(1)

Accidental meetings
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jisoo

 

Putting on the slightly over-worn and faded out navy coloured oven gloves, I took the metal tray filled with cookie dough that looks perfectly shaped, with much less effort I pushed it into the pre-heated oven. Closing the lid, I turned to my right to see Lisa cleaning up the mess she unfortunately made. Grabbing the timer, I put it on the correct setting and started it for the next person to collect this freshly made batch.

 

"Nice job on the cookies." I sent her a wide smile. Proud of my childhood friend for being able to find something she has a particular interest in, compared to her usual dancing routine. 

 

Lisa looked at me with her slightly covered flour face, blinked rapidly or dumbly as if I have spoken some alien language to her.

 

"THE. Cookies?" I emphasised what I meant louder than much needed. 

 

A goofy smile with a set of white teeth appeared before me. 

 

"Thanks! Let me finish cleaning up these and we can head off for lunch?" She speaks with her back facing me and I aimlessly nodded in return. Realising my foolish mistake, I took four steps and grabbed the yellow cloth to start wiping the excess flour on the metal table. 

 

"Here, you focus on washing them. I'll clean and place the rest. Then we can head for lunch? Butttt..lunch is on you." I pat her on the shoulder with my free hand, hearing a rather dissatisfied sound coming out of that childish mouth of hers. 

 

"Fineee. OH! ARE YOU GOING TO THE EVENT HELD THIS SATURDAY JISOO YAH!" She whipped her head abruptly, startling me. I dropped the scale on the floor, in the result of releasing a rather broken mechanic sound. 

 

Glaring at Lisa, she sheepishly giggled. Throwing in "I'll get us a new one, that one's beat up anyway.".

 

"What about this Saturday? And when did you start dropping the formalities?" I glanced over as I place the now-broken scale on the second black kitchen railing.

 

"Uhh. Think dad mentioned something about an event with the main company and higher-ups. I figured your dad would have told you by now though." Completely disregarding my second question. Then again, it's Lisa we're speaking of. 

 

I hummed in acknowledgement. We worked in silence and speed, accompanied by the sound of scrubbing and the high powered tap we installed recently after Lisa some-what, broke the old one. After tip-toeing and placing the last item inside the cabinet above, I turned and leaned on the table. Taking in the new information, the pastry chef finished drying her last metal bowl. Drying her hands with the cloth held by her white apron on her hip, patiently she waited for me to answer. Knowing full-well and being the best friend she is, she gives me a knowing smile telling me that it's alright. 

 

"I'll give him a call tonight." After much contemplation, that's what I came up with. Looking up, she showed me her smile that a queue of guys would dread for. Instead, it looked more like a genuine smile to me.

 

I followed right behind Lisa as she made her way out of the kitchen, by routine, we took off our aprons, clocked out and walked side by side. 

 

"So how does candy sound like for lunch?" 

 

//

Chaeyoung

 

Fiddling with my black sketchbook, I waited for Jennie unnie to be done with her last touch of clean up on the soon-to-be-announced maroon dress for our company line up.

 

“Chaeyoung-ah” Jennie calls out after a solid minute of pinning the additional material to the back of the model with much accuracy.

 

I turned my full body towards her, giving my full utmost attention.

 

Jennie t

Please log in to read the full chapter