Take my hand

Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongguk sighed as the car pulled elsewhere. His fifth date in two weeks and they’ve failed due to a honey-skinned beauty that continues to run through his thoughts. The phone buzzed as he hailed a taxi. The light of his phone lit up his face the show the beaming bunny smile that a Taehyung caused. He snapped out of it when the chauffeur honked at him. The smile never left his face as he entered the taxi.

“24th Street,” 

He gazed out the window as the words circled his thoughts;

‘I’m coming over tonight, I need cuddles.’

Such a silly text and he couldn’t quit smiling, every moment he tried to calm himself the smile overtook his challenge. They probably thought he was crazy because of how wide the smile stretched across his facial features. His grin fell off his face as he remembered his conversation with Namjoon and Seokjin a few days beforehand. The taxi arrived at his flat before he could dive into the pits of hopelessness and Tae that decided.

He heaved a $20 to the chauffeur even though he knew it was a few dollars.

He walked into his condo building and breathed in the coconut smell that never seemed to disappear. Jeongguk always preferred to walk up the stairs then take the elevator. He only lived on the 2nd floor, it always took him 2 minutes to walk up the stairs. He ordered his and Tae’s usual takeout on the way up the stairs.

Will he forever will he be ordering pizza and pasta on the weekends? The places rest on his speed dial at 2 and 3 leaving the first spot open Taehyung. He got off the phone in time to arrive at his apartment, 20B.

He saw a mess when he opened the door; he looks at the clock as he cleaned the mess realizing that Tae would be there in 30 minutes. 

“” Jeongguk explained as he picked the clothes up off his floor and threw them in the basket. He picked trash up off the floor and threw them in the trash. He never cursed himself for being so messy more. The dishes were still out. 

“,” He said at the door.

‘Delivery!’

He let out a breath of relief and got money off the counter to pay the tab. He looked at the clock and noticed he still had about 6 minutes before the elder would arrive. Jeongguk sat the food on the counter and hurries to gather the water bottles and paper plates out of plain sight to throw them away. 

His heart was pounding as he realized Tae would arrive any minute. Jeongguk felt as if his heart would explode. He went to his kitchen to grab a glass of water when he heard his door open.

“Kookie!” 

Jeongguk almost dropped his cup of water when he looked at his face. The pure stress and sadness that stowed itself upon Tae’s face was enough for him to want to throw the glass in the sink and cuddle the out of him, he refrained himself from doing so.

“TaeTae, baby, what’s wrong?” 

Jeongguk saw the boys face crumple and the next thing he feels is a body crashing into his. The body wrapped around his wracked with sobs; the sound was painful to Jungkook’s ears as his baby was in pain. 

“Baby, what’s wrong?”

Jeongguk took Taehyung’s face in his hands and made him look at his face.

“Breath,” Jeongguk said in a whisper.

Taehyung’s body hiccupped as he tried to calm down, his tears now slowly cascading down his face and snot running from his nose.

Jeongguk took the sleeve of his hoodie and wiped Tae’s face.

“Now, tell me what happened?” Jeongguk asked Taehyung in a serious voice.

Taehyung took a deep breath before looking at kookie in the eye and telling him about his day.

“S-so, this morning I went to the professor about my project and I have to find a new topic because apparently I got told the wrong date for the topic entry deadline and someone already picked the one I wanted. He said if I wanted to get my grade up from missing the deadline, I have to make a perfect project. The whole thing is due next week and I still have 3 essays to write. The school has just been so much lately and I need a break, but I can’t afford to take one. I have so much to do and my camera still needs to go to the shop and I’m almost broke but it needs fixing for the project. I-“

“Tae! Breathe calm down I’m not going anywhere.” Jeongguk rubbed Tae’s arms in a soothing manner as he pulled the elder to his chest. 

“I’m sorry, Kook, it’s just been a lot. I know we haven’t got to hang out as much as we usually do. God, I’m such a horrible best friend. I don’t deserve you.”

Jeongguk’s chest ached as he heard the word ‘best friend’ as he was longing to be something more. His heart said one thing as his mouth said;

“Tae, it’s okay, I know you’re going through a lot which is why...” Jeongguk let go of Taehyung and left the room, leaving a confused Taehyung in the middle of his living room. 

When Tae went to follow Kookie he heard Jeongguk yell at him to stay where he was. Jeongguk was confusing Taehyung.

“Kookieeeee! Hurry!” Taehyung whined out. 

“Close your eyes,” Jeongguk yelled out to Taehyung.

“What? Why?”

“Just do it.” Jeongguk smiled, knowing what the elder would reply.

“Nike!” 

“Are they closed?” 

“Yes,” Taehyung sighed in defeat.

Jeongguk smiled his signature bunny smile as he walked into his living room, package in hand.

“Open,” He said as he arrived in front of Tae.

Taehyung’s eyes flashed open in confusion as he took in Kookie’s wide smile to the package in his outstretched hands.

“What is this?” He asked in confusion taking the package in his hands. 

“Why don’t you open it and find out?” Jeongguk suggested with a laugh.

An unsure Taehyung opened the package corner by corner until there had been just a cardboard box that remained.

“What is it?” He whined at Jeongguk.

“Oh my god, baby, just open it.” He replied 

He let out a huff and peeled off the tape on the box and let out a squeal.

“JEON Jeongguk, You did not.”

“Oh, but I did.”

“I love you so much, Kook, you didn’t have to, thank you,” Taehyung said and kissed the youngers cheeks.

It felt like for the billionth time that day that Jeongguk’s heart felt like it was being pulled out of his chest, that he couldn’t call the one he loved his made his heart yearn for the one he couldn’t have.

Jeongguk wrapped Taehyung in his arms, once again, and squeezed him tight and let a sad smile take over his face. 

He feltTaesqueeze his sides and pull away. He brought his newly fixed camera up to his face and took a picture of the younger. 

Click!

Jeongguk was confused about what happened and Taehyung turned away laughing as he smiled at his camera, affectionately.  

“Cuddles?” Jeongguk asked

“Not yet, I want food.”

Jeongguk laughed and pushed him toward the kitchen. 

“Our usual?” Taehyung asked opening the pizza box.

“What else would it be?”

Tae gave him a boxy smile and took a slice of pizza.

~

Taehyung smiled at the back of Jeongguk’s head and continued eating his slice of pizza.

The bowl of Alfredo was still steaming on the counter he took a noodle and held it out to Jeongguk to eat. 

Guk showed a bunny smile before chomping down on the noodle.

“Gukkie!” Taehyung laughed at the younger who was acting silly.

“I wanna cuddle now,” TaeTae said with a pout and crossed his arms.

“Now?” Jeongguk asked in confusion.

“I’m sad.” 

Jeongguk was about to reply when he heard a sniffle.

He looked to Tae whose eyes were welling up tears. He grabbed his hand and led them to his room. As soon as he walked in the door, Taehyung went straight to Jeongguk’s closet to steal one of his shirts.

He stripped off his clothes and changed as Jeongguk tried not to focus on the flex of Taehyung’s back as he put on his shirt.

“I’m ready!” Taehyung said before running and jumping on the bed and climbing over Guk. 

He got under the covers and snuggled closer to the younger who had got under the covers while Taehyung was changing.

What the pair didn’t expect was to fall asleep before Jeongguk could sing Tae his usual cheer up song.

In the 4 hours that the pair were asleep for, Jeongguk was dreaming about Taehyung and t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter