This Pain In My Chest

Kiss and Regret

He talked to her again, as friends. It's been a while, but he made her fall in love, all over again.

 

"You look beautiful Eunmi-ah! It's been a long time since I saw you in a short dress," Kyu greeted me as I stepped out of my apartment and locked the door. I blushed and looked up, completely lost for words when I took a glimpse on Kyuhyun.

He was wearing a tuxedo. A white tuxedo which automatically increased his hotness by 10 times. I complimented him back and he grinned. "Come," he said, holding his smooth right hand out for me to take. I took it, his hand feeling really warm on mine.

We went in the car, as he sang a song he said he had always wanted to sing to me since we lost touch. He finished off with a long and smiled sadly at me saying, "Mianhae Eunmi, when I became Super Junior's maknae I had to change my phone number so I wasn't able to call you or text you."

"Ne, gwenchana," I whispered patting his back as he pulled me into a hug, making my little broken heart flutter. I squeezed him one last time before pushing him away, hugging any longer would cause my well hidden tears to flow.

To hide my feeling, I cooed over him, "Ah Kyu-oppa~ You didn't change at all! Did you eat well when you were training? Are you getting along with all your hyungs?" He laughed heartily and pressed my nose, making me want to sneeze.

"Yes, yes and yes," he replied, shortly before I sneezed. "You're also still the same, sneezing everytime I put my finger on your nose." I pouted, somewhat wondering why he still remembered that.

We arrived in a very expensive restaurant. Once the waiter saw Kyuhyun, he immediately led us to our table. It was at the edge of the restaurant, a simple table for two, isolated from the others.

Kyu pulled the chair out and pushed it back for me to sit on, then he himself sat across me. We were handed the menu, and I made my choice. "To commemorate this happy event, I'll order a bottle of white wine, is that okay with you?" Kyu said to me. I nodded, my mind still focused on the purple menu.

"Ready to order, sir?" the waiter asked, popping by our side. Kyuhyun gave a slight nod and asked me to order first.

I looked up and said, "I'll have the fettucine carbonara please. Thank you."

"I'll get the steak," I heard Kyu said.

I started the conversation, "How's Ara?" Kyu smiled amiably, making my hands itch to pinch his cheeks.

"She's fine, better actually. Unlike me who 'rebelled', she decided to be a lawyer just like my father had wanted. Good for her then," he smiled, although there was a hint of sadness in his voice. "Ah! Eunmi~ I wanted my best friend to be the first to know this."

Bestfriend, huh?

"I..fell in love, I think."

Upon hearing those words, the fork I was holding immediately clattered down to the bowl of fettucine the waiter just gave me. "Something's the matter Eunmi?" Kyu asked, his face filled with concern.

Sigh, Kyuhyun, don't make that face. "G-gwenchana, I'm just so..clumsy these days," I lied to him. He raised a suspicious eyebrow, but let this one slip.

I felt my heart drop 500 feet below me even if a smiled was plastered on my face. The world spun slightly and my fingers felt weak. Tears started forming on my eyes, so I pretended to stare at the lavender napkin. "Um, Kyu-oppa, I-I need to go to the toilet for awhile," my voice croaked out unwillingly.

He nodded happily, not realising anything that was happening. I painfully trudged along the restaurant, very slowly, like every step was poison to my feet. Step after step, the pain grew in my chest, spreading quickly towards my arms and body. My head felt numb and had started to swim a little. My arms throbbed and my stomach lurched in protest.

This was the start of my pitiful, remorseful heartbreak.

***

One month after that confrontation, Kyu had to go back to his normal schedule, and me back to the way everthing was before I met him. However, the pain that enveloped me still can't be surpressed. As I walk along the streets, I could hear Super Junior's song playing somewhere. I spun, and right smack in front of me is Kyu..on a billboard. I didn't realise that I was still in the middle of the streets when I stopped until someone bumped into me.

"Hey! Don't space out in the middle. Weird girl," the guy muttered, as I bowed to apologize. I kept my feet moving towards my apartment and plopped on the sofa.

"Ah! I forgot to buy bread!" I shouted, immediately sitting up. "Aish. Eunmi! How can you be so forgetful already?!"

I stood, grabbed my jacket and rushed towards the MRT station that brought back too many painful memories. But I had no other choice, the shortest route was through there.

I peacefully hummed as I wait for the MRT and spotted another guy walking towards me. "Ah Eunmi-ah~"

I stopped humming, I think even stopped breathing. "Long time no see~ Let me guess, you forgot to buy something again. Is it seaweed or bread? Maybe..radish?" Kyu's voice echoed.

I spun and whispered, "Ah, you're going somewhere yourself?"

"Ne~ I needed to get some tofu in the market we used to go to. Remember? My hyungs wanted to taste it," Kyu answered, standing beside me. We were quiet for awhile when he said again, "Eunmie, the MRT won't be here until 20 more minutes, let's go to that park we like to go to.'

I nodded my head and ran there. It was my most favourite place in the world. Why? It was the place I met Kyu and the place Kyu left me too. I sat on the swing and giggled happily as I swung back and forth.

"Long. Time. No. Ride. This," I wailed to Kyu every time the swing is near him. But instead of laughing and calling me silly names he looked down to the ground. "Gwenchana?" I asked.

"Eunmi. I don't like the girl anymore."

"B-Bwo?! Wae?"

"She...didn't turn out how I thought she would be."

"Hng?"

"She made fun..of you."

"But..you had the chance to tell her how you feel right? Why was I first? I thought you loved her? Aigoo friends don't matter right now!" I said, although I felt like a clean knife just struck me by my heart.

He looked uncertainly at me. "Are you sure?" Just because of his gaze, my grip loosened, and I soon found myself propelling towards the hard ground. But the ground was surprisingly soft. I looked up, and my gaze was met with beautiful chocolate eyes which had always made my head swim...

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" Kyu asked anxiously. His face was so close to mine..the same as last time. The same distance when we were young, that night in the MRT station. Without my brain realising, my hand automatically cupped his cheeks and my mouth inched closer to him unintentionally. I could see his eyes widen, and he pushed me away. I froze in my position. I looked up to see his face, but all I saw was just pure shock, a little bit a guilt and a hint of huge confusion.

My hands trembled on my knees as tears welled on my eyes. What have I done? WHAT HAVE I DONE?

 

 

KYAA what have Eunmi done?! :0

kamsahamnida for commentingg <3 I love you my subscribers hihi ^w^

One more chappie to go :) I hope you all like this chapter~ *bows*