1/1

My Winter Honeysuckle

My Winter Honeysuckle

 

 

Somewhere hidden deep within the forest on the outskirts of the bustling snow covered city of Seoul, where no possible human would dream of venturing lies a large cottage. Surrounded by the soft snow and gentle tips of winter flowers, the cottage was remote from the busy lifestyle of the city. The owners who inhabited the home would have it no other way, as it was perfect for their kind to be free and not have to worry about the humans finding them.

Chanyeol, the head of the household was what was known within the community as an Alpha, a wolf to be more precise and that meant the rest of the homes inhabitants were just like him. His second in command was a gentle male beta who went by the name of Joonmyun; his mate Yixing was a quiet beta who perfectly matched his partner. The two in command kept the home afloat; making sure everyone was comfortable and happy. It was the main priority of the Alpha of a pack to care for each of his pack members with the utmost care.

They called themselves EXO, a very well known pack within the wolf community of Asia. A powerful pack with some of the most talented fighters, it wasn’t a surprise that nobody bothered the men much leaving them to live peacefully. There were three omega’s within the pack, Minseok who was actually one of the oldest and was mated to an Alpha named Jongdae. Then there was Baekhyun who was the sunshine of the pack who shared an Alpha named Sehun with the third omega of the pack Jongin. It wasn’t uncommon within society for a wolf to have two mates; nobody really minded the human’s taboo nature around the subject of multiple partners.

The only one not mated within the pack was the Alpha himself, but he had been so focused on raising his pack that he never had the chance to even think about a mate. However, he was getting older nearly twenty-six and he knew deep down he was feeling lonely as he watch the couples around him be lovey-dovey with one another.

Chanyeol never showed his feelings around the matter however; he didn’t want to let his issues ruin the mood within his home. A place he wanted to be relaxing and happy for everyone, somewhere the pack can come home to after a tough day at work.

One night as he was resting his head upon a pillow in his room, their was a soft knock at the door. By the smell that was drifting into his room from beneath the door he could tell it was his omega Minseok, so he let out a soft ‘come in’ causing the other to slowly open the door. The twenty-four year old omega had been feeling down since his own alpha had gone away on a business trip a few days prior. And it fell upon Chanyeol to care for the other, through this tough time.

“Alpha…” His soft voice whispered into the moonlight room.

“Shh come here, pup” He called out to the other.

Minseok shuffled his way to the bed and crawled up being greeted with open arms, he fell into his alpha’s hold allowing his emotions to escape within the dark. The Alpha stayed quiet as the omega’s form shook as he cried softly into the firm chest of the other, Chanyeol spoke kind words into the others black hair. It was something he did when his sweet omega’s came to him crying, it always was enough to calm their worries while their partners were away.

“Jongdae will be back tomorrow, pup. Let’s try and get some rest hmm” His voice was soft, filled with love and care for his sad omega. Minseok felt a lot calmers hearing his Alpha’s heartbeat against his ear, it helped his fall into a soft slumber snuggled in the Alpha’s arms. Keeping his safe in the night, until his own mate would return.

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

Just as the Alpha had promised the sad Omega, the other Alpha arrived home mid morning. Minseok had clung to the other like a koala the minute Jongdae had entered the cottage, the sight made everyone coo at the two. Baekhyun started teasing the older omega, which earned him a warning glare from his own mate, but he didn’t take notice and continued his shenanigans.

“Chanyeol they say there’s going to be a snow storm soon, we might get cut off from the city for a while if it gets bad. Should we stock up the pantry?” Joonmyun voiced.

Chanyeol mauled over the information for a moment, if they get cut off from the city it might cause problems. They had cars for this type of weather that could easily drive through thick snow, but most winters they never liked to risk it. It would be a good idea to stock up on food, wolfs tend to eat a lot more than the average human so it was vital to have plenty to go around.

“I think it would be wise to Joonmyun, why don’t you and the others all go out today?” He smiled at them. “You’ve all been working so hard lately, why not go shopping for a bit – treat yourselves.” He chuckled as Baekhyun began chanting about how he wanted new clothes – much to Sehun’s dismay as the other already took up enough of there shared wardrobe.

It was decided that they would go out shopping, making sure to get everything they needed to survive the winter if cut off from the city.

“Are you not joining us alpha?” Jongin’s quiet voice piped up as he hid behind his tall mate. Jongin was one of the more submissive omega’s of the pack, but he was also the youngest so very much a pup. Everyone dotted on the other over every little thing that the other did.

“I think I will go for a run today, nini” He smiled.

“You go enjoy yourself with Sehun and Baekhyun, maybe if you are good Sehun will let you get a new stuffed animal.” There was an audible gasp heard from the sweet omega pup, which caused Sehun to coo and fuss over him.

Slowly, the pack dispersed into the many cars within the garage, before taking off for their drive to the city. Chanyeol had put Joonmyun and the other Alphas in charge, ordering them to ensure the omegas’ safety is their main priority. As the city is filled with strangers who might just be wolves themselves or Vampires there was a small community of them on the other side of town. Of course everyone got on well.

Chanyeol enjoyed a cup of hot chocolate that Minseok had made for him before they had all left the house; the omega always had a way in the kitchen and made the best hot chocolate in the winter. His eyes scanned the area outside the kitchen window, it looked beautiful with the flowers piercing the snow and the trees dusted with white flakes.

Winter made the packs Alpha feel warm and homely, he could never truly pinpoint the reason why but he didn’t care. His favourite thing to do this time of year was to just run in the woods for a while, letting his paws grace the soft texture of snow beneath them as he sprinted through the trees. Just the thought of it had his wolf leaping for joy within him, which he tried to rile back with some deep breaths.

Deciding he couldn’t wait any longer he put on a thick wooly jumper over his long sleeved shirt, before taking steps into the cold yard behind the house. Unlike popular belief when a wolf shifts into his animal form the clothes that were bare on the human form remain intact.

His warm caramel coat kept the wolf warm as he trotted to the forest edge, pausing for a moment to inhale the freshness within the air. Deep scents of the trees and frost covered bark entered his nostrils, along with the soft ones of the winter flowers that also peaked his interest. However, just as he was about to open his eyes to take off on a gentle sprint his enhanced nostrils picked up a sweet scent, one that to the Alpha smelt like winter mornings by the log fire with hints of caramel and cinnamon. All of his favourite scents during the winter months, always making him feel warm and safe.

Without a second thought he took off in hunt for the sweet scent, which was enticing him further into his territory. His mind was wild with want and curiosity as he ran, ducking through the gaps within the trees narrowly missing burrows of all the hibernating forest creatures as he did so.

The sweet scent of caramel grew stronger with each tread of his paws, as he sprinted deeper and deeper within the thick forest surrounding his territory. Although, this was clearly an intruder, a stranger, the alpha was so overwhelmed with the scent intoxicating his senses that he didn’t care of the possible dangers ahead of him. But, how could something smelling so sweet be dangerous in any possible way.

There was a clearing ahead and the Alpha was nearly drowning in the scent now as he got closer and closer. Slowing into a gently trot the male snuck up behind one of the thick frost covered trunks, before peering around the side making sure to still be kept hidden. That’s when a small male with soft features greeted his eyes; his brown locks were whisking around his forehead showcasing the others thick eyebrows and rosy cheeks. As the Alpha stared longer at the young looking boys face he saw that he had a thick nose and large plump lips that were shaped like a heart, it pulled the other in making him nearly moan out softly.

The scent was of an omega, which is what the alpha had managed to bring his brain to comprehend as he watched the sweet boy play gently with a Japanese honeysuckle between his long fingers. The way the gentle fingers brushed against the flowers stem and petals were soft and warming, Chanyeol longed for the touch from the other he still had no name for.

As Chanyeol slowly scaled his eyes down the boys body he noticed the soft shivering and lack of clothing, the omega was not dressed for this cold weather. All that graced the pale boy with dark chocolaty hair was a large white turtleneck top that went to the young one’s mid thigh. Those thighs intoxicated the alpha as he watched them move slowly as the omega stood and began twirling around taking in the freshness of the air with the brightest smile upon his heart shaped lips.

So pure. So innocent.

The omega seemed so happy as he was exposed to the natural elements, also seemingly unaware of the alpha just a few yards away. Chanyeol stepped out from his hiding spot still within his wolf form as he drew himself into the clearing. Slowly, as so he wouldn’t spook the innocent looking omega. What the Alpha didn’t expect was for the omega to gently stare at him longingly from his spot, his arms gently hugging himself now with a blush upon his already rosy cheeks.

What happened next shocked the alpha even more, the small omega walked towards him slowly. His feet bear against the snow as he trod through the chilly icicles beneath him. Before he reached his hand out slowly almost wishing to touch the softness of the caramel fur of the alpha’s thick coat. Chanyeol bowed his head in response not noticing the sweet smile that appeared on the omega’s features, what he did notice was the sudden spark that washed through him like a warm blanket encasing him as the omega racked his fingers through his fur.

A soft hum left the alpha’s throat as the omega continued to his fur softly, slowly cupping the wolf’s snout into his hands he leaned his face against the creature’s forehead. Chanyeol could tell he was smiling; the omega was so soft and innocent like an angel.

Chanyeol just hoped the innocent creature could feel the emotions he was experiencing with every touch of his skin. With how the boy was reacting it seemed like he was, as he fell to his knees and buried his face within the large chest of the wolf in front of him.

“So warm…” The first time he had heard the boy speak and it sent another warm wave to intoxicate his mind. It was so chocolaty and smooth just like his scent. He wanted to know more about this young male currently nuzzling into his chest, the need to know more was strong within his mind as he gave a soft longing to the others cheek. Which caused the most beautiful giggle to echo around the clearing.

“You are a nice alpha…they lied at the orphanage…they said a mean scary alpha lived in the woods but you’re different to him!” This new information nearly broke the suffering alpha’s poor longing heart, how could a beautiful omega like this be left in an orphanage of all things.

Chanyeol slowly morphed back into his human self almost expecting the omega to jump back in fear, but instead the boy’s eyes seemed to widen in wonder as he racked his eyes over the fluffy hair of the alpha in front of him and the deep auburn eyes greeting him warmly. The boy’s hand reached up and cupped the alpha’s cheek, a little hesitantly almost expecting the male to jump back or grab his wrist. But when the other leaned into his palm the boy smiled sweetly up at the other, inhaling in the alpha’s scent as he did so.

“What is you name sweet omega?” Chanyeol asked.

The boy stared at him for a moment taking in the others soft and warm features before picking up the courage to speak up.

“Kyungsoo” The alpha smiled down at the other he now had a name to match the chocolaty voice and scent. Kyungsoo. It was perfect for the Omega, the way the boy seemed almost embarrassed after confessing his name made the Alpha want to smother him with affection and care.

“A beautiful name for such a beautiful pup, my name is Chanyeol I am the alpha of this territory.” The other watched the pup’s eyes sparkle once more with wonder, before he leaned into the alpha’s chest palling his fists into the softness of the others wooly jumper. He felt safe with this Alpha.

“Chanyeol…I like that name Alpha…” The way the boy spoke his name caused the alpha to cup his larger hand around the back of the boys soft locks and bury his face within them inhaling as much of the others sweet caramelized scent as he did so.

“Tell me pup. Why are you out here so bare? You might get sick.” His voice was calm, not wanting to scare the innocent boy in his arms. It was part of Chanyeol’s nature to protect his pack, but for some strange reason he felt that he needed to protect this innocent orphan with his whole life.

Kyungsoo whimpered slightly against the others chest, obviously feeling that he was being scolded by the Alpha and was in possible trouble for trespassing on the beautiful land. The Alpha was quick to silence the whimpers with a soft kiss to the young omega’s forehead.

“The matron at the orphanage dropped me off in the mountains and left me there…she said I had become a burden for them as I am now old enough to leave that place…but where could I go I have no one…” The boy sniffled. Chanyeol however felt anger as he listened to the boy tell him how a grown human had thrown an innocent orphan out of their care simply because they were old enough to leave their care. It was wrong on so many levels but not uncommon in human society when it came to orphaned wolf pups or other creatures that weren’t fully human. This information only made Chanyeol want to protect the orphaned Omega even more.

“How about you come home with me pup, I am sure the Omega’s in my pack will love you.” He asked. Not expecting the boy to agree straight away, but Kyungsoo shot up and nodded his head sweetly at the Alpha. His eyes wide with fresh tears threatening to fall, someone wanted him to stay it was something so new to him.

Chanyeol chuckled before removing his sweater and pushed it over the Omega’s smaller head till he was warmly covered with it to just below the knees. It was clear there was a very large height difference between the pair, but that didn’t matter as the Alpha hoisted the shivering omega into his arms.

“Let’s go home, pup”

Home. Kyungsoo smiled into the Alpha’s neck as he sobbed quietly, feeling overwhelmingly happy as he now had a home. A place he could feel safe and be taken care of by this Alpha who smelt so good that it intoxicated his senses. He felt safe within the others arms and didn’t ever want to leave them.

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

Kyungsoo clung to the Alpha even after arriving home; the other had to force the boy to let go so he could properly dress the boy. He was around the same size as the omega Baekhyun so he pulled out some old sweatpants that the other never wore anymore. Gently placing them upon each leg of the young omega currently sitting on his large bed. They were a little small but the boy didn’t mind, it was clothes in his mind much more then he had ever had.

A pair of the warmest and fluffiest socks that the Alpha could find in his own drawers was placed upon the pink feet of the Omega that hummed giggling as he wiggled his toes against the material. The Alpha allowed the boy to keep the wooly sweater on as he pulled the boy up onto his feet, but Kyungsoo whined and his arms reached up asking to be carried again. He was very child like that is what the Alpha had come to terms with, and it only made the sweet smelling boy even more intoxicating to him.

The need to protect only grew stronger as the boy nuzzled against his chest as they sit upon one of the many sofas within the living area of the cottage. Glancing at the time the Alpha could guess that the other’s would walk through the front door any moment now, he was slightly worried about their reactions but Kyungsoo was beautiful and very innocent so knowing the pack members they would want to protect him. Just like they do with the young Omega Jongin who surprisingly wasn’t the youngest anymore, the boy was just about to turn twenty years old in January.

“Alpha…what if your pack don’t like me…” The voice was quiet but ever so smooth like chocolate, this boy was going to be the death of this Alpha. He was becoming soft with each soft word that escaped the Omega’s lips.

“They will love you, pup” He whispered into the orphans hair.

The two stayed snuggled upon the sofa as the tv play a random Christmas movie in the background, Kyungsoo was on the Alpha’s lap with his fingers gripping at the others new sweater to find even more comfort and warm. Of course Chanyeol gave in to the innocent boy, and wrapped his strong arms around his thin body pulling him closer. Letting his Alpha scent engulf the omega in a blanket of protection.

Gently his long fingers through the boy’s locks, as he lulled him into a calm bliss snuggled against his chest hiding his face like a child.

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

The pack soon arrived home with their shopping; Chanyeol could already hear the loud laughter of Baekhyun and the beta Jongdae through the cottages thick walls. He was surprised the sleeping omega on his lap hadn’t woken to the sounds, but the boy had been exposed to the icy temperatures for how long he had yet to find out so he was probably tired. He would have Yixing check him over when he had the time.

“Hey Myun is Yeol still on his run cause I smell a new scent…” The confused voice of the boisterous Omega echoed the house, as if to almost scare away the possible intruder, which was just Kyungsoo, who was still asleep within the others lap. Chanyeol heard his second in command tell everyone to stay outside for a moment before taking the first steady steps into the cottage. He could smell his Alpha instantly but it was being entwined within a softer scent, it leads him to the living room where he finally found the source of this mystery scent.

He stared at the Alpha for a moment before gazing over the lump curled up upon the others lap, inhaling the young looking boys scent he could tell he was an Omega. But why was he here, and why was he snuggled rather intimately into the Alpha of the packs chest. Chanyeol chuckled at the large crease that formed upon his beta’s forehead; of course the other would be confused at the sudden appearance of a young Omega in their already full and lively household.

“I found him while I was out on my run playing with a honeysuckle in the clearing in the north of the territory. He was dumped by the matron of an orphanage he had lived in up in the north mountains from what I can gather.” He spoke calmly.

By him speaking like this made his pack member trust the others words and felt that he could trust this new member within the house. He slowly stepped closer and the boy’s soft cheek, taking notice of the rosy cheeks and nose with slightly chapped lips. He must have been so cold.

“He was only wearing a large turtleneck top, nothing else. I borrowed some of Baek’s sweatpants I hope he doesn’t mind.” Joonmyun felt concern wash through him, although he wasn’t an Alpha he still felt the need to protect the Omega’s around him. He felt pity for the boy sleeping within the other’s lap obviously feeling safe within those large arms.

Joonmyun stood once again and looked out the window where he could see a whiny Baekhyun clinging to a frustrated Jongdae’s arm much to Minseok’s dismay.

“I better tell them.” He slowly turned and walked out of the room till he was greeted by the frowns of the other wolves.

“Okay, nothing to worry about, Chanyeol found a Omega pup on his run who was dumped in the northern mountains. He is now under our care and from what I can sense he most likely is our softy of an Alpha’s mate, so treat him nicely. Okay lets get this stuff inside and stock this pantry.” The beta smiled.

Ignoring the shock that was obvious upon the other male’s faces he picked up some shopping bags and made his way back into the quiet house. Taking charge with unloading the food making sure everything was placed in all the correct places, Minseok and Yixing helped while Baekhyun and the others decided to meet the new pup.

Once the pantry and cupboards were all stocked, ready for the winter ahead they joined everyone in the living area that now seemed just about full with the extra body. Kyungsoo had woken up to the loud cooing of Baekhyun, who at the sight of the young omega wearing a pair of his sweatpants let out a motherly coo. He too felt a need to protect the boy who they had no name for.

Blinking the fatigue away from his brown eyes he glanced around at all the new faces, before looking up towards the male he felt most safe with for reassurance. When Chanyeol his cheek and smiled down at him before placing a gentle kiss to his forehead, Kyungsoo knew it was safe to speak to the males around the room.

“Hi! My name is Baekhyun what’s yours” The Omega could tell the one speaking was also an Omega like him, he seemed very hyper which he had been told was a negative thing to be for an omega but never understood why. Glancing at the others orange hair he smiled, earning the loudest coo to echo the room as the other reached forehead and squeezed his cheeks between his thumbs and forefinger. Causing a whine to escape the young omega.

“Kyungsoo…” Once the other had let go of his cheeks, he managed to whisper how his name. He didn’t expect to be welcomed so lovingly as he was by this new pack, he got on really well with Baekhyun and Jongin but his favourite Omega out of the lot was definitely Minseok. It was because the other was quiet and seemed to match him personality wise not fully but they had a love for cooking – not that Kyungsoo had that much experience in the kitchen but he had snuck into the orphanages kitchen many a times to cook some of the children food in the middle of the night.

Chanyeol watched fondly from the love seat as the new omega was snuggled up to Minseok as the others told him embarrassing stories about the Alpha’s of the pack. The man would have scolded the pair for telling the stories but seeing how happy Kyungsoo was, with that beautiful smile featuring upon those heart shaped lips it was a sight to welcome. It was new to Chanyeol, something warm. He had found someone who seemed to fit winter so well with how his scent literally is the scents of the season. He was overwhelmed with a new feeling as he continued to watch the young Omega play with Minseok on a game device in the others lap.

It made him want to cradle the Omega within his arms, make him feel loved and wanted. It made him want to protect his new omega pack mate or as his brain was screaming at him – his mate.

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

As the winter grew on through December, Chanyeol found himself sharing a bed with the beautiful Omega every night even though the other had his own room. Kyungsoo just wanted comfort from the other, telling the Alpha that he felt safer sleeping with him instead of being alone. It was adorable watching the omega stutter as he tried to explain once again as to why he had woken the Alpha in the darkness of night to sleep with him in his bed.

Kyungsoo would gently tug at his nightshirt as he gnawed at his lower lip in nervousness each time he shuffled into the welcoming room filled with the Alpha’s protecting scent. Of course Chanyeol allowed the boy to sleep with him every time, he wasn’t coldhearted like some Alpha’s. Especially when it now comes to his mate to be who is scared of being alone at night, he just had to encourage the boy to feel safer.

They would wake with their bodies tangled together, seeking the warmth of one another. Chanyeol would steal soft kisses to the boy’s forehead, nose, and cheeks in order to wake him for breakfast most mornings. He always enjoyed seeing the cherub’s sweet nose scrunch up before the most beautiful giggles echoed the room, almost bursting a blanket of light around the four walls engulfing the Alpha in bliss.

It had become natural for them to share a bed as more days passed. Kyungsoo was very submissive towards the tall Alpha, which Chanyeol didn’t mind when the other seemed to be dreamy most of the time as he twirled around in the hallways and hummed little tunes as he helped in the kitchen. Even the others enjoyed the boys company.

One morning, Kyungsoo had decided to make breakfast for everyone, so he got up super early careful not to wake his favourite smelling Alpha, as he climbed out of bed and left the room. Once he had made it safely to the kitchen the Omega glanced around the fully stocked kitchen, and had a quick think before deciding upon miso soup with egg fried rice as the dish for breakfast. It was warm and perfect for a winter’s morning. So he got to work, humming softly a Christmas song he had heard upon one of the many movies the pack had been watching in the evenings.

He failed to notice the Alpha standing in the doorway watching him work with a soft smile upon his lips, enjoying the sound of his mates humming a sign he was enjoying himself. Also smiling at the fact the food smelt amazing, even the others had smelt the aroma of one of their favourite winter dishes floating around the house. Slowly, they all crowded the doorway behind the Alpha to watch their new friend cook for them, it was such a warming sight as the boy had placed a cute apron around his waist. Over one of Chanyeol’s sweaters that the other had been living in since his arrival, which only made the Alpha want to cuddle him to inhale his own scent mixing within the sweet scent of the omega just that little bit more.

Without thinking Chanyeol stepped forth and gently wrapped his arms around the unexpecting Omega’s waist before nuzzling his face into the crook of the others neck. Gently inhaling the others scent that he had grown so addicted to. He felt the other stiffen slightly before relaxing as he realized who it was holding him hostage, a giggle echoed from his throat as he turned around gently placing a hand upon the others cheek. Smiling softly as he watched the Alpha lean into the touch before gently wrapping his fingers around the Omega’s wrist to kiss the boys palm softly. The act made Kyungsoo blush slightly before he leaned into the other seeking the all to familiar warmth the other seemed to wrap around him when present.

The pack members watched with fond stares as they saw the brightness in their Alpha’s eyes spark and a warm smile spread across his features. He was glowing in the kitchens natural morning light, with the omega in his arms as they swayed slightly. Baekhyun quickly snapped a photo for future blackmail or possibly just for a memory. The pair seemed so at home in the kitchen that had been lightly decorated for the Christmas season.

The wooden cupboards and vintage tiled walls with mini Christmas trees decorating the sides along with a simple wooden ‘noel’ sign completed the season’s look; Chanyeol had always been one for decorations during this month. He loved the smell of pine cones dusted with cinnamon so he always made sure to have a small bowl on the kitchen island with them in, with a large red candle in the center. When lit the candle would send sweet aroma’s floating around the kitchen, perfect for making evening meals in the dim light watching the snow fall gracefully outside the large window that had a small wreath hanging from the center.

Now that the Alpha had his own cinnamon smelling Omega to care for, winter had become all that much more magical for him. He wanted to share this time of year with the boy, making him happy as he watches the other enjoy the time just as much as him. If the simple touches of the others smaller hand against the Alpha’s cheek, and gentle nuzzles of his head against the other’s chest when he’s sleepy weren’t enough for the tall Alpha to fall in love he really didn’t know what was.

The little Omega was becoming his whole world, and he was happy. He didn’t feel so lonely now the boy was with them; the man could only hope the boy allows him into his own heart.

As the others watched the two as they shared another gentle cuddle, not wanted to ruin the pair’s sweet fluffy moment the rest of the pack retreated to the living area to await their call for breakfast.

“Morning Alpha” Kyungsoo smiled.

“Good morning my beautiful pup, you cooking breakfast this morning hmm” The Alpha returned the omega’s smile with a softer one. Kyungsoo giggled once again enjoying the way he could tell his Alpha enjoyed the sound of it.

“It’s the packs favourite winter breakfast, pup. How did you know?” He chuckled.

Kyungsoo glanced at the male before quickly giving his food a stir in their pots checking to see if they were ready – which they nearly were – so he looked back at the Alpha and with the sweetest most innocent smile he leaned up and kissed the Alpha’s cheek.

“I thought it was a nice idea that’s all Alpha. Can you help me dish up?” He asked.

Chanyeol on the other hand stood with his hand gently where the omega’s heart shaped lips had just made contact with his skin, it had sent sparks shooting through his veins almost whining for more contact. Trying not to come off as creepy the other helped the omega dish up and plate up the dinning table that was large enough for the large pack.

“BREAKFAST IS READY YOU LOT” He shouted. Quickly sneaking in another cuddle before the kitchen became busy and loud, breaking the two apart from the sweetness of the moment they had just shared.

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

As Christmas drew closer, the pair became inseparable. Kyungsoo couldn’t understand why he felt so safe around the older male he hadn’t even known for long. Maybe because he was young and grew up in an environment, which prevented him getting the proper education of his own species that would explain the emotions he was feeling. So Chanyeol had asked Joonmyun to take on the role of teaching the boy the basics.

Surprisingly, Minseok wanted to help the boy learn about what being an Omega truly means. Of course the beta of the pack thought it would be a good idea for the other to learn from someone who was of that rank, as he as a beta didn’t truly know what it was like. So far the boy had been taught the basics of what a pack means, it was like a family filled with people who can trust each other with any concerns. He was told about how they keep their wolf identity hidden when in the city around humans, how the pack runs in full.

Joonmyun had been impressed with how fast the young Omega was taking everything in; most pups take months to fully get to grasps with the rules. But Kyungsoo seemed so different, it was refreshing his whole being was refreshing to the beta and he could tell it was the same for the Alpha too.

“So being an Omega is important, we are the ones that keep our population alive. We have heats and during that time we are 99.9% more likely to conceive pups, but I don’t think you are at that stage yet.” Minseok began.

The idea of pups was a little frightening for the poor innocent pup in front of the other Omega, and the other male saw the fear in the pretty brown eyes staring at him so widely. He chuckled lightly.

“Don’t you worry, we will take care of you here.” He the boys back lightly feeling him relax ever so slightly, before the other could continue his teaching.

“We also have these things called destined mates, these are the individuals we are destined by the moon gods to be with till we die. I have found mine which is Jongdae as you already know.” The other smiled.

“H-How do you know you found your d-destined mate?” His voice was almost a whisper, as if he was slightly afraid of the answer that might be given.

“You feel warm inside as if you have butterflies in your tummy whenever you are around them. It’s also as if a blanket of safety washes over you when you are near them, which becomes something you want to cling to.” Kyungsoo stared at a spot on the carpet for a while, taking in what the other Omega had told him. The feelings he had been experiencing since he met the Alpha in the woods, they all made sense now. But how could he be the mate to such a perfect Alpha like Chanyeol, he was just an orphan.

Minseok noticed the pups silence and troubled expression, so he bought the young one to his chest into a warm embrace to try and calm him. The smaller Omega glanced up at his friend with his owlish eyes that seemed to sparkle in the soft light piercing the room. Minseok smiled down at the other, and his fingers through the soft locks earning a soft purr from the boy in his arms.

“He feels the same Soo, I see the way he looks at you it is so different to the one he gives to us. Come on, I will make you one of my famous hot chocolates.” The other smiled as he pulled the shocked Omega to his feet as they left for the kitchen.

The Alpha felt the same. That was all Kyungsoo could think about.

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

Christmas Day had arrived and the pack was excitedly surrounding the large decorated Christmas tree in the living area. Perfectly wrapped gifts were pilled high around the tree, mixed with some not so neatly wrapped gifts that everyone teased were the Alpha’s but was in reality Sehun’s awful skills.

Kyungsoo was curled up within the Alpha’s lap just like he had become accustomed to, and happily watched his friends open up their presents. He never expected to receive anything as he arrived so late, but when a small pile was pushed towards him with his name written on little tags he let out a surprised gasp.

“For me?” His large eyes stared around the room for reassurance before turning to the Alpha who was his back softly. The other let out a soft chuckle before leaning towards the Omega’s ear place a sweet kiss to the soft skin, as he let out a deep hum in response to the sweethearts question.

“Yes pup, all for you” Kyungsoo his lower lip between his teeth as he fought back the happy tears that were welling up in his pretty eyes. The others began to coo at the other, Chanyeol included as he cupped the boys face with his large hands bringing the small body to his own. He chuckled lightly catching the soft hum escape the Omega’s throat as he felt the rumble of the Alpha’s chest. God he loved this little pup more than anything, but he was also slightly afraid to admit that.

Kyungsoo was handed a gift at a time, taking his time to gently pull the wrappings away to reveal the clothes that had been bought for him. So he wouldn’t have to borrow Baekhyun’s old clothes or wear clothes too big for his smaller frame. The brightest smile formed on his heart shaped lips as he hugged the items to his chest, before he glanced at the Alpha holding him lightly with his hands upon his waist.

“Thank you Alpha.” He leaned forward and kissed the other’s nose lightly, blushing heavily as he buried his face into the others firm chest. Laughter rounded the room, as everyone watched their big softy of an Alpha almost melt into goo after the little pup had kissed his nose.

Chanyeol’s long arms wrapped around the other’s smaller frame, as he buried his face into the wolf’s hair enjoying the warmth that soon engulfed him. Inhaling the sweet scent of winter that he loved so much as he did so, before placing his hand to the boy’s soft cheek giving it a gentle with his thumb. Kyungsoo let out little purrs that caused the Alpha to chuckle once more as he leaned down to place a kiss to the other’s forehead once more.

“Oh get a room you two!” The loud voice of Baekhyun echoed the room causing everyone to laugh, as the obvious blushes rose across both the Alpha and small Omega’s cheeks.

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

Minseok and Kyungsoo both took charge of the Christmas meal, making sure everything was perfect as they plated up the table. It decorated with red with a long centerpiece upon the table that held candles in little divots all decorated with classic Christmas images. Wine glasses were placed at each seat next to the plates to the right, while the freshly polished silver was placed either side of the plates. A red napkin was rolled up and tied with a silver ring before being placed upon each plate at the table, leaving only the food left to be placed upon the table itself.

Minseok was taking charge with the meat, while Kyungsoo dished up the vegetables into serving dishes placing them all around the table. Leaving the center spot for the large turkey, that was still cooking in the oven. They had cooked a chicken as well as a leg of ham; since the pack was so large one turkey just wouldn’t cut it. Minseok had sliced the chicken and ham up placing each separately onto two large serving dishes and placed them close to where the turkey would be placed.

All the different scents swirling through the kitchen mixing with the softer ones of the cinnamon scented pinecones caused the youngest Omega to let out a happy sigh. He felt so at home. For the first time in his life he felt like he had a home, where he was wanted and welcomed with open arms. Plus they all smothered him with affection like a mother would her pup; he was their pup now after all.

“Turkey is ready! Do you want to go call the pack, I am sure they are starving by now” Minseok smiled.

The younger Omega stepped towards the hallway and made his way to the living area where everyone was watching a Christmas movie called ‘Elf’. He spotted the Alpha in seconds who was not watching the movie but was staring into the fireplace watching the flames dance their sweet dance. It was beautiful to watch, the way the flames light danced over the others chiseled features mixing with those of the lights wrapped around the Christmas tree. Chanyeol looked breathtaking in that moment.

However, he was bought back to reality when the smiling face of Baekhyun nearly head butted him, causing him to jump back with a scream.

“You scared me!”

“Ah sorry I thought you had noticed me coming. Anyway! Is the food done I am starving!” The Omega whined to the other Omega causing the younger one to giggle sweetly, earning a round of coo’s to echo through the living room.

“Yes it’s just about finished, do you want to make your way to the table!” He smiled. The smile was so beautiful upon the pup’s face that everyone felt as if a warm fuzzy blanket had wrapped around them, Kyungsoo had the ability to make everyone happy or relaxed with just a simple flash of his smile. It was something Chanyeol treasured deeply in the short time the young wolf had been welcomed into their cottage.

Soon everyone was sitting in their usual spots around the large table in the kitchen, Kyungsoo taking the spot next to Chanyeol who sat at the head of the table since he was the Alpha of the pack. Minseok placed the large turkey down on its placemat and quickly closed the oven before taking his place next to his mate. Kyungsoo remembered being told that the Alpha is the first to eat when food is prepared, once the head of the pack had eaten the rest were to start eating.

However, Chanyeol shocked everyone as he cut himself a large slice of turkey, but instead of placing it down on his own plate he put the meat upon that of the youngest Omega’s. The boy’s eyes shot wide as he glanced up at the smiling male, his beautiful brown eyes sparkled against the candle light making the Alpha chuckle before placing a soft kiss to the others forehead.

“Eat” He commanded.

A very confused Kyungsoo looked around the table for reassurance from anyone, but when he got a warm smile from the beta pair he took a steady bite of the turkey. Humming as he let the taste coat his tongue, it was delicious.

It was then that everyone started eating, the liveliness surrounded the Christmassy setting. Kyungsoo watched silently as everyone spoke happily together, enjoying their food at the same time making sure to compliment the two Omega’s who did all the hard work. As the Omega was watching everyone else he failed to see the Alpha’s watchful gaze, he had noticed the boy stopped eating so he slowly brushed his fingers around the boys ear tucking some hair as he did so. Causing the other to turn around and stare at the Alpha, his eyes were warm almost welcoming making Chanyeol smile.

“You should eat up pup” He leaned forward taking the pup’s abandoned fork; stabbing a piece of turkey he began feeding the pup. Who quite happily let the Alpha feed him, it made him feel all fuzzy inside as he felt the gentle to his hair each time he would chew slowly. “Good boy.” Those simple words made Kyungsoo glance up with happiness spread through his eyes, this caused the Alpha to let out a chuckle before leaning forward once again placing a soft kiss the other other’s forehead.

They ignored the fact they weren’t alone at the table, enjoying each other’s company while they fed each other their meals. Each sporting a soft smile upon their lips, Chanyeol often found himself the boy’s cheek as he chewed upon his food. He felt proud watching the little pup eat so contently with him, it was a new feeling and he really loved it.

“Thank you Alpha” The pup whispered.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Kyungsoo was sat by the window staring fondly like hyper puppy wanting to go outside and play, as the snow fell softly outside it’s flakes swirling calmly together traveling towards the already snow covered ground below. Chanyeol was watching from his spot in the usual seat by the fire sipping his hot chocolate, he couldn’t stop the soft smile that formed upon his lips as he sipped the contents of his Christmas mug.

The Omega looked adorable in the very same oversized turtleneck top and a pair of brown corduroy skinny jeans that Yixing had bought the other. They suited him very well as the young wolf clearly fit more natural tones in clothes instead of bright like Jongin could. He wore a pair of fluffy socks to keep his small feet warm as he stared out the window longingly; his side profile was glowing in the sunlight that was slowly disappearing as the day drew on.

“How about we all go play in the snow, I think this little pup wants to go outside and play if you ask me” The Alpha chuckled.

Everyone chuckled at how quickly the Omega in question leapt up and hopping on the spot almost begging everyone to agree, how could they not after such an adorable act of happiness was showcased in front of them. It would break their hearts to refuse their sweet pup.

It didn’t take long for them all to get their shoes on for when they were going to shift back into their human forms, Kyungsoo had refused to put a coat on before he darted out shifting into his wolf. It was the first time any of them had gotten the chance to witness the boy’s transformation, but when a chocolate coloured wolf was seen pouncing around in the snow happily Chanyeol let out a low howl. The colour of their furs complimented each other so well, forgetting his pack mates he wasted no time in joining the happy pouncing Omega.

“He’s a beautiful pup” Jongdae muttered before shifting and taking off into the snow with his Omega close behind. Everyone hummed before joining their friends, leaving the Alpha and the youngest to enjoy each other’s company.

Chanyeol at the Omega’s snout as he caught his breath from the jumping around, Kyungsoo returned the favour as he began cleaning the Alpha. It was an intimate act but the Alpha was enjoying the feeling of the other taking care of him. The nuzzled their large heads together as they were almost exchanging scents with one another, trying to bath in it.

Playful Soo soon returned as he pounced onto the Alpha who playfully fought back as they rolled around in the snow, almost turning their coats white as it stuck to the tips of their fur. It wasn’t until the Alpha managed to pin the vulnerable Omega beneath him that he spent some time staring deeply into the other’s eyes, giving a couple sweet swipes of his warm tongue as he did so.

The shifted into their human forms as they stood, their hands entwined between them as Kyungsoo refused to break eye contact with the Alpha holding him so close. Around them Japanese honeysuckles began piercing the snow, Kyungsoo was using his power for the first time in front of the male. They all had one. Chanyeol smiled as he watched the plants bloom around them both, before staring back into those large brown eyes gazing down to the plump lips that were slightly parted.

“You are so beautiful Kyungsoo” He muttered as his head leaned down before capturing the Omega lips in a sweet kiss. The pack watched from afar feeling happy seeing how loving the two were together as they softly kissed in the snowfall surrounded by beautiful white honeysuckles.

Breaking the kiss Chanyeol pulled the Omega closer to his warm body, gently the other’s rosy cheek as he did so. Taking in the beauty of the innocent Omega he had fallen in love with.

“I love you Alpha…” Kyungsoo blushed against the chill of the frost bitten wind as he stared up lovingly to his mate. Yes his mate, he had finally come to terms with the fact he was the destined mate of the packs Alpha, and he felt happy about it.

“And I love you too.” The alpha captured the boys lips once more in a soft kiss as the snow fell heavier around them, swirling beautifully as the Omega felt sparks swish around his body with each movement of the Alpha’s lips against his own.

Content. That is what the pair felt as their shared a loving moment in the snowfall.

“My own sweet little winter honeysuckle.”

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello,

I tried something new! I have been dying to read a soft and fluffy ChanSoo fic for days and I just couldn’t find one of my likings so I ended I creating my own! I hope you like it just as much as I do.

Sometimes simple touches and gentle kisses are enough to make me smile, so I hope soft ChanSoo has done the same to you!

Do comment as I would love to hear your feelings on this one-shot!