Chapter 1

Sunset meets Cherry Blossom

 

 

The concert ended well, among concerts that Taehyung attended this one for sure is the best concert. It was never a question why this artists of Bighit are all successful, they are all talented and charismatic. They were handled really well by the CEO Jin. He was sitting in the corner of the backstage, his mind is still floating and he was staring the only picture of Jungkook that it was taken in their last performance. He was wearing white shirt and waving his hands to the crowd with his bunny smile plastered on his face. He then noticed Jimin walking busily in the hallway. He was holding a blue folder in his tiny hands and sweats were visible in his forehead. It looks like his job is not that easy as he thought, he hesitated to call him but thank goodness Jimin noticed him and he walk towards where Taehyung sat.

 

“So… how was your first job here?” He showed me with his eye smile while placing his hands in his own waist.

 

“Well I think I did a good job but not great.” I replied honestly and Jimin arched his eyebrow. It’s true though because after the performance of Jungkook, I couldn’t take pictures well. I was too awestruck with his voice.

 

“Hey, I was the one recommended you. You should do your job well.” He commented but I just sighed and rubbed my neck because it’s true and I’m embarrass for not doing my job right.

 

“Sorry Jimin. There is unexpected moment appears.”

 

“And what is that?” Well I wouldn’t say what it is. This best friend of mine has a blabbermouth, I’ll stay this secret for a while. They are best friends since middle school and ten years passed their friendship is getting stronger. Jimin is bubbly and friendly but the one he admires about him is his hard work.

 

“Nature’s calling. Where’s the bathroom?” I changed the topic immediately before he will nag me about it. I stand up and give him a light pat on his left shoulder.

 

“You ungrateful brat.” He snorts. “I don’t know what are you talking about but please do your job well. Just go to the left side corner.” Despite how annoyed he was, he still answer my question.

 

“Thanks Jimin.” I said and gave him my sincere smile and he returns it with light hug.

 

“You’re welcome. We’re best friends, right? I know you are having a hard time right now but please remember I’m always here.” He said. I was really touched by how this guy is so supportive and caring for me. I’m glad I met this best friend of mine.

 

“Of course. Thank you.” We released the hug and we started to part our ways.

 

Taehyung followed where Jimin instructed him. Fortunately he found what he was looking for but when he went out to the comfort room. He was shocked that all the people in the hallway rushing and kept shouting toward each other. It seems they were searching for someone.

 

“Where did he go?”

 

“Gosh that kid, find him!”

 

“He was not listening to the CEO.”

 

“We are gonna get killed by CEO Jin.”

 

Those shouts in the hallway seems chaotic and people started to panic where they didn’t found what they are looking for. He walked slowly to make sure he was not colliding with someone else and went opposite to them. Whatever the problem they were facing, he was tired to give a care. It was late already and ready to go home since he submit his photos to the director a while ago. He was scolded a little bit because Jungkook pictures is lacking. The director was nice that he gave him another chance. He was happy because he still got a job and he will see Jungkook singing again the day after tomorrow. He still can’t forget his voice, the cherry hair and the sparkly eyes.

 

He was going out to the arena sleepy and tired and to his surprised someone bumps him accidentally in front of the exit door and both of them stumbles in the ground because of the strong force. He quickly glances his camera and he sighed in relief when he examine that it was not broken. He looked the person he stumbles who busily collecting his stuff to the ground, his black bag pack, sunglass and earphones.

 

“Hey! You nearly broke my camera. Watch you are goi-“ He didn’t even finish his sentence when a familiar face were inches apart from him. He felt breathless as he saw this man singing on stage a while ago with those sparkly eyes. He was supposed to scold him but he was speechless because he was even more beautiful up-close. As if the puzzle has been solved, he was the reason why there’s many people in the hallway panicking. They are trying to find this boy who was in disguised and seems trying to escape. He saw the person quickly wears his sunglass and he is wearing black face mask with black cap. He also notice the man’s hair color which is black, maybe he wears wig or it just spray and he wears a staff ID with a different name imprinted on it which is Kwon Junghyun. The staff ID maybe was stolen or borrowed. What is he doing? He stand up and offers me a hand to stand which I accept it.

 

“I’m so sorry. A- are you hurt?” He stammers. Wow, I didn’t even know he has this tiny adorable voice when he is talking. He has this deep voice when he speak but it’s soft and gentle at the same time. I just wish a while ago that it was an honor to meet him backstage and I can hear my heart beat goes wild. It was hard to speak especially he was looking at me with those doe eyes.

 

“I’m… I’m okay. What are doing here Sir Jung- “

 

Suddenly loud footsteps can be heard in the lobby, the people I met in the hallway appears and they were walking towards to where we are. He was shock when the man in front of him suddenly clings his left arms to my right shoulder. This position seems like they are best of friends. He couldn’t reject it, he knew this is a camouflage for not finding this young man. I felt his heavy breathing and fast heartbeat because of nervousness.

 

“Jungkook-si?” I whispered and he kept silent. I saw him bit his pink lips when one of the staff stop in front of us while the others went outside. He was in disguise but did the staff recognize him?

 

“Excuse me. Sorry to disturb you. Are you…” Oops, he recognized him. I don’t know why Jungkook trying to ran away but this maybe the best and this is for his safety especially he is a superstar.

 

“Both of you worked here? I guess it’s the first time I see you two.” I sighed in relief especially the person who’s beside me. I thought he recognize Jungkook already.

 

“We are the new staffs, working for this concert.” She stares at my ID. “I’m Taehyung, the new event photographer and this is my best friend Junghyun in charge for the stage set-up.” I explained, I glanced to Jungkook and he was looking at me, he was surprised that I lied to the staff in front of us even though I know who he was. When I look at the staff again, she was staring at Jungkook. His mask and sunglass is suspicious especially at this time of the day. It’s nearly midnight.

 

“Be careful, he has sore eyes.” I lied with the dumbest idea and I can’t help but to cringe at myself.

 

“Oh! Sore eyes, huh? It’s really the time of year again. Get well soon Junghyun.” Jungkook nodded. She believed my lies, well I remember I was watching few weeks ago that many people are having sore eyes in Seoul especially this month. “I’m Yerin, the fashion stylist.” She introduced herself and both of us shake hands.

 

“Did you see…uhm?” She’s hesitating to ask because if she said Jungkook was missing and the media would go crazy and the internet might turn into chaos. Thousands of fans would go wild. As I said to her a while ago that we are both new staffs so it is hard to believe if we don’t spread of what is going on. I saw her sighed and shake her head.

 

“Never mind.” She continued. She bid her goodbye and went back to where they came from. I look at Jungkook and he was fidgeting. We went outside the arena and we were only the one in this area. I was waiting for him to talk.

 

“I think you know who I am. I’m really thankful of what you did there for me.” Jungkook thanked me and bowed.

 

“You’re welcome Jungkook-si. I don’t know what are you trying to do but I think it is better to go back because of what you are doing right now is dangerous.” I stated it frankly and I saw him nod in agreement.

 

“I know it’s dangerous but I have to do this.” He said with his eyes looking on the ground while his feet lightly kicking the small stone that lays on the ground. I don’t know what he is doing but he seems so eager. Why is no one helping him this point? Does he have friends to rely on?

 

“Taehyung-si?” He calls my name and finally he look at me. I didn’t answer but I was waiting of what he is going to says.

 

“Gosh I know this is so sudden but please help me to go back to Busan.” He pleaded. That was too sudden that I feel my mind shut down in seconds. How this boy is so gullible or he may be spoiled like all celebrities are? I was wishing to meet him and praised his voice was so beautiful but I don’t want to get involved again with celebrities. I promised myself not to get involved again. They are just bringing headache towards ordinary people. Getting on whatever they likes is the trait that he despises so much. He was the same with some spoiled celebrities he knew.

 

“No. Just go back.” I answered it flatly and I saw him droop his eyes. He was going to speak again and I turn away from him and walks towards the parking lot, not caring for his feelings. This is the best for both of them anyway. They are completely in different worlds.

 

Taehyung went to the parking lot not caring about Jungkook who was left out. He had nothing to do with celebrities, they just bring trouble to normal people like him just want to work peacefully. Most celebrities he knew want everything for them. He saw his car immediately on the dark side corner of the parking lot. It’s not grandeur and branded, it just a second hand greyish car but he can travel with this. He was going to open the door of his car but he heard footsteps of one person coming behind him.

 

“Taehyung-si.”

 

He sighed. That delicate tiny voice give him a headache. I thought he heard him clear a while ago that he replied NO. He still not going to give up no matter how he rejects him.

 

“Sir Jungkook, I thought I said it clearly a while ago. The answer is a big NO.” He was irritated when he say those words.

 

Taehyung faced Jungkook and he never expects what would happen next. His sunglasses is nowhere to be seen in his eyes but he can see it very clearly that his sparkly eyes became watery and tears starting to flow down to his cheeks, his headache turns to heartache because of what he sees. He has really expressive eyes and it tells how sad he was. It’s like he was splash with a cold water. He was crying and it pangs his heart.

 

“Then… can you at least tell me why are you trying to go back to Busan? I need to hear your reasons.” I’ve said it slowly and very gently and he started to calm down. He bit his lower lip and ruffles his hair.

 

“I’m really sorry Taehyung-si.” He says while he tries to wipe his tears using his hands. It was like seeing a kid crying.

 

“I’m desperate because I need to see my mom in Busan. I called home before the concert and I’ve learned she was involved in an accident. I can’t calm down, I need to see her immediately. Jin hyung didn’t answer my calls and my manager says we can visit her after we finish the concert here but I have to wait two days. I can’t wait that long. I’m so worried that’s why I escape leaving a note for them that I was going to Busan today.” He explained and he was crying again. “I need to see mom. I need the answer. I’m so worried. Please help me at least drop me at the train station. Please Taehyung-si.”

 

I feel bad for him, this was one of the cons of being an artist. Busy schedule and no time to meet your family. I feel bad thinking that he was just spoiled celebrity. He has reasons and I applauded him when he escaped. When I was in his shoes, I would escape also. My parents and my siblings are precious to me and I’m going to make them happy and healthy. I pity him and he needed support. What his manager doing?

 

“I’m sorry to hear that.” I said it sincerely and he was looking again at the ground. “Jungkook-si look at me. You shouldn’t rely on a stranger, I could be a bad guy you know.” I said and he looked at me and he shake his head, not agreeing to what I said.

 

“You are not a bad guy.” He replied with a slight smile on his. I’m so confused of how he was sure of that.

 

“Not to be arrogant but I wouldn’t be this successful if I didn’t have the good eye for people. I entered Bighit because I saw Namjoon hyung. I knew I can follow him in the music industry. And you, Taehyung-si… by looking at your eyes I know I could rely it on you.” He said it straightforward while he was looking at me. I rubbed my nape because of his statement, it was the first time that someone says to him. Damn, I can’t help it I’m blushing. I open the car door immediately and went inside to the driver sit. I closed the door leaving Jungkook outside and I saw him pout. I started the car engine and open the door to the passenger sit. He was there standing and looking at the door.

 

 

“You know you’re lucky that I’m not really that bad.” I said and saw him nodded and smile. “Get in, you have a train to catch.” I invited him and he was smiling but teary eyed when he sat in the passenger sit.

 

 

“Thank you so much Taehyung-si.”