black on black

color coding

Black on black,

that was the name of the most famous venue in the city, owned by lee taeyong, a young entrepreneur and band enthusiast who's main goal is to help birth a new and successful local band.

 

 

the phone started ringing, mark looked at the little clock on his nightstand "4:00AM" , why was jeno calling him this late? he thought

 

"MARK HI YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS BUT THE BLACK ON BLACK VENUE IS HAVING A BATTLE OF THE BANDS AND I SIGNED US UP AND WE GOT ACCEPTED"  jeno screamed over the phone

 

"wait what, aren't they like really picky with who enters the venue? we got kicked out last time we tried to convince them to let us be the opening act for Cherry Bomb remember?"

 

"BUT THEY WANT TO HELP LOCAL BANDS NOW, WHY AREN'T YOU EXCITED MARK PERFORMING THERE HAS BEEN OUR DREAM FOR SO LONG"  

 

"stop yelling oh my god, i'm excited but its 4 am and we have school tomorrow goodnight jeno thank you"  mark didn't wait for jeno to reply and hanged up, he was really happy, their little band was getting a big opportunity to perform in front of a lot of people and maybe even winning the battle of the bands but he was also tired they've been rehearsing everyday after school, it was almost like they knew they were going to perform soon.

 

they met a couple of years ago at that same venue, jeno and mark bumped at each other at the mosh pit and started talking right after, then jeno introduced mark to his best friend renjun, all three of them had the same dream, forming a band, and thats how MAD CITY was born, mark as the bassist, jeno as the drummer and renjun as the vocalist and guitarist.