Six

Smoke Screen - TW3

 

“Everything set?”  

“Yap.” Mina said. 

“Okay, meet you guys in five.”  

Sana hung up and smiled, biting on her lower lip. She stepped outside the toilet and walked back to the classroom. 

“Tzuyu-yaaaahhhhh.” She chirped, sitting beside her and eyeing her with gleaming eyes. 

Tzuyu irked an eyebrow at her. “What happened?” 

“Jeez, can’t I be happy?” Sana pouted, crossing her arms. 

“Awn, baby Satang is sulking.” Tzuyu pinched her cheek, earning a glare. “Of course you can be happy, especially if it’s because of me.” 

Even if she tried to keep pretending to pout, she couldn’t hold her smile “Awn, baby Tzuyu is so full of herself.” 

“Your fault.”  

Sana clicked her tongue. “Of course. Anyway, are you done? I wanna take you somewhere.” 

“And where would that be?” 

With a provocative smirk, Sana leaned forward until it was almost impossible for Tzuyu to resist her lips and aimed for her ear. 

“Come with me and you’ll know.” She whispered, feeling a sharp breath on her neck, and giving Tzuyu no time to act, she stood up and walked towards the door. 

“Y-Yah, Sana.” Tzuyu followed her. “Don’t do that.”  

“That what?”  

“What you just did.” Tzuyu hissed. “At least not in school.” 

“Awn, why? Teasing you is so much fun.” Sana said, snaking a hand on her waist as they walked. 

“Sana,” Tzuyu took a deep breath. “Where are we going really?” 

“Oh, we’re almost there.”  

After turning the corner, Sana stopped in front of a door and shot Tzuyu a smile before opening it.  

Tzuyu stepped inside after Sana. Some sitting and some standing, Mina, Chaeyoung, Jihyo, Momo, and three more girls Tzuyu didn’t know talked and laughed.  

“Hey guys,” Sana said, catching everyone’s attention. 

“Oh, you’re here!” Jihyo stood up. “Come here, come here, there’s someone who wants to meet you, Tzuyu.” 

She frowned in confusion and found everyone’s eyes on her, as Sana pulled her closer to the group.  

“Hi Tzuyu,” One of the girls she didn’t know said. “I’m Im Nayeon, and this is Kim Dahyun and Yoo Jungyeon. Nice to meet you!”  

“N-Nice to meet you guys too.” Tzuyu still wasn’t used to that new thing of meeting people again.  

“We’re part of the singing club, and I, as the leader, want to invite you to join us.” Nayeon said.  

Tzuyu blinked, her lips apart. She looked around to find everyone all smiley and nodding.  

“Sorry, w-what?” 

Nayeon chuckled. “You have a good vocal technique and your voice is beautiful, very different from ours, so you would be an awesome addition to our club.”  

“How do you know about my vocal ability?”  

“Well, about that,” Nayeon held her laugh.  

Tzuyu looked at her side.  

“I might have recorded your singing and sent it to them in secret,” Sana said, her features like those of an innocent kid.  

“Y-Yah, Satang…” Tzuyu sighed, making everyone laugh.  

“What do you say, Tzuyu?” Dahyun asked.  

“I-I… I would be honored.”  

Jihyo jumped from her chair and sandwiched her with Sana, a fit of cheering coming from all the girls.  

“Great, we’re looking forward to singing with you!” Jungyeon said.  

“Now how about we go celebrate?” Nayeon clapped to earn their attention. “And before you ask, yes I’m totally using this opportunity to hang out and get something to eat and drink.”  

“Tsk you drunkard, you don’t miss a chance to take everyone down with you on your drinking!” Jungyeon circled her arm tight around her neck, dragging her out, making Nayeon yell in protest.  

“You still love me, you klutz!” 

“They’re dating,” Sana said near Tzuyu's ear.  

“Oh. I can see that.” She laughed, observing them annoying each other.  

“Congrats Tzuyu, you’re gonna be great,” Mina said.  

“Thanks, kiddo.” She patted her head. 

“Yah, when will you stop calling me kiddo?” Mina whined.  

“Never, you’ll forever be tiny.” 

“It’s okay to be tiny! I-I don’t mind you being tiny, Mina.” Momo stepped in, and grabbed Mina’s hand, making her bite back a smile.  

“Alright let’s just go before they ask for the food and eat it all by themselves,” Jihyo said.  

“I swear there’s something going on there,” Sana whispered, letting them walk a couple steps ahead.  

“What?” 

“Mina and Momo. But I’ll find out soon.” 

Tzuyu shook her head and chuckled. As they were about to step outside the room, Tzuyu grabbed Sana's hand and stopped, making her look back.  

“Wait. I just…” Tzuyu pulled her into her embrace. “Thank you, Sana.” 

“I’m glad you accepted the offer. I’m really proud and you’ll be amazing, I’ll be at every single one of your performances and I’ll always cheer for you, Tzuyu.”  

“I know,” Tzuyu pulled away and held her cheeks. “But I’m not thanking you just for this. Thank you for everything. Ever since you appeared in my life, everything changed. I have my best friend back, I have new and awesome friends, people don’t see me as a monster anymore, but more importantly...” She approached to kiss her lips. “I found true love.” 

There was so much more to say but Tzuyu felt so overwhelmed she could just blurt, “Gosh I love you so much Sana.” 

“Guys, you can do that later, come on!” Jihyo shouted. 

“You shouldn’t yell in the hallway, miss student council!” Tzuyu yelled back. 

“Tzuyu,” Sana called, making her look down at her eyes again. “I did what I thought was right, and I never even thought it could turn out like this, but you have no idea how glad I am for it. I love you, Tzu-“ 

“LAME!” Jihyo yelled again. 

“YAH, JIHYO, YOU’RE DEAD!” Tzuyu took off on a run after her. 

Sana rushed to keep up with them, chuckling as she observed Tzuyu messing up Jihyo's hair and earning a fit of slaps on her arm back. 

They had all the time in the world to say how much they loved each other.