3, 2, 1, Duel!

It's Time For A Duel

Bae Joohyun or better known under the name of Irene could call herself a good duelist but right now she doubted that very hard.

She was currently duelling a close friend of hers on the racing tracks because they got into a discussion whether pineapples on pizza were good or not. Thinking back, it is the dumbest topic to have an argument about.

But because she had her pride, she just had to challenge the other to a duel.


"I don't know whether they are idiots or just es", Yeri commented from the outside. 

"Both", Hwasa deadpanned, "they are like offended kids."

"Because they are kids", Joy said with a flat-face, "They ain't fake maknaes for nothing."

"But what makes me cringe is the fact that these cards are named after us", Yeri said once again.

"I'm asking myself where they got these cards anyway...", Wheein said questioning the two eldest friend she had.

"Go, Irene! You can do this!", Wendy suddenly screamed besides them which caused Moonbyul to encourage Solar. They end up fighting each other on who would win. 

"Idiots", all said at the same time.

Meanwhile, Seulgi was simply eating some Pringles while silently enjoying the duel.


"I'll end my turn", Solar said and grinned, "I expected more from you my dear!"

She was right. Pretty much all of her attacks were useless and it ended up hurting herself. Partly due to her opponenst unorthodox play style. Her deck is a Moon/Sun Deck which has monsters with different effects which depends on the position they were in. Also that they can summon each other when destroyed doesn't make it any better. Another factor might also be Solar's knowledge of her decks and its win conditions. 

Irene had to rely on the next card she is about to draw. The draw will decide the outcome. She will never let down her pineapples on pizza! 

"It's my turn!", Irene shouts and draws a card. Seeing the card, she grins and instantly played it. "I summon Ancient Fox Spirit in attack position!" A light circle forms and out of it jumps a little fox with several tails, a few orbs surrounding it. A glyph on it's forehead shone in a bright red. A display shows the stats of the monster. 

Solar raised an eyebrow. "Do you really think that will help you?" 

"I activate the effect of Ancient Fox Spirit! Once per turn I can discard a card from my hand to allow me to special summon a Level 4 or lower monster from my deck!" After announcing the effect she searched for the card she wanted. "Come forth, Moon Hamster Princess - Wendy!"

Once again a light circle formed and out of it jumped a female figure. Long black hair, shining green eyes and clad in a white kimono with elegant black patterns. 

"Tuner monster?!?"

"I activate the effect of Graveyard Guardian! By sending another card from my hand I can special summon it from the graveyard! Rise again!" 

"Solar! This is it! I tune my Level 2 Graveyard Guardian and my Level 2 Ancient Fox Spirit with my Level 4 Moon Hamster Princess Wendy!" Wendy turned into four green rings and the other two became transparent only their outlines could be seen. Four stars were visible, too.

"When spring arrives it gives birth to flowers enchanting the world with endless beauty! Scatter with the wind! Bloom, Cherry Blossom Princess Seulgi!" A princess appeared in a flurry of petals and hovered over Irene (just imagine Seulgi in a white/pink/violet hanbok and flowers in her hair).

"Keeping it to the very end, huh", Solar stated. She felt her heartbeat going quicker but it seemed not because of the duel...but for the duelist she is facing. She questioned the reason behind this half-way through the duel anyway. And she dueled the Queen of Games. What the hell did she thought to pick a fight with Irene. Well. At least she got a chance to duel Irene for once.

"Battle!", Irene shouted, "go my princess! Attack her Lunar Goddess Byul!"
"Are you insane! You're monster has no way to win (2500 Attack vs 3000 Attack)!"
"Let's see about this", Irene said with a grin, "Princess of the Cherry Blossom's effect activates when it battles another monster. It halfs the attack points of the monster it battles!"
"What?!?", Solar exclaimed in shock. A pinkish aura surrounded her monster reducing the attack points to 1500. "I activate my trap card Synchro Duality! By removing a Synchro Monster from my graveyard a Synchro Monster on my field gains the amount of attack points the removed monster has!"
Solar looked at Irene in shock. It was checkmate. No card she had could help her right now.
"I remove my Queen Of The Underworld Yerim from the graveyard! Yerim has 2500 attack points which means that my monster has 5000 Attack Points!"
A red aura surround the princess. Irene pulled her D-Wheel sideways so she can look Solar into her eyes.
Irene looked apologetic at the blonde-haired.

"Checkmate, I guess", Solar said and grinned.


Irene nodded and declared her attack. "Go, Seulgi! Thousand Cherry Blossoms!" Seulgi surprisingly to everyone attending gave Byul a quick peek on her lips and mouthing a what it seems 'Sorry' before putting distance between each other. Seulgi, with the power of Yerim who appeared behind her (with a sour expression), attacked with sharp blades made out of cherry blossoms, destroying the monster and reducing Solar's life points to zero.

A minute later both stopped on the circuit looking at each other.
"You were stronger than expected", Irene said.
"But I could also feel that you held back. At least slightly", Solar replied.
Irene didn't answer this question and only smiled slightly. "Chances, Solar."
Suddenly Irene drew Solar into a kiss. A long, passionate kiss, only parting when they ran out of air.
"I think I prefer this over pineapples on pizza", Solar whispered.
"Like wise", Irene replied quietly.

Meanwhile the crowd was speechless. They didn't expect that these two were going to kiss on a public duelling course. When they regained their composure Joy suddenly screamed from her seat.

"Yo! The both of you! We're in public! Do us a favor and find yourself a room if you want to make out!"

Irene and Solar who embraced each other realize that they are still standing in the middle of the circuit.
They quickly seperated.
"Well", Irene began scratching the back of her head, "how about a date, dear?"
"Awwwww. Bae being romantic", Solar said and quickly kissed Irene, "I'd love to. But please. No pizza."

"Well, everything for you, my love."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."


"When did they start to be a thing?", Wheein asked curiously. 

"Instead of asking that we should take care of these two", Yeri said annoyed and pointed at Moonbyul and Wendy crying in the corner.

"..."


Well. That's it for the story. That's what you get when I decide to mix everything with K-Pop. I didn't proof-read it yet so there might be (a lot of) errors. I hope you enjoyed the story, leave a comment down below if you want and like always I wish you a good day/night.

StarCv, out.