act 3

bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

it feels a little weird being ignored by lisa. 

 

never in their seven years of friendship had jennie experienced something like this. it was a strange phenomena. a freak of nature. 

 

 

as William Congreve once said, hell hath no fury like lisa scorned, or something like that. 

 

 

jennie stares at lisa from across the practice room in another attempt to atleast say sorry, but the thai girl  merely glances at her for a second before turning her attention back to jisoo and chaeyoung. 

 

 

she convinces herself its only because lisa doesn't understand. 

 

 

 

***

 

 

"come on jen just one time!"

 

 

"no."

 

"PLEASE! i'll do the dishes everyday next week."

 

"no unnie."

 

"jen."

 

"my mind is made up."

 

"je-"

 

"NO."

 

"YES"

 

"i'm serious unnie im not covering for you."

 

"i hate to do this but you owe me. you know you owe me ruby jane."

 

jennie lowers the book she's reading at the sound of her middle name, jisoo was standing standing in the doorway, coat in one hand and very much looking like she was going to leave. 

 

 

"unnie the managers are going to kick my  if they find out you and chaeyoung are going to a concert. you promised them you'd stay in tonight."

 

"you dont seem to understand, its T A Y L O R  S W I F T  in seoul. it took a lot of calls for me to grab these tickets at the last minute so im getting out of this dorm even if it kills me."

 

"and you didnt bother buying me a ticket because?"

 

"you and lisa already went to that dua concert so it's only fair i take rosie, plus she knows more songs than you do anyway."

 

"hey!" jennie grabs a little pony stuffed toy from beside her and throws it at the older girl who evades it with ease. 

 

 

"what? it's true." 

 

 

chaeyoung grabs onto to jisoo's elbow, tugging it and not even acknowledging jennie's presence. "unnie, apparently it's starting already come on we can still make it before the third song!" she pulls the older girl's elbow towards the exit and jisoo could do nothing but wave as chaeyoung dragged her out. 

 

 

"guess its just you and me bud." she says to kuma who tilts his head as if he actually understood her.

 

 

if she was being honest, covering for jisoo wasn't really going to be a problem, it was the fact that she'd have to stay at home with lisa that was bothering her. it was ironic really, how the universe conspires to make things like this happen to her, she can never catch a break. 

 

 

she's halfway through the book when she hears silverware falling on the floor and followed by lisa cursing in korean and it takes her back to when they were  in thailand. a heavy feeling settles in her stomach thinking about how different things were then compared to now. lisa's father would be disappointed in her if he found out she was making lisa feel bad. before she can stop herself, she puts the book down and slowly makes her way to the kitchen.

 

 

she wordlessly sits on the sink next to lisa who was putting the fallen utensils back inside the drawer, the thai girl crosses her arms around her chest and waits for jennie to say something. 

 

 

"look, i'm sorry. for making it seem like i was ignoring you, for not being a friend to you lately, im sorry." 

 

 

lisa's brows furrow as if she's internally debating whether or not to accept jennie's apology, but she sighs deeply before propping herself up beside her on the countertop.

 

"im sorry too, for being a little bit to emotional. i know you've got a lot going on unnie, and you like to keep busy, but we care. i just dont like being in the dark when it comes to you."

 

jennie takes lisa's hand in her own and its the most she's touched her all month. "you have nothing to apologize for." 

 

 

lisa smiles as jennie holds back a cough like she had done a million times. 

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

 

"alright give me one more take before we call it a day." teddy gestures to her from behind the see-through glass window of the recording studio they're in. after almost a year of waiting, they were finally given a comeback, and although the pressure scared jennie, she was ready to give it her all. she was not about to mess up and give ceo yang a reason to keep them locked in the yg building for a whole year again.

 

 

 

she flashes him a thumbs up in response. beside him, jisoo sticks out her tongue in an attempt to distract her, lisa elbows the older one slightly in the rib before motioning for jennie to carry on. 

 

music starts playing, jennie closes her eyes annd waits for her cue.

 

"Jigeum naega georeoganeun georin, blackpink 4 way sag-" jennie is taken back by how painful was getting. she felt like she had swallowed a stick whole and it was just stuck there no matter how much she swallowed. 

 

 

"I-I can't breathe." she leans against the wall for support, her one free hand grasping her neck as she wheezed. 

 

 

jisoo is the first to enter, wrapping herself around jennie as she leads the girl out from the booth to get some air, the rest of the girls follow while teddy calls for help on his phone, eyes never leaving jennie as he quickly talks to whoever was on the other line. 

 

jisoo sets her down on the couch directly behind where teddy was just standing a few minutes ago. jennie groans as she rests her head against the arm rest. 

 

 

"unnie, whats wrong, are you fine?" lisa kneels down next to jisoo and puts a hand on jennie's forehead. 

 

jennie would have laughed if she wasn't in so much pain. "-i'm okay." 

 

 

jisoo grabs apaper bag that once held takeout ramen from the table and brings it up to jennie's mouth, wordlessly nodding for the smaller girl that it was safe to cough. jennie looks at it unsurely. if she coughed in the bag here not only would they find out about the hanahaki, they would also know she was having feelings for someone. if they started asking questions.....

 

jennie feels the object scratching its way out of and before she can stop herself, she puts the bag against her lips and coughs. hard. she feels the flowers exit her system and the pain in her chest starts to subside immediately. jisoo is quick to take the paper bag from jennie and squeeze the opening shut before any of the girls could peer inside. 

 

chaeyoung rubs her back as lisa sits beside her, engulfing her in a side hug. 

 

 

"w-wa-"

 

"water? gotcha." jisoo pokes around her bag and throws an evian in jennie's direction, the smaller girl catches it weakly. chaeyoung glances at the two back and forth, ever so inquisitive. 

 

"you guys seem like you've done this before." 

 

it was an innocent statement really, jennie's sure chaeyoung is still in the dark about the issue but nevertheless her body goes into fight or flight mode. 

 

chaeyoung was catching up. 

 

 

"we're one person in two different bodies thats why everything we do is in sync." jisoo winks at her, chaeyoung rolls her eyes. 

 

"jennie are you okay? I called your manager, he says he'll be right up. in the meantime i'll talk to the staff to see if they can-"

 

 

"no its fine. im fine. just a little tired from all that singing i guess."
 

 

"if you were so tired you should have told me to stop. i'd never let you girls risk your health for work, you know that." jennie feels bad about lying to him but what could she do? any mention of this to ceo yang and her career was as good as dead. 

 

"im sorry-" she bows her head, "it wont happen again."

 

teddy sighs before patting jennie once on the shoulder awkwardly. it was the only way he knew how to help. 

 

"get some rest tonight, and if youre still feeling bad tomorrow i can schedule your part of the song at a later date. "

 

 

"thank you." she replies sincerely. teddy waves the group goodbye as he grabs his jacket and exits the room. 

 

 

lisa takes her hand and squeezes it reasurringly, doe eyes wide with concern. jennie wishes she could tell her and get everything off her chest without changing anything., lisa was one of her best friends, she had to know eventually, but at the same time, she knows the revelation will ruin their friendship. lisa will never love her the way she loves her, the hanahaki was a reminder of that. 

 

 

 

 

**

 

lisa corners her during their very first performance of ddu du ddu du

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter