Final

Surprise Surprises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehyun was beyond excited.

The birthday of his most beloved and treasured person in the entire galaxy was getting extremely near.

He had thought of the perfect surprise party to hold this specific person and he was making sure she knew none of his plans.

 

 

"Minra,"

Jaehyun called out to his girlfriend. The girl was laying down on his bed, reading another book she had bought. She looked up from the page, "Yeah?" Jaehyun was at his desk and was doing some of his assignment. It was usual routine for the two of them - hanging out at Jaehyun's room while enjoying each others company.

"Are you busy tomorrow?" he asks as he puts his pen down and turns around to look at her. He watches as she pouts her lips and thinks about her answer. "I have classes tomorrow until 3. Why?" she lifts an eyebrow at him. Her boyfriend shakes his head, "Nothing. Just wondering. Uh... Do you remember what day is it tomorrow?" She doesn't see him fidgeting his hands in nervousness.

"It's a Friday, Jaehyun," she snorts at him before returning back to her book. She doesn't think twice about his question. Jaehyun lets out a sigh of relief - it seems like she forgot about her own birthday and he hopes she keeps it that way. Her remembering wouldn't ruin any of his surprise, it would just add another extra element of surprise. 

 

 

Her footsteps are heavy and she forces herself to drag them out of the building. The paper responsible for her miseries was still crumpled in her hand. She was out later than the other students due to her visiting the lecturer's office to bargain about the grade that she was given. She was terribly disappointed in how well she did.

"It's not a fail but... that low? Seriously?" she sits down on one of the benches and stuffs the stupid paper in her bag. "I thought I'd at least get a 60! How could I have missed that question?" She runs a hand through her hair out of frustration, she finds it hard to believe she could mess up that badly. Her head turns around to spot her usual favourite cafe and she decides she needs a quick pick me up.

 

Jaehyun was terribly busy for today as it was officially his love's birthday - he wants it to special. He called up his close friends and had them help him decorate her house will all the little things she loves. There were fairy lights of all different sizes and colours, scented candles, tiny lanterns and other things that Jaehyun knew she adored. The moment Minra texted him the usual, 'Good morning, Jaehyun. I left for class. I'll be home at 4. Love you,' he put his plan into action. He had his best friends Johnny, WinWin, Kun and Taeyong come over and the got to work quickly. 

"You are the most sweetest person in the entire world, Jaehyun," Johnny commented as he saw Jaehyun prepare the cake. His hand reaches out to swipe some of the cream but Jaehyun is quick to slap it away. "Don't touch her cake," he warns before resuming to write her name on top of the cake. WinWin was busy filling up the donuts with Minra's favuorite filling, "Did you buy these, Jaehyun? They look bigger than usual."

"None of your business, just fill them up. Kun, Taeyong! How's the decorations going along?"

They heard something fall followed by Taeyong laughing. Jaehyun hopes everything would turn out fine later.

 

"What do you mean it's being discontinued?"

"I'm sorry, Minra but that's what management said."

Minra sighs and nods her head before she leaves the cafe. Her favourite drink, a mango flavoured one and happened to be the cafe's special drink, had been discontinued. What another shot of rotten bad luck. She pulls out her phone and calls up Jaehyun. It only needs to ring once before he answers it.

"Minra! Hi~"

"Hi," she sighs. "I just needed to hear your voice. It's been a bad day."

"How so?"

On the other line, Jaehyun was holding onto the ladder to prevent Johnny from falling over. Taeyong and Kun were busy moving the furniture.

"Just... It's just that some things happened. I needed you to cheer me up," she looks at the time and heads to the bus stop. "I'll see you when I get home. Love you."

"Love you too. Stay safe!"

He hears her chuckle before the line goes flat. "It's done! Look," Johnny climbs down the ladder and Jaehyun is satisfied with how it looks. "Perfect! Now for the candles," Jaehyun searches for the box.

 

The bus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter