so she knows they’ll all be available.

But honestly when she mentioned she’ll introduce her boyfriend, they all said they wouldn’t miss this lunch.

One by one, they arrived. Haha with Byul, Kwang Soo with Sun Bin, Suk Jin and Jae Suk with their wives, Se Chan and So Min.And she grew silent by the minute. She gives a few timid laughs here and then but she couldn’t hide how nervous she was.

Jong Kook was last to arrive. With his smiling eyes, he greeted the room and went around to greet each of them. When he finally settled on the seat beside Jihyo, they exchanged a smile. Then Jong Kook gave her a light squeeze on her shoulders to give encouragement.

“Honestly, you two, you didn’t have to treat us to lunch. You should’ve just come out about your relationship.” Haha commented as they saw the interaction between the two.

Jihyo gave Haha a confused look, then looked at Jong Kook.

“Ya, what are you saying?” Jihyo finally spoke after a long while.

Kwang Soo then followed with, “I mean, it’s obvious already.”

Jong Kook also looked around and noticed something. He then whispered something to Jihyo. Then she realized how the situation looked.

“Jong Kook oppa, Jihyo unnie, you two really are a perfect match” So Min cooed at the two. The rest of the cast expressed their approval of their relationship.

She can’t help but drink water at the comments flooding, then raised a hand to the waiter. “Please add another seat beside me.”

At that, the members finally quiet down. “So, it’s not Jong Kook hyung?” Kwang Soo asked.

“But, we were really sure.” Jae Suk said, looking skeptical at the two. Then, each of the cast agreed and started point out the times they thought of the two acting weirdly.

“Remember, how we all al looked at each other when Jong Kook would put his arms on her back everytime she looked exhausted on break time?” Suk Jin spoke.

“Or- everytime she would ask for his assistance to do the slightest things.”

“Or the times he would offer a ride home to her after we met up to drink.“

Jihyo opened to say something, but she was constantly cutoff by each of the members commenting.

“Oh for goodness sake, just let her speak up.” Byul finally said aloud, seeing that Jihyo couldn’t in.

Jihyo looked thankful at Byul, then cleared to explain.

“You all misunderstood.” Jihyo said, looking at Jong Kook apologetically. “Oppa- I think he’s just looking out for me. But since I was the only female member for the longest time, I think all of you looked at things in a different way.” She explained, Jong Kook nodded in agreement. “Oppa-he thinks of me as his little sister. I’m sure he does the same with So Min.”

Then as if she was thinking, So Min slowly nodded her head in agreement.

At that time, the waiter arrived with the chair. Suddenly, someone poked their head behind the waiter to look inside.

Jo In Sung sighed a breath of relief as he looked inside. Gasps can be heard and shock were written on each of their faces as he entered the room. Getting over his surprise quickly, Jae Suk stood up and greeted In Sung. He greeted Jae Suk politely before looking at the person he was here for. “Ya Kwang Soo! You weren’t answering your phone.” He said as he greeted the others with a nod.

Then the people in the room realized he was looking for Kwang Soo.

“Your manager gave something for me to give you, pabooo.” In Sung said cooly, handing him over a small box. Then he turned to the others to ask, “so, this looks like a Running Man meeting?” In Sung joked as he go around to greet everyone present in the room.

“Ah-ani, really. Just having lunch. Jihyo invited us.” Jong Kook spoke in behalf of Jihyo leaving out details, seeing how she grew more nervous when In Sung entered unexpectedly. Jihyo smiled at In Sung then looked at the waiter as he finally left after placing a chair beside her.

Sensing the situation, In Sung nodded. “Ah-yes.” He said to Jong Kook. When the door closed, In Sung finally stopped in front of Jihyo, kissed her cheek, and took a sit beside her. He looked at her nervous hand on the table and took it to intertwine their hands. He gave her a reassuring smile, before looking at the rest of the people in the room.

Their mouths dropped at what they were seeing.

“Is this a hidden camera?” Haha looked around exaggerately, expecting something.

Kwang Soo was also shocked at what he just witnessed. In Sung hyung, Jihyo noona, together?

“We’re dating.” Jihyo said straightforwardly.

“No, babe. We’re getting married.” In Sung corrected her. “She’s still not used to it. I just proposed recently.” In Sung told them honestly.

Everyone grew silent as they process what they said, waiting for someone to speak.

“So, was he the one who you spent that Christmas eve with?” So Min asked out of the blue, and everyone looked at her.

Song Ji Hyo’s laugh broke the silence, remembering her story. But In Sung looked at her in confusion. She whispered something to In Sung to explain.

“So, was it him?” So Min asked again, with everyone anticipating her answer.

Jihyo blushed and just nodded her head. So Min giggled and squeeled at that.

“So-“ Haha spoke, “I know everyone wanted to know, what happened that night?”

 “YA!” Jihyo exclaimed, but In Sung just smirked at Haha and crossed his arms. At that, Jihyo smacked his head.

“HYUNG- I think I don’t want to know.” Kwang Soo reacted.

“Well you two are getting married anyway, so nothing to be ashamed of.” Byul said, and everyone can’t help but laugh at that. Especially Jihyo.

She was really elated at the moment. Relieved. In Sung looked lovingly at Jihyo, smiling as if he knows what she was thinking. He smiled, she had nothing to be nervous about. Her smiles and laugh came easy after that.

All the Running Man members saw this, and they exchanged looks at how Jihyo seemed to be around In Sung. There’s no argue that she’s happiest that day.