one.

why don't you stay at mine tonight?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The mornings are not Sana’s friend. Her penthouse is big and is filled with anything she could want or need for a morning routine, but she often forgets to close shades. And the sun is bright, and her brain needs at least an extra hour to wake up, and she’s been lying in bed even longer than that.

She debates staying in bed even longer, calling her whole day off, ignoring meetings that her father has set for her, but then she hears the tv in the living room turn on, and she knows that she won’t get away with that all.

She knows that her place has been crashed, and at the very least she’s gonna have to address that.

She gets up with a groan, the stretching only makes her want to lay back down, but she settles for standing anyways. Grabbing her robe because even with the visitors she really can’t be bothered with clothes. And the idea of coffee at this point sounds amazing, she wonders if she can just ignore those in her living room and just get some of that first.

Sana’s mood only increases with annoyance when she sees Mina sprawled out on the couch with Momo resting between her legs, drowsy if not completely asleep. Mina’s running her fingers through Momo’s hair and humming softly. It screams domestic, and it makes Sana’s scowl turns into more of a pout if anything. Perhaps she is a little jealous of how they are, and what she wishes she could have.

“Should I remind you guys that this is my apartment, the key you have is for emergencies. Not for you both to just let yourselves in.”

“Actually, Sana this is my father’s apartment complex, which means it’s technically mine…”

“What happened to my sweet and innocent Mina? I miss her greatly so,” Sana dramatically gasps, placing the back of her hand against her forehead.

“Shush, you’re going to wake Momo.” 
Sana takes in the older girl, seeing that she truly is asleep, head leaning further into Mina’s chest. Almost hiding her face into the other’s shoulder.

“She does realize it’s like, noon right?”

“She had a rough night.” Mina’s voice takes a drastically quieter tone, and Sana feels guilty enough for being loud earlier that she seems to pick up the signs that she should match it.

“Don’t you have an apartment of your own that you share? I’ve been there, it’s very nice, everything Momo could wish for is in that place. Why come here?”

Mina glares at the other, and Sana immediately stops her next quip, letting close quickly. Mina is nothing if not terrifying when she’s truly annoyed, being her friend for twenty-four years can teach you a thing or two about Mina’s rage.

“She wanted to see you.”

“She’s your girlfriend though.”

“And she’s our friend, don’t act like she isn’t. She says your constant clumsiness would be a good distraction.”

Sana’s glare returns, “I knew she couldn’t have wanted to see me out of the kindness of her heart.” Sana turns to move toward the kitchen island, she’s usually thankful for the huge open concept of her home, but seeing the other two currently makes her wish she could take her compliments to the designer back. “I’m making coffee, did you want any? I would ask sleepy head, but I’m sure she’s just going to sleep for the next three hours anyways.”

“I could use some, thank you Sana.”

“Mhm.”

“Don’t you have meetings?” Mina finally moves her head enough to peek over the couch to look at Sana, who only shrugs.

“Yes, but I’m cancelling them. I can’t be bothered. Though seeing you two being disgusting and cute is making me rethink my decision to be lazy.”

Mina only gives her a roll of her eyes, and leans back into the couch. The room is silent besides the television in the background, which has been lowered by a lot. Momo has made a few noises in her sleep but nothing of significance. Nothing happens until Sana returns with Mina’s coffee, which she somehow pulls of drinking even with Momo in probably the worst position on top of her.

“You know, you wouldn’t feel so left out if you just asked out that waitress from the little restaurant you like so much.”

Sana pauses mid-sip and just looks at the other as if she’s suggested Sana commit a crime, and Mina has never looked more smug than she has in that very moment. It’s not often Mina is the one to catch Sana off her guard, and she’s feeling pretty accomplished about it. The look Mina has though only makes Sana frown once more.

“I can’t.”

“That’s always your answer. And then you always go and sleep with someone you couldn’t care less about and then we end up back here in this same position.”

“What position?”

Mina sets down her coffee, carefully on the table behind her before she points between the three of them.

“The one where we come over, you groan about how cute and disgusting we are. I tell you to ask out that girl from the restaurant, and you complain that you can’t. And then never explain further why you can’t.”

Sana’s glare turns into a pout once again, and Mina can only chuckle. She goes to say something but a sleepy Momo seems to interrupt first.

“It’s ‘cause she’s a ing wimp.”

This only causes Mina to burst out laughing, and for Sana to place down her coffee before starting to hit at Momo. Momo wakes up and chaos ensues as Sana tries to chase after a now dodging Momo begging for Mina’s help. This is somehow the most normal occurrence for them.

----

Mina and Momo finally leave late in the evening, a little too much wine in both of them, and a little too grabby for Sana’s taste. There’s only so much interaction between the two she can stand before she has to kick them out.

Mina promises to come back later this week. Momo promises they’ll be back tomorrow to terrorize her some more. Sana somehow wishes they would just stay away from a day or two. Or at least Momo. Maybe for a few hours. Like six, six would be a good amount, actually.

Sana’s lazy day as turned out more eventful than she would have wished for so she ends up turning on a soft playlist she has, grabbing the rest of her wine and a glass, and running a bath. It’s full of bubbles, her hair is up and she’s finally relaxing with her phone in one hand and a wine glass in another.

This is what she’s been craving, something so warm and nice that it fills up her day. But something more than a bath that she only has once every few weeks. She’s tired of one night stands and meaningless , but it’s been so long since she’s invested in a relationship, it’s only fair she misses it. Craves it.

That’s what she would tell Mina or anyone else that ever caught her swiping through multiple dating profiles too, that she deserves this. And that perhaps being wealthy in the manner she is, from her father, from herself, only makes it difficult to date. And not everyone can find their true love at a dance studio they were about to buy out, that kind of lucky only comes to people like Mina.

It’s mostly useless because everyone on the app seems to be useless, ingenuine or unfortunately a man. Sometimes they’re all three and that’s when she really couldn’t care less about an interaction.

She almost chokes on her wine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter