Trivial Ch. 2

Trivial
Please log in to read the full chapter

Trivial pt. 2

 

A/N: I've been asked a few times to give Seulgi a happy ending, so here it is.

 

It’s still rather short, but I’m pretty satisfied with it.

 

Happy reading!

 

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

 

Seulgi found the perfect opportunity to move out when Seungwan went out with Joohyun on a week long vacation. She felt bad after all of her stuff was already on its way to her parents' home, so she wrote a letter for her best friend, leaving it on the lamp stand beside the bed - the bed she no longer feels belongs to her because it's been occupied by Seungwan and Joohyun for several weeks now.

 

Seungwan had asked her once if it really was okay for Joohyun to be sleeping on their bed. Seulgi just shrugged and proceeded to move her stuff out and into the other room. Seungwan never asked her again, and Seulgi soon found every trace of her existence to be replaced by Joohyun.

 

That solidified Seulgi's decision. So without a falter in her step, Seulgi left her house key on the kitchen counter, and biked to Sunmi's apartment.

 

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

 

"I'm gonna miss you so much, Seulbear." Sunmi said while squeezing the life out of the shorter woman. Seulgi couldn't help but chuckle into Sunmi's shoulder and tightly hug her back.

 

"I'm going to miss you too, unnie." they pulled away to look at each other's faces for a moment. "Thank you for everything. This as well." Seulgi then moved to reach into her satchel. "Are you sure you don't want me to pay for gas?" Sunmi shook her head and removed Seulgi's hands out of the bag.

 

"No, bear, I don't need your money, okay? I'm doing this because I'm your friend, and I want to be there for you." Sunmi then tapped Seulgi's nose before pulling away. "Make sure you call me, okay? You better not forget me if you meet some hot girl!" she winked when Seulgi whined and waved one last time before she pulled out of the driveway.

 

She waited till she could no longer see Sunmi's car before turning back. She was back home, and it felt like a huge relief to start over in a place she felt was familiar and safe.

 

Seulgi's attention was then drawn to a door closing. She turned to look in the direction of her neighbor and noted that she had never seen this girl before.

 

She looked to be around Seulgi's age, with a duffle bag slung over her thin frame, purple hair up in a bun. She also appeared to be in a hurry, but she stopped mid step when she saw Seulgi from the corner of her eye. She smiled so brightly that Seulgi rivaled it to the sun.

 

"Hey! You must be Seulgi!" the girl then ran over their shared lawn and stuck her hand out for Seulgi to shake. "My name's Jisoo. I moved in with my family earlier this year. It's nice to finally meet you."

 

Seulgi noted how flawless the other girl looked, as well as how husky her voice was. It both contrasted her image, but also fit her so well for some reason.

 

"It's nice to meet you too, Jisoo." Seulgi offered a smile. She then looked Jisoo up and down to see the girl in a breathable shirt and leggings. "Are you going to the gym or something?"

 

"Ah, no. I'm going to dance practice." Seulgi blinked several times, having to process that.

 

"Dance practice? Where?" this was new.

 

"Ah that's right! Your parents mentioned you had left to university about two years ago. The studio opened a few weeks before I moved in here. It's new, so that would explain why you haven't heard of it before." Seulgi mused, a smile unconsciously creeping onto her lips. Moving back was definitely the right decision.

 

A dance studio... A place she could really let herself go.

 

"You dance, right?" Jisoo asked. If she didn't look excited before, she does now.

 

"Uh I guess." Seulgi responded sheepishly. She was never used to compliments when she danced. Sunmi once that she should've been used to the plethora of compliments by now.

 

Seulgi took in Jisoo's excitement and chuckled internally at how adorable she looked. Goodness, she really was whipped for girls...

 

"I mean, yeah. I do dance. A lot." Seulgi then felt herself smile wider when Jisoo practically jumped up and down in front of her.

 

"Really? So it's true! Your parents told me before that you're a super talented dancer!" Jisoo then gasped loudly and grabbed both of Seulgi's hands. "Do you want to come to the studio with me?" Seulgi felt like it was a demand with Jisoo looking at her like that, her eyes full of childlike hope. How could Seulgi say no to those eyes and that smile?

 

She couldn't. Not at all.

 

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

 

Sunmi called Seulgi to tell her how much Seungwan was panicking back at her apartment. Apparently she ran to Sunmi's place in the middle of the night to ask her where Seulgi had disappeared to so suddenly.

 

"I didn't tell her anything, don't worry."

 

Seulgi didn't say anything in response, her fingers picking at her shirt as if there was something on it.

 

"She's worried and upset, Seulgi. Dare I say she's devastated you left."

 

Seulgi never thought that Seungwan would panic over her disappearance. She also thought the letter she left for the Canadian was enough to sate her. Oh how wrong she was...

 

"She deserves to know Seulgi. Maybe not about your feelings exactly, but she at least deserves to hear from you again. You owe her at least a goodbye. Like a physical one, not one you forged on a piece of paper."

 

Seulgi thought for long time on what to do with her situation with Seungwan. A long time.

 

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

 

Seulgi knew she was quick to develop crushes, but like many in the past, they faded within months, sometimes even weeks. Her crush on Seungwan was one of those rare occurrences in which Seulgi actually felt something for more than three months. But not only was it the time, but it was the intensity of her love for Seungwan. But her love for Seungwan was calmer, in a sense. She didn't feel a desire to be in Seungwan's eyes every moment of every day, and she rarely felt jealous before Seungwan got together with Joohyun.

 

With Jisoo though... Seulgi was feeling things she doesn't think she's ever felt before.

 

Seulgi got jealous, she noticed. A lot.

 

It's been almost a year since Seulgi moved back home, and life felt much better and more relaxed for her. The comfort she had from her mother's homemade food and her childhood bed were more than enough to keep Seulgi sated. The addition of Jisoo and her friends made it that much better.

 

Chaeyoung was one of Jisoo's childhood friends, and was dating a dancer named Lisa. Seulgi absolutely loved watching Lisa dance, and Lisa would say the exact same for her. Jisoo also had another childhood friend named Jennie who Seulgi thought grew pretty attached to her. She didn't think much of it though since Jennie appeared to fancy one of the guys on the studio's elite group.

 

But there was a guy in the elite group who didn't rub Seulgi right, and his name was Mino. He was a really nice guy, don't get

Please log in to read the full chapter