just hold on

about love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Based off the tumblr prompt - send me a ship… and I’ll tell you who holds what. Ready?

 

 

1. The umbrella, when it rains -

 

Gyuri knows that Saerom can be stubborn.

 

If the weatherman says that there’s no chances of rain, despite how grey the skies are Saerom would never bring an umbrella. So Gyuri’s not surprised when she finds her waiting at the front of her work place drenched from head to toe with her briefcase over head.

 

Gyuri slides over to her, umbrella sheltering her from the rain and Saerom stops trembling for a second to look up at the person beside her. “Are you going to listen to your girlfriend next time or the weather man?”

 

“I like walking in the rain,” Saerom tells her because she does. It reminds her of her childhood, running in the rain with her poncho and gumboots on as she leapt through the puddles whilst her father chased her around. “But I like it more when you hold the umbrella and walk with me.” Saerom smiles sheepishly and latches herself onto Gyuri’s side, her arm running under Gyuri's coat where she braces her tightly to warm herself up.

 

2. The popcorn at the cinema -

 

Saerom holds the popcorn closer to her chest as the tension builds. The music was beginning to creep in and she was bracing herself for the mo—

 

“Boo!” Gyuri teases prematurely.

 

A shriek filled the cinema and popcorn ends up flying all over, covering Gyuri from head to toe. Saerom looks over unapologetic because after all she was the one that scared her and she's only watching this movie because Gyuri said it'd be a comedy. In Gyuri's defense later the special effects were a joke - not scary at all.

 

“I’ll hold the popcorn now,” Gyuri grumbles as she snatches it away whilst fishing loose popcorn out of her shirt.

 

3. The baby, when it cries -

 

So having a baby is not the same as raising a dog, which is evident by the fact that Saerom can’t get the baby to stop crying itself. It hates the squeaky toy, it’s not hungry and Saerom’s hoping it’s not a dirty diaper.

 

So when she narrows down the options and neither of them work, she hands off the baby to Gyuri, or as she would call herself ‘cool aunt’. Immediately wrapped in her arms, the baby picks up her scent and warmth and stops crying. It doesn’t take long before the baby falls back asleep soundly.

 

“Unbelievable,” Saerom shakes her head in disbelief, arms crossed with a crooked grin on her face.

 

“What can I say? Babies love me.” Gyuri says smugly, voice barely above a whisper as they try not to wake up the baby.

 

4. The ice cream cone, when they share -

 

Saerom opens , an ‘ah’ sound escaping waiting for Gyuri to feed her whilst her eyes and hands were occupied with the phone.

 

Gyuri rolls her eyes as she holds the ice cream closer to Saerom’s lips for her to take a bite. She pulls it away as Saerom leans in slowly, teasing her and drawing her closer to herself. Gyuri laughs as Saerom lowers her phone, glowering at her girlfriend.

 

Gyuri happily takes a bite of the ice-cream, “You’re cute when you’re angry,” she merely states before Saerom grabs a hold of her hand and pushes the cone it into her face. The cone crumbles in their hands.

 

Saerom's jaw drops and eyes widen as Gyuri looks on, disheartened by the crushed ice-cream cone in her hand and ice cream smeared over her lips. She reaches over and wraps her arm around Saerom’s shoulder, threatening to smear the remainder of their dessert on her whilst Saerom begs for mercy.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter