Chapter 4

Rocky

                                                                                       Hani's Point Of View 

 

 I would have been lying through the skin of my teeth if I had said that I wasn't a nervous wreck that entire bus ride. I knew that I had to take a plane ride and another bus ride to get to the boot camp though. The first bus ride was the easiest to coop with, I guess. Not many people were signing up for this, so there were quite a few vacant spots, but still, a group of young males decided to seat themselves in the area nearest to me. There appeared to be at least seven of them, which instantly brought back thoughts of my seven special friends back home. I missed them already, but I knew that the only thing they felt for me was anguish. At least Jimin said goodbye to me, but I wish I would have been able to say my farewells to all of them. 

                                                                                          Jimin's Point Of View

 

As soon as Hani left my side, I instantly felt a hole in my beating organ, I felt as if a part of me had left with her. What made me livid is how no one else decided to make amends with her before she left. She always needed us and we swore that we would all be there for her, but the minute she needed us to trust her to make her own choice, everyone flipped out. I mean, it's a dangerous career choice, I wasn't too excited about it either, but the least they could do was show her that no matter what, we were still her best friends that would always be there for her, even if we didn't completely agree with the choice that was made.

 Once I made my way to our shared house, the first thing I was faced with was Jin, Taehyung, and Hoseok about to open the heavy, white painted, door that I had just opened. "Where are you guys going?" I interrogated, trying my best not to show my extreme irritation, I was doing a stupendous job so far, but I already felt it deep down that my saltiness would sink through, eventually. "We were going to go see Hani before she leaves. You wanna come?" Hoseok asked cluelessly, his tone of pure innocence told me that he was completely unaware of the departure of our dearest friend being off already. Tae looked pretty excited, Jungkook and the hyungs, on the other hand, heeded no mind or even intentions of getting up to go see her, which was the main cause of my internal conflict. "Sorry, guys, but, Hani already left, she left a couple minutes ago. I called you guys as soon as I found her at the beach, but no one picked up." I said in a softer tone, that was only meant for the ones that actually gave a , which surprisingly was only three out of the six friends I had. 

"She didn't take our feelings into consideration, so why should we do the same for her?" Yoongi hissed out, venom dripped from every word that slipped off his tongue, making my patience drop lower, but my desire to punch them all, rise. 

"You guys are real s." I barked, suddenly, but the only one that flinched were the ones who it wasn't even directed to, which was Jin, Hoseok, and Tae. "I get that you're pissed, I was too, it's a deadly job. I get that. But she has no one else besides us. She supports us with everything and yet the moment that she decides to do something to BETTER HERSELF, you guys lose your and completely cut her out your life. That's not fair towards her, she was so excited when she saw me because she thought that YOU GUYS were with me. You guys abandon her for doing something that she wants to do." I hissed through my teeth, lecturing them for their selfishness, but the only one that seemed to understand where I was coming from, was Namjoon. Namjoon's hard expression, that had showed not a care in the world, had softened, his thin brows furrowed as anguish filled his conscious from my words. My words may have cut through Namjoon, but they weren't finding their way into Jungkook and Yoongi, both kept the flat expressions that made me want to punch them because of their lack of response. They both could be heartless at times, but about Hani....? They both had soft spots for her, she had been our friend since day one, she was the only one that we could trust to be there. She was the one that listened to our problems if we needed to vent, she comforted us and if we didn't let her, she would bother us until we accepted her love and affection, she even pretended to be our girlfriend whenever girls approached us that we didn't exactly feel attraction to. If I was approached by a female, knowing that I wasn't ready for a relationship, with the single panicked glance, Heeyeon would be the one to drop everything and rush by my side, grab my hand and begin to coo at me in a lovely tone. "Ready to go, ChimChim?" She would ask with a cheesy, toothy grin on her face, grasping my arm lightly and dragging me away from the female before she could even open up . She was THAT friend. THAT friend that could read you with a single glint of an eye, who you didn't have to talk to because they understood you even without any words leaving your mouth, the one that even if you told her that you wanted to be a stripper, she'd say that she'd be the one to show up every night and throw all the money she had, the motherly type, but also the laid-back one. If you were to really be serious about stripping though, she'd ask why, if it was something you wanted to do, not just for money, she'd let you, if it wasn't a choice; she'd support you so that you wouldn't have to. Why those two weren't the same way with her...? Well, that was beyond me. 

    "I'm not going to support her on a job that is going to get her killed!" Yoongi snapped, shooting up from his seat, showing that he was furious: He seemed to think that he was always the alpha wolf over me, expecting me to cower down to him, but I was too rabid at the moment, so he didn't scare me one bit. "You don't know if she's going to get killed! She is much stronger than you perceive her to be! You see her as helpless and nothing but a little girl who can't defend herself, when she isn't!" That's what this all was about, we all underestimate her, to us, she couldn't get through boot camp, she couldn't crawl under a roof of barbed wire in under a minute, she was too weak for that. We saw her as weak, that's what caused this uproar. 

     "Come on, Jimin. We all know that Hani wouldn't last one moment in the battlefield-" Jungkook sudden began, but I wasn't going to let him keep me quiet. "No. You don't think she will last. I understand it's terrifying, you don't think I'm worried that the day I spent with her today is gonna have been my last? You don't think I'm horrified that soon, Hani's parents are going to announce the date to her funeral? Of course, I am. We all are, but we don't make it obvious to her because we know that she is just as scared, but we have to support her and show her that we believe that everything will be okay, that she will have a reason to come home! But because of what YOU said, she feels that she lost us! Like she has no one left! Like she has no reason to return! And that is your fault! I found her on the beach, heartbroken because she feels that we hate her! The decision she made was that she could do something to improve herself! So she wouldn't feel like such a failure! All she wanted to do was be something that she could be proud of. And you guys won't support her on that because of your lack of faith in her. God forbid, but if anything were to happen to Heeyeon, I hope those words that you told her, stick with you and haunt you because I know damn well that they haunt her." I spat before storming to my bedroom, slamming the door before any of them could say a word. They may think that I was too harsh on him, but that's exactly how he was towards Heeyeon last night, I gave him a taste of the bitter medicine that he forced to her. I couldn't lie that I did feel bad for that last line that I said, but only one part me did, the other said he deserved it. 

                                                                                          Jungkook's POV

     My eyes stretched in shock, my anger was instantly replaced with anguish from that simple line of words. They always said 'sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.' I felt that entire quote crumble to ashes with what I had just heard. Jimin's words hurt me more than anything, I would rather have broken every bone in my body than feel the tightened, agonizing pain that my chest was feeling at that second. "Jungkook?" Yoongi whispered, his tone was soft and comforting, I guess he had finally come to a cruel realization of what Park Jimin spoke about, just as I did. "I'm gonna head to bed," I said quietly before trudging upstairs and locking myself in my room, allowing myself to be consumed into the pitch black abyss that was so dark that I could barely distinguish the shape of my bed, let alone the hues. As soon as I flop onto the plush, king sized bed, the horrid thoughts flood my mind that I knew wouldn't let me rest. 

   "God forbid, but if something were to happen to Heeyeon, I hope those words that you told her, stick with you and haunt you, because I know damn well that they haunt herThose last words replayed in my head as if a million little devils were continuously snickering them into my ears no matter how much I wanted them to stop. But, those weren't the only things that reiterated in my own personal hell. My own words stabbed in my head mercilessly, accompanied by the shocked, shattered expression that covered my best friend's face. 

    "The minute you're laying in a coffin with the stupid flag by your side, don't expect me to mourn for you, because you brought it upon yourself."