Butter

behind those bright lights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

29 years old Kai, -still the hottest guy in the world- once again stood in front of a large crowd with a bright smile and almost teary of what it feels like. To have his first solo concert. He felt proud of himself, the cheering of the fans made his heart grew flowers inside him. Thousands of them came to see him perform tonight, but in that sea of people was one person who felt most proud of him, whose love for him was greater than all the fans' combined. Kang Seulgi.

After bit of an after party for the success of the event, Kai immediately went out to meet up with her. He wanted to tell her how happy he is so he rushed to her apartment and was about to ring the doorbell when he realized the door was unlocked and is left slightly open. He began to get worried when he heard sobs from the inside. But rather than going inside , he stopped on his track and froze in place. He can't seem to face her, he doesn't want to see her like that cause he will just curse at himself thinking it is all his fault. After getting caught dating, Seulgi got alot of hate, ALOT OF IT. The possesive fans of his hated the idea of him dating and was cursing and hating on Seulgi ever since. To the point of Seulgi having brought to the emergency room for being physically attacked by Jongin's fans (her biggest Antis). But even of all the things that have had happened, Seulgi never showed Kai how much she's suffering. She would always put up the prettiest eyesmile even if it looked sad and that scares him, how she never cried in front of him, never showing how hurt she is. It breaks him that its his fault, his fault for making her shed tears like this. He grabbed the door knob and pulled it, he went inside of her apartment and saw the girl sitting on the floor with her head burried on her hands. He knelt, taking her small figure in his arms.

"I'm sorry" is all he could say

After minutes, it was silent.
Kai tried to pull away from hugging her but she tugged his shirt and wrapped her arms around him pulling him closer so they were hugging again.

"Don't let go, I feel safe in your embrace. Only in your embrace. Please" she was begging him.

The floor was cold but their hearts made them feel warm.
They didn't say anything for either of them cannot find words.
A long moment had passed, Jongin was amused at how his girlfriend could cling to him that much. Only then he realized that the girl sobbing a while ago was already sound asleep in his arms. He chuckled, how can she sleep in this kind of situation? He thought.
He picked her up and carry her to the bedroom. He tucked her in so she can sleep peacefully. He sat at the side of the bed, with his face observing hers.
His fingers then run through her forehead fixing her bangs. There are visible scars hidden behind those hairs. Scars which was caused by him, indirectly.

They have been secretly dating for years but after getting caught and dating news spread all over, Seulgi got attacked by the angry fans one night when she sneaked out alone for a midnight errand (a.k.a buying snacks). According to Seulgi's report to the police, they pulled her hair and pushed her to ground and she hit her head on some shattered pieces of glass. But she never talked about it seriously with Kai. She would always change topic or would say shes fine its nothing serious. She must've been too worried thinking Jongin would feel bad about himself. She always worry about him that she didn't even noticed how much weight she lost worrying.

"I'm Sorry" again was the only words said by him

The next day, almost afternoon, Seulgi woke up by the bright ray of sunlight. She found herself alone in her big room. At her side table, theres a note/letter f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter