Illuminate Our Path! Go, Blue-Shining Cosmic Angel!

It's Time For A Duel

Featured Custom Card:

Blue-Shining Cosmic Angel is a Level 8 Synchro Monster with 2500 ATK and 2300 DEF. It can sent itself to the graveyard to negate the activation of monster effect(s), spell or trap card.

  • If the card was a monster, deal damage equal to the ATK points of the destroyed monster.
  • If it was a spell or trap card, you can return one card from your hand, field or graveyard to your deck.

In addition, all cards types destroyed by the effect, have their effects negated or can't be activated til the end of the turn. You can special summon the card from your graveyard during your end phase.

Attack Name: Cosmic Light

Effect Name: Selfless Sacrifice

 


 

Joy was a special individual. She had the power to turn mere holograms into real monsters. For that, she was feared and hated by those around her. Even her parents despised her and kicked her out of the house. 

She was all alone until Son Wendy came along. 

For the first time, both meet each other during one of Joy's rampages. While everyone was running away, Wendy was the only one to stand up. She noticed a darkness surrounding the young duelist's heart. The other girl ended up challenging Wendy to a duel which was interrupted when the police arrived. 

The second time, they meet each other, was during a tournament where they both made it to the finals. The duel was very prolonged and they exchanged blow after blow but, on accident, Joy injured Wendy with her ace-card Black Emerald Phoenix which exposed her as the girl behind all the destruction. The crowd began to ridicule and insult her which angered the duelist. She unleashed her full might and began mercilessly destroy everything, primarily Wendy who tried to talk her out off it and show her that she wasn't alone in this world. But Wendy's words fell on deaf ears.

Before more people could be injured, Wendy quickly ended the duel. Wendy attempted to reach out to the girl but a mysterious man escorted her out of the arena away from all hateful crowd.

Although Wendy didn't know that girl, she promised herself to find that girl. She wanted to show the young girl that she wasn't alone and that she wasn't hated by everyone.

Wendy swore to break the curse of the Dark Bird.

 


 

Wendy could feel the raw emotions emiting from the younger woman. It turned out that Joy had indeed a person she could rely on but the certain person died during an accident a week prior. With the death of that person, Joy reverted back to her closed off and hostile nature. She claimed that her only home was gone and that she had nowhere to go now. She was all alone again.

"I will destroy everything you ever cherished!", her opponent shouted which made Wendy's heart twist in pain, "Feel the absolute loneliness! Go, Black Emerald Phoenix! Fire Crystal Storm!" 

The phoenix released a torrent of fire shards which tore through one of Wendy's defensive monster and exploded, scorching the ground around them. The blast of the explosions threw Wendy backwards against the wall.

"Do you feel the pain?!?", Joy shouted out of her mind and laughed like a maniac.

"Wendy!", Seulgi shouted and wanted to help her bestfriend but Wendy gave her a sign that he was alright.

"Stay out of it. I'll see this duel to the end."

"Alright, Wendy", Seulgi muttered concerned. Wendy already received several powerful attacks and by the looks of it, she won't hold out much longer. 

"Why won't you surrender?!? Do you want to throw away your life like that? For a stranger that everyone hates?", Joy shouted when she saw Wendy standing up once again.

"As long that I can show you that not everyone hates you, I will gladly give up my life!", Wendy said determined.

"I don't need your lies! You will say that now but in the end everyone will hate me!"

"No! Because the beauty in your heart ", Wendy screamed and drew her card, "It's my turn!"

"I activate my trap card Beacon of Hope! With this card I can special summon a level 2 or lower monster from my hand, deck or graveyard. Come back, Hare of the Eleventh Moon!"

A rabbit with eleven markings on its forehead appeared out of the circle. Its eyes began shining white. 

"I will take all of your pain away! I will be your wan and only! The light that leads and protects you!"

"Shut up! your words are all lies!", Joy shouted back.

"If my words can't prove it then shall my action! I tune my level 4 Cosmic Guardian with my level 2 Hare of the Elventh Moon and my level 2 Star Scryer!"

Both level two monsters turned into stars while the level four monster turned into four rings surrounding the stars.

"Gathering stars forge bonds that will never be broken. May she be the guide that lights your path! Synchro Summon!"

A pillar of light enveloped the rings and the light gave way to the angel. 

"Embrace in light, Blue-Shining Cosmic Angel!"

"So you finally summoned her", Joy said, "this wretched monster...Then I'll activate the effect of Black Emerald Phoenix! Once per turn I can sent the top card of my deck to the graveyard to destroy a card on the field!"

"Vent out all your anger and hatred on me! I will take them all in! I activate Blue-Shining Cosmic Angel's effect! When a monster activates it's effect, I can sent her to the graveyard to negate the effect and destroy the monster! You will also suffer the ATK of the destroyed monster as damage! Go, Blue-Shining Cosmic Angel! Selfless Sacrifice!"

Cosmic Angel dashed at the Phoenix before it could unleashed an attack. She held it in a tight grip, her wings wrapping around the bird. The bird started to struggle and tried to free itself. It did everything he could do. He engulfed his mouth in fire and bit deep into the angel's shoulder. A pained scream came out from but she wouldn't let go. She channeled all her powers and she shone a bright blue. The phoenix roared once more before both vanished in a flash of light. 

All that's left behind was a blue sphere which soon exploded showering Joy with small crystal shards of varying colors.

"The monster", Joy began to say. She was beyond stunned. Wendy's monster seemed like she tried to ease the pain in her monster's heart by taking the pain onto herself.

"Yes, Joy! Just like me, Cosmic Angel fights for you! Let me lead you out of your misguided hatred! I activate my spell card, Cosmic Shower! With this card I can remove a Cosmic Monster from play to deal damage equal to half of the attack points of the banished monster!"

The stardust reformed and once again Blue-Shining Cosmic Angel hovered over Wendy. Joy's eyes grew wide when she saw the wounded shoulder of Blue-Shining Cosmic Angel and the pained yet determined look.

She suddenly snapped out of her rampage and realized that the girl in front of her meant only good. 

"I'll break this curse! I will erase every single trace of pain in your heart! Go, Cosmic Angel! Cosmic Light!", Wendy shouted and her monster summoned a staff and channeled her inner energy. She released blinding light wiping out Joy's remaining 1100 life points.

"Seungwan...thank you...", Joy whispered with a smile and fell on her knees.

Wendy walked over when Joy didn't moved from her spot. She faintly hear Joy sobbing.

"Joy...", Wendy started and sat in front of the younger duelist, "I heard your heart cry out for help so I responded to your cries."

"Even though you didn't know me...", Joy muttered between her sobs, "I still don't understand why."

"Because I saw the beauty in your heart and I can let a delicate rose like you suffer", Wendy began and gently held Joy's hands. At the touch, Joy looked up and starred directly into Wendy's eyes. And true to Wendy's words, she could only see warmth, love and gentleness in the eyes.

Joy pulled Wendy into a tight her hug. Maybe she wasn't alone afterall and maybe she really wasn't hated by everyone.

"Wendy...please make me feel loved."

"For you, everything."

 


 

Hello everyone :D

Surprised to see an update on this story? I'm surprised that I even wrote something in the first place. XD

I tried to orientate Wendy's ace monster as close as possible to her. So I went with the keywords angel, blue and selfless. The rest was merely a thing of imagination. Same applies to Joy where her keywords were bird, corrupted and green. 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I wish you a good morning/day/evening/night and Happy Valentines.

Stary, out!