Christmas Eve: Mommy will be home

Return of Superman: Seung Ri (Melody)

 

The day of before Christmas Eve at Nam’s Residence, While other people in the city doing last minute shopping for gifts, rushing in different supermarkets to buy some ingredients for the dishes they want to prepare this Christmas eve and several children playing outside with the snow.Eric decided that him and Melody will stay home since the weather outside is freezing and aside from that he also need to prepare for Christmas eve, As Wendy was out of the country this past 3days but Eric little bit worried about the weather he’s afraid that the airlines will suddenly cancel flights and the possibility of Wendy cant be home before Christmas, but Wendy told Eric that she will be home this Christmas as she dont want to miss Christmas with her family especially this would be 3rd Christmas with her dearest Melody.   

 

Its already 9am in the morning, Eric was busy baking ginger breads for christmas eve something that the kids would love as expected that his neices and nephews on Wendy’s side will visit this Christmas as Wendy’s family where at South Korea all the way from Canada.Although Eric’s family called that they cannot visit them this christmas because of certain emergency business transaction they have at Atlanta, U.S.A he’s kinda bit sad but he understood theyll just have video chat this eve.

 

“Daddy?” Melody called her father from the living room.

 

“Yes sweetie?” Eric shouted all the way from the kitchen while putting some ginger bread to the oven.

 

“Daddy! Its mommy!” Melody said enough for her father to hear her.

 

“Wait, Mwo?” Eric cant be mistaken on what he heard Wendy is already at home? He thought she will be home this afternoon, he excitedly went to the living room.

 

“Melody? Mommy is ther—-“ Eric stopped as he realized what Melody meant, he looked at where Melody is looking, shes looking at the television where a replay of Red Velvet singing there famous christmas song “Wish tree”, Eric let a small chuckle.

 

“Its mommy singing daddy” Seung Ri smiled at her father while she’s playing her barbie dolls.

 

“Oh I thought she’s here already” Eric said with a weak smile.

 

“Daddy dont worry Iam sure mommy will be home she pwomise” Seung Ri immediately stand up and hugged her father, Eric was shocked on what his daughter told him, Seung Ri was indeed a smart girl.

 

“Of course she will Melody, haha its funny daddy will supposed to be the one wholl cheer you up in this kind of situation” Eric laughed and carried Melody on his arms.

 

“Alright munchkin, you want to help daddy put some wrapped gifts under the christmas tree?” Eric lovingly smiled at her daughter.

 

“Yay! Yesyes!” Melody excitedly replied and her dad put her down as she run towards the christmas tree.As they arrange the gifts under the christmas tree they heard sudden ring of the door bell.

 

“Oh who could it be?” Eric immediately went to the front door and checked who it is in the monitor the moment he recognized the person he opened it.

 

“Oh anneyeonghaseyo Heechul hyung!” Eric was shocked on sudden visit of one and only Universe Big star Heechul of Super Junior and they gotten closer since Eric met Wendy as Heechul was her label mate, also one of the members of Return of Superman whom also Eric work with, of course also together with Heechul children his son Si Yeon(5) and daughter So Hee (3).

 

“Oh anneyeonghaseyo Ericshii!” As Heechul gave Eric a manly hug as Heechul carried So Hee on his arms.

 

“Samchon!” As So Hee giggled upon seing his uncle.

 

“Anneyeonghaseyo So Hee ya” Eric smiled at Heechul’s daughter.

 

“Oh please come in come in” Eric offered.

 

“Wah! Ericshii you did a pretty good job in decorating your house huh haha” Heechul compliment, As you can see different Christmas ornaments surround the house.

 

“Haha Gumawo, Oh Hyung what brings you here with So Hee? Where is Si Yeon? Wait we dont have filming right?” Eric asked Heechul.

 

“Okay first let me answer it one by one” Heechul chuckled and Eric let a small laugh.As they let the kids play in the living room.

 

“Si Yeon was with her mother, well I dont know with Hani what took them so long that 3 hours had passed they’re not home yet, Hani told me she’ll let Si Yeon accompanied her in the fish market while I stay with So Hee and then we got bored at home so we decided to visit you anyway its just miles away” Heechul chuckled.

 

“I see wife’s order” Eric laughed and tease Heechul.

 

“Well maybe Hani just dont trust me to be with her in the fish market, cause last time I almost hit the fish vendor , I was startled by the catfish struggling to live in the basin you know how the fish flaps” Heechul said while Eric was laughing of Heechul’s sense of humor.

 

“Haha Hyung, one of the reason why Hani chose to be with her 5 year old son in the fish Market over you?” Eric asked.

 

“Exactly” Heechul said and the two keep on laughing.

 

“That sense of humor” Eric chuckled.

 

“Well aside from my looks, admit it Hani fell in love with my sense of humor” Heechul said with a smirk, well heechul is heechul.

 

“If Hani will heard that pretty sure she’ll give you a—“ 

 

“A kiss?” Heechul said full of anticipation.

 

“No, a smash on your head hyung haha” As Eric laughed.

 

“Good thing she’s not here, she’s the scariest when she’s mad” Heechul said holding his chest and a frighten looked.Eric just laugh at it.

 

“And Ericshii we dont have filming its almost christmas eve” Heechul replied.

 

“Yeah right” Eric replied.

 

“Anyway lets stop talking about me, lets talk about my dongsaeng Wendy” Heechul smiled.

 

“I heard she’s still out of the country? Wah even at this state Red Velvet is still busy” Heechul said while scratching his head.

 

“Yes hyung but she’ll be home this day, I dont know exactly what time she haven’t call yet, she told me yesterday that shell be the one who will call me this day” Eric smiled.

 

“Oh don’t worry she’ll be home” Heechul cheered up Eric.and Eric smiled.

 

“Ericsshi aside from visiting here I need your help” Heechul seriously said.

 

“Oh what is it hyung?” Eric replied.

 

“Here’s the thing ahm we’ve been busy these days ya know variety shows and all well I bought already gifts for the kids but I didnt buy yet Hani a gift hehe” Heechul nervously chuckled.

 

“Oh tssk hyung haha” Eric laughed.

 

“Yah dont laugh at me, help me Ericshii” Heechul whined.

 

“Alright haha hmm tell me what Hani really obsessed with?” Eric asked.

 

“Me?” Heechul replied with a smirk.

 

“Hyung!” Eric replied.

 

“Alright well aside from me, food? Oh she’s a thing with bags but that was my present to her last christmas” Heechul said.

 

“There could be something else” Eric replied.

 

“Oh I know! Miniature something like that” Heechul said.

 

“I know a place where we can buy things like that lets go” Eric said with a smile and walk towards to the kids, Heechul followed.

 

“Okay kids lets go out I know you guys want to play with snow outside” As Heechul carried So Hee and let her wear a coat.

 

“Hyung let us change first to winter clothes we’ll be back” As Eric carried Melody to the bedroom.

 

——————————————

 

Well gangnam street was the happiest street in Christmas, surround with different christmas decorations along the sidewalks and alleys and filled with christmas songs in every household and stores youll pass by.

 

“Daddy? Can we play there?”So Hee asked her father pointing where along the kids play with the snow.

 

“Oh Daddy! Its snowman!” Melody pointed the snowman while she was on Eric arms.

 

“Alright but we’ll not stay longer So Hee yah we need to buy gift for mommy” Heechul smiled to his daughter.

 

“Okay daddy! Yes Seung Ri yah! Pali!” So Hee giggled and drag Melody where the other kids play.

 

“Careful kids!” Eric remind the toddlers.As Eric and Heechul chuckled and followed their daughters.

 

“Seung Ri yah! Lets make some snowball!” So Hee giggled and made some on her hand.

 

“So Hee yah! Hit Mr. Snowman! Hehe” Melody replied pointing the snowman they made.

 

“In coming snowball Mr. Snowman!” As So Hee run towards the snowman but she suddenly tripped over the snow this made her cried.

 

“Oh whats wrong?” As Melody run slowly toward to So Hee.The loud cry made both fathers panickly went toward their daughters.

 

“ So Hee yah gwenchana” Melody hugged So Hee and let her stand like she can carry So Hee with all her strength.

 

“Aigoo gwenchana So Hee yah Appa is here, come on enough this playing lets go eat hotdog” Heechul carried her daughter as he laughed with Eric.

 

“Appa that snow is bad she hurt So Hee” As Melody looked her father worriedly.As Heechul and Eric looked each other and let a small chuckle.

 

“Well samchon heechul already scolded the snow” Eric chuckled.

 

“Snow will not do it again daddy?” Melody innocently asked her father.

 

“Yes Seung Ri yah snow already afraid of your samchon” Heechul replied while he let So Hee eat hotdog.

 

“You want some hotdog Melody?” Heechul asked.

 

“No, mommy said its unhealthy” Melody replied innocently.

 

“But its delicious Seung Ri yah” Heechul said while So Hee was eating hotdog, Melody looked at So Hee.

 

“Daddy can I eat it? Just once? Mommy is not around” Melody whispered and giggled.

 

“Haha jungmal she gave up Ericsshi haha” Heechul laughed and Eric replied with a chuckle.

 

“Haha arasso arasso Ill buy you one but never tell mommy okay?” Eric replied.

 

“Yay okay” Melody whispered back and smiled at her father.

 

“Hyung, So Hee so much like Hani even the way she eat” Eric chuckled.

 

“Hahaha well like mother like daughter” Heechul chuckled.

 

 

Only hours before Christmas Eve, Eric and Heechul with their daughters at the miniature shop while they are roaming arround the shop finally Heechul decided to pick a wonderful unique miniature that surely Hani will love, its a 2 story house miniature that the names of their children are there including him and Hani.Eric and Melody decided to go out first while Heechul and So Hee are still paying the thing they bought. Melody run to the Christmas manger  place near the miniature shop.Her dad followed her.

 

“Baby Jesus, Happy Birthday” Melody stand toward the Christmas manger and she put her hands in praying position, Eric hearts melt toward her daughter.

 

“Sweetie? Its baby jesus?” Eric asked Melody.

 

“Yes daddy there is Christmas because baby jesus was born” Melody smiled at her father.Eric was shocked on what he heard, he didnt know that a 3 year old know the main reason why we celebrate Christmas, Eric couldnt be more proud how they let Melody grew up as a good and smart girl.

 

“Look daddy, Mama Mary is there with Baby Jesus in Christmas, I prayed also that mommy will be home this christmas daddy” Melody said and look up to her father giving him a weak smile.

 

“Sweetie youre the one who told me a while ago dont worry baby jesus will grant your prayer” Eric said while he gave her daughter a kiss on her forehead.

 

“Seung Ri yah!” So Hee called Melody from a far then run towards where the 

Christmas manger is.

 

“Oh its baby jesus!” So Hee cheerfully said.

 

“Oh yepuda” Heechul said admiring the Christmas Manger.

 

“Hyung, its almost 6pm does hani not yet call you?”Eric asked Heechul.

 

“Hmm not yet i do—“ Heechul stopped as he heard his phone ringing.He looked at Eric and put the phone on his ear.

 

“Ne, Hani yah?” Heechul answer the phone calmly as possible.As the other line answered he immediately pull away his phone away from his ear.

 

“Ahm just have some fresh air hehe” Heechul replied and Eric looked at Heechul and chuckled on his reaction.

 

“Arraso, Arraso saranghae” Heechul replied.

 

“Haha it did went well hyung?” Eric asked teasingly.

 

“Well she’s mad that we didnt ask permission” Heechul chuckled.

 

“Haha dont worry it will pass as soon shell see your gift to her” Eric replied with a chuckle.

 

“I think we will ahead first thats the signal haha thank you so much Ericshhi” Heechul replied gratefully.

 

“No problem hyung” Eric smiled.

 

“So Hee yah time to go” Heechul called her daughter.

 

“Hyung right before I forgot, visit us again tomorrow christmas morning bunch of gifts for the kids for you and Hani” Eric said.

 

“Jungmal? Ericshi you dont have to” Heechul chuckled.

 

“Haha its okay hyung its also our thanks giving to your family” Eric replied.

 

“Wah look at this brother in law haha gumawo Ericshhi” Heechul gratefully wave his hands as they bid goodbye

 

“Anneyeong! Samchon!, Seung Ri yah!” So Hee bid also goodbye as she wave her cute little hands.

 

“See you tomorrow! Merry Christmas!” Eric and Melody replied.

 

“Merry Christmas!!” Heechul and So Hee smiled.

 

——————————

“Were home Melody” As Eric whispered to his sleeping daughter on his arms and immediately put her in her bed.

 

“Sleep well sweetie cause youll be awake when mommy’s home” Eric smile and closed the door as he went downstairs to prepare the food need to celebrate Christmas eve as only 3hours left till christmas.Eric up until now he is waiting for his wife to go home, He supposed to dial her but the doorbell rings suddenly stopped him and went to the front door.

 

“Yah! Iam home!!!” Wendy immediately hugged her husband.

 

“Why are you crying? Is there something wrong?” Eric asked her wife worriedly and look into her eyes as he missed her wife so much.

 

“Ani, just.. its just I thought I cant make it home this Christmas cause the airline made several delayed flights and suppose to call mom to—-“ Wendy stopped as Eric gave him a peck on her lips.

 

“Haha hon, the important is youre here already youre not picking up your phone Iam a bit worried you should pay me something” Eric chuckled and he wiped her tears.

 

“And what is it Mr. Nam?” Wendy smirk and gotten closer she supposed to kiss back Eric but someone called her from the upstairs.This made them both pulled away.

 

“Eomma!?” Melody called, as she rubbed her eyes from waking up.

 

“Mommy? Youre home youre home!!” Melody excitedly went downstairs and hugged her mom.

 

“My angel I missed you, yes mommy’s home” Wendy smiled,hugged back her child a kissed on her cheeks and carried her.

 

“That kiss supposed to be mine” Eric pouted, but he suddenly earned a slight slap from his wife on his arm.

 

“Aww” Eric reacted.

 

“I mean see Melody mommy we’ll be home!” Eric chuckled and hugged her wife and his child.

 

“Anyway hon, there is someone also waiting outside” Wendy smiled.

 

“Oh jinja? Who are they hon?” Eric asked curiously.

 

“You’ll see it” Wendy smiled back.Eric went toward the door.

 

“Merry Christmas!!!!” Eric’s family greeted.

 

“Appa!?, Eomma?!, Eddie!, Ellie!” Eric couldnt believe on what he saw right now, his family from states went over to visit them this christmas that all he knew is that they couldnt make it because of business reason but they are there to celebrate christmas with Eric and his own family.

 

“Oh I thought you guys cant be here this christmas?” Eric said.

 

“Harabeoji! Halmeoni! Samchon!” Melody immediately left go from her’s mother grip as she also went over.

 

“Aigoo our little princess!” As Erics father carried his grandchild.

 

“Well, Wendy persuaded us so well and luckily the business transaction was done before christmas” Eric mother smiled.

 

“You brought them?” Eric gave her wife wide smile.

 

“Of course whats also the point that I drop by Atlanta if I will go home without them, surprise” Wendy smiled.

 

“Hon I promise make your favorite fruit salad this new year” Eric spin her arround.

 

“Yah, alright haha put me down mom and dad is watching” Wendy chuckled.

 

“Aigoo this sweet couple” Eddie chuckled and the whole family laughed.

 

“Are we late?” Another person entered the house, its Wendy’s mother, along with her father and big sister’s own family.

 

“Omo they are also here!” Wendy approach her family all the way from Canada.

 

“Omona! The Son’s are here! Its been a long time we gathered like this!” Eric’s mother happily greeted.As they greeted each other cheerfully.

 

“Oh bro in laws!” Seung Hee , Wendy’s. Big sister greeted and made their popular hand shake.

 

“Noona!” Eddie and Ellie greeted back to their sis in law.

 

“That handshake never gets old” Wendy’s mother let a small laughed.

 

“Well mother they are my only brothers haha” Seung Hee replied as the whole family laughed together.

 

As Melody was playing with her cousins under the christmas tree, the Nam-Son family taking a leisure time together happily in the living room while waiting for christmas eve. 

 

“This will be an amazing Christmas” Wendy said giving a smile to her family.

 

“Of course it is, the third Christmas of Melody that whole family and relatives are here” Eric smile back.As the whole family agreed to it.

 

It still felt surreal to both Wendy and Eric that this Christmas they got together with both families to celebrate Christmas with them, it is rarely to happen because they are away from them but this time Christmas one of the seasons that get them together, they couldnt be much more happier, as they celebrate christmas with full of singing and laughing together feeling the christmas spirit that sorrounds them, the love of family.