The Wedding

Chapters of Life

They swore to never be seen in public together since they started dating.

But today can be an exemption.

PD Hwan Jin is getting married, and they were both invited.

It’s been almost two years since they started their relationship in secret. Aside from their families, her RM family knows. Of course, they were really shocked when they first knew, but they were happy for the both of them. And that was when he realized, they really treated her as a little sister.

He remembered how they ‘grilled’ him the night they told them, her RM family took turns in ‘threatening’ him. He knew they meant well. Il woo was just glad that they were people around her who would protect her that way. He’s grateful. Il woo needed those kinds of people around her, especially when he couldn’t go and openly protect her himself.

Not like now.

Just this moment, he can sit beside her. Although he wishes, her RM family could be a little less obvious with their seating arrangements, but he was grateful.

Il woo was glad to be sitting with her in this beautiful wedding. However, when he realized that they were in the way where Hong Jin Young and Kim Jong Kook will be performing, he can’t help but panic.

And he had every right to panic.

As soon as the performances came, numerous phones surrounded them. He knew, at least one phone would get the both of them.

That was when he felt her move. Jihyo must’ve realized this too.

He sneaked a glance at her. But then a text came through his phone.

‘Just act normal. 😉

Normal. He can do normal. But he could only wish.

Il woo can’t seem to focus on one thing as Kim Jong Kook sings, his eyes kept darting from one place to another. Then, with a glimpse, he saw how intent she was just listening, so he tried that. When he started to listen, he can’t help but let himself be carried away by the song.

Then, his mind was filled with memories with the girl sitting besides him.

“Noona, this might sound cliché, but can I stop calling you ‘noona’?” He suddenly held her hand as if his life was on the line. “Please look at me as a man.”

He remembered how she looked at him, how she found it so random. He did not blame her though, because he was great in hiding his feelings. But apparently, a few drinks can loosen his tongue.

He met her officially during his guesting in Running Man, but he met her for the first time at an after-party for some movie. He just debuted with a minor role, while she was already starring in Goong. Yoon Eun Hye was the star of the drama, but to male celebrities his age, she was the one most talked about.

It was an open secret that everyone wanted to meet her and get a chance to get her number, but rumors were going around that Joo Ji Hoon was dating her. And who could compete with Joo Ji Hoon at that time?

Fast forward to the day he first met her. He was flustered when she smiled at him, he couldn’t get words out of his mouth, but he tried to remedy that when he acted all cutesy for her in one of the games. Then, he mustered up the courage to have a chat with her during breaks, occupying her time for the whole while. By the end of their taping, he was truly infatuated. She was very pretty, yes, but her personality? Just wow.

Their only interaction thereafter were very limited, and it was all his Running Man guestings. But his guestings made him very close to the Running Man family. And that led him to his confession one night.

Jong Kook invited him for some drinks, and she was there too. Recognizing the chance, he offered to drive her home.

He was not drunk. He just had a few drinks, but maybe it gave him the courage he needed.

“So, this is me. Thank you.” She said, when they arrived at her place. “You should join us more often.” Jihyo added, before finally opening the door in the passenger seat.

He smiled, “I’d love to.”

Then she smiled back and turned around to walk to her building. He really fell for that smile. Before he knew it, he opened his door and chased for her. Il woo grabbed her and held her back to face him.

“Noona, this might sound cliché, but can I stop calling you ‘noona’?” He suddenly held her hand as if his life was on the line. “Please look at me as a man.”

It was random. But that was all he needed.

He s his arms around and pulled her towards him. Jung Il woo kissed her for the first time, and he was glad it was not the last time.

The claps from the audience brought him back to the present. Jihyo looked at him, a quick squeeze on the hand, then he faced her, slowly closing the distance between them, not so close to make anyone suspicious. Then Il woo whispered, “I love you.”

As he whispered, he searched his suit pocket and tried to feel for the box. He’ll gonna have to muster the courage just like the night he confessed. But this time, he’s proposing to her.