One

I Love You and I'll be Your Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Its okay Unnie.” Sua softly cooed into Jiu’s ear as she trembled at the soft feathery touch she was receiving. Her body trembled as she gripped onto the sheets while she despaired at the aching feeling she was feeling. “Just cry it all out.” Sua soothed her best friend as she too was beginning to cry at the misery her friend was facing.

 

“I… I don't understand how she could do this to me.” Jiu sobbed out a heart-wrenching cry that shook Sua to bring more tears. “I love her so much.” Sua rushed to grab a tissue so Jiu could blow her nose.

 

“You are going to be okay.” Sua grasped onto Jiu’s hand as she wanted to provide the emotional support for Jiu to get through her first break up with the one she truly loves. Sua could only stand by as she listened to Jiu’s cries and woes while she suffered in pain for having an unrequited love in silence.

 

“I gave everything to her. Suassi, I gave her all my firsts and she threw it all away for someone else.” Jiu cried some more as she was having trouble breathing which caused Sua to be in a panic.

 

“Hey hey hey.” Sua grasped onto the side of Jiu’s face and made her look at her. “Look at me and copy my breathing.” Jiu was still crying as her mind was filled with all the happy times she had with Yoohyeon. “Come on, Unnie, I know you can do it.” Sua brought Jiu closer to her as she had Jiu’s ear right against her chest, so she could hear her heart beating. The rhythmic beating might soothe her pain away. Sua prayed hopelessly as her heart was rapidly gaining speed. Don't make it noticeable please. Jiu won't notice because her happiness comes first. Sua chanted within her head as Jiu seemed to calm down just by Sua’s heart beating away the seconds.

 

Sua let the silence envelop the room making a nice comfortable atmosphere take them away from reality. She let Jiu cling onto her body with her dear life. All I can do as a friend is be by your side and hopefully get you back to your feet. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you and yet I can’t say it to you. After all my struggles to contain my feelings for you are nothing compared to the pain you are struggling. You don’t understand how lucky you are to have her in your life. You toyed with her heart and her feelings as if it was nothing then letting her go. It’s like you are mocking me in showing how you obtained her love without even trying. She felt Jiu’s tears slowly grow on her shirt as it went from warm to cold in a matter of instance. Slowly Sua guided her hands to wrap them around Jiu. Comforting her with her ever so gentle touch as they securely landed around her body. She kissed her best friend’s head to indicate to her that everything was fine and that she was still there.

 

She had limitations on what she can do as a friend. She had to make sure that her impure thoughts wouldn't invade her mind and cause a problem towards Jiu as she pursued a relationship that was supposed to last a lifetime. She truly did like Yoohyeon when they were together as she lit up the room for Jiu just to give her smiles. Though, everything changed when Jiu found her cheating with the transfer student Siyeon.

 

Sua recalled Jiu calling her at 2 in the morning crying her heart out as she tried to tell her what happened. The moment she heard the cry for help she ran towards her without anything else on her mind.

 

It's been a month since the breakup and Yoohyeon was now in a relationship with Siyeon. She had the audacity to flaunt her love for another right in front of her. Sua was left to pick up the small crumbled pieces that Yoohyeon created. Every day she would be with Jiu to make sure that she would stay strong. Every second her heart leaped out in joy for spending time with her. Every moment Sua herself would cry out in pain as she knows that no matter how much consoling she did with Jiu, she'll never be hers.

 

Ring. Ring. Ring.

 

Sua woke up from the sound of her phone ringing as she shuffled around in her bed to yell at the person who dared to wake her up. She grabbed her phone without looking at the caller ID and picked it up. She was about to yell at whoever was calling her until she heard crying. She immediately knew who it was on the other line without the other person saying a peep.

 

“I'll be over in 5 minutes.” Was all Sua said as she rushed out the door towards Jiu’s house.

 

It was still dark out and cold but Sua didn't care as the cold night air bit into Sua’s skin. It ripped off the la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter