17.

Dr. Song
[ I swear to fulfil, to the best of my ability and judgement, this covenant:
I will respect physicians in whose steps i walk and gladly share these knowledge who are to follow.
I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures required, avoiding traps of overtreatment.
I will remember the art to medicine, the warmth sympathy, and understanding may outweigh a surgeon's knife.
I will not be ashamed to say 'I know not' nor will fail to call in assistance from another for the needs of my patient.
I will respect the privacy of my patiends. To face them with great humbleness and awareness.]
 
Song JoongKi was gifted with a intelligent brain and good looking appearance. From his residency years to fellowship, he climbed high in his many years in the ER department. He was appointed as the director of the well-known discipline of Seoul Hospital at age of 40. He's the talk of many, be it his patients who know of his dedication, his staffs who know of his hands-on expertise and mostly females who wish he look at them a little longer when their eyes met. 
 
----------
 
"Why make yourself more busy when you're already married to the hospital?" JuHwan asked his bestfriend since university. JoongKi came up with the idea to open their own family clinic. Those where medical supplies are donated by charity organisation. He will source and make the presentation while JuHwan be one of the regular doctors on the list. With this, there can be rotation. They can still have their own free time. 
 
"Im single, thank you. Cant you have more responsibilites towards our lesser previlege community? I think this is a good way to give back to the society!" JoongKi eagerly shares his plan which he had been researching for years. A missionary trip to South Africa made him realised he's been living his life insufficiently. Seeing patients who made a scene at the payment counter when they could not afford the cost to save their family members pains him. It was then he started this intention. 
 
"My wife will kill me if i say ok. She's been asking me to marry you off so yu have one to look after and be kept busy with. Its because you are alone, you have time to fiddle with these issues. Do you need me to introduce? Yena has many single and still goof looking close friends. They would want a piece of you." JuHwan nudged his friend who rolled his eyes at him. 
 
"No thanks. Once was enough. I was nearly eaten up alive, if you recall." JoongKi shuddered at that memory. JuHwan laughed out loud. "Come on, you liked her giantic b*reast! Dont act innocent. I know how many woman you have bedded." The friends like brothers cheers their last glass of shoju and left hoem seperately.
 
----------
 
"Did you hear? The school girl went around asking can she pay her mother's medical cost with her v*irginity! Thats so absurb! But i tell you, i would take the offer if i have that kind of money in my bank. We young ones have no money. The salary of a fellow barely can buy us a decent apartment. What do you think? She's really one hot chick!" The younger doctors of interns, residents, fellows and junior medical officers were heard discussing over lunch at the canteen. JoongKi heard and shook his head lightly. '17 years old. What is this generation kids thinking.' He thought to himself while biting his food slowly. Placing his empty tray back, he was still lost in thoughts on the earlier topic he'd heard as he walked back to his standby booth.
 
Moon ChaeWon was desprate. Her mother was recently diagnosed stage 3 lung cancer and was told without the threatment, she might not have more than 15 months to live. She was devastated when the doctor told her when they were back to review her mother's report. She felt its was her fault for ignoring her mom's persistant cough, shortness of breath. Its not until she coughed blood did she drag her to the nearest hospital for check up. Her mother worked hard to give them bread and a roff above their head. Her father passes on very early when she's still a infant. Taking on many odd jobs, she barely rested. Finally into high school where she could shoulder some responsibilty, her mom disallowed her to get any sort of part time jobs. "This age, you'll get cheated. Look at how many girls acted stupidly. You can see that in school. Right? Why put yourself to such danger. I can still support us. You do not spend much too. I know its for me. But what i want is for you to study and be happy. I regretted not enjoying teenage days." Her mom persuaded her. She listened. She knows what she's referring to. She saw her school mates changed when they mixed with the wrong group after getting a job outside. Their parents came by the school many times. 
 
Their neighbourhood hospital told them they do not have the equipment to threat her mother. The other reason was the cost she would be be able to afford even if they can save her mother. ChaeWon looked up the internet in school to check the list of hospital that caters to her mother's sickness and the cost. She's here right now. The highly recommended hospital that has the latest technology and one which has many financial assistance. Yet, when she called to make an appointment, she was told a consultation fee of 150k won will be charged, excluding medicines or any other test taken. When she asked if there's any financial aids, the receiver of the call crudely tell her off,"Girl, dont waste our time if you cant even afford the minimum charges. We are all busy here. Talking to you means another person is dying. Goodbye." Her tears rolled down her cheeks. But her anger overtook her emotions as she ran off from the public phone booth to Seoul hospital. 
 
Arriving at the hospital, ChaeWon looked at the directory board and headed to counter. "Hello, i would like to see a doctor for my mother. She has lung caner, stage 3. Its been recently detected. Are there any financial aids? Her earnings are less than 1500 won a month. I read that this hospital has some sort of assistance." She saw the nurses eyes dimmed when they heard her mom's monthly pay check. They had nothing but disgust while keeping on that angel smile. "Hi. Im sorry to hear that. Yes, we have doctors specially on this discipline but due to the high cost of the treatment, even with the assistance, you might not be able to pull through. But here are the pamphlets which you may refer. If you would still want to go through the registration, i'll be right here." With a short thanks, ChaeWon walked away, wanting to find some place to digest the materials. "This girl is wasting our time. Dont think she's pretty we'll give a damn." She heard them and turned her head back at those big mouth nurses who sniggered at her openly. 
 
Her mother taught her the world is ruthless. Everyone has a motive. She hopes ChaeWon can keep her innocence. At least be a righteous and honest person. 'You reap what you sow' Her mother drilled that phase in her head since young. Although they are very poor, ChaeWon grew up filled with love. She lacks in nothing as she has what she needs. Having more than the basic is a luxury which she does not see signifies the happiness of a person. Yes, her class mates were all smiles when they showed off their latest bags or gadgets. To her, having a filled tummy and healthy mother gives her a good sleep. Letting out a sigh, she looked though all the leaflets. Not one is applicable to her. Most require a minimum monthly regular income inorder to get a loan at a lower intest rate, while others request a working statement as gurantor to pre-loan. She's not the legal age to work as a permernant. Clutching her head down, she was helpless.
 
It was her last resort. Her eyes shut tight, she recalled the girls talked about a part time job that pays very well. She was in the last cabin of their school toilet. "How was it? Did you buy this bag with that money? Is it really this much?" "Its really easy money. I mean i enjoyed too. Who dont? You girls cant deny that, right? Yea, i got this bag with the money i earned. I've scheduled another session later too." "Arnt you afraid? Rubber or raw?" "Rubber of course! But raw pays double! Im not that daring yet." It was then she realised what they were talking about. 'Selling your soul for money.' Her mother explained to her before. A woman's dignity is all about respecting yourself. But if thats her choice, she has to suffer the wrath from her decision.
 
"Can you pay for my mother's threatment fee? In-exchange i will sleep with you. I am a vi*rgin." It was her last resort. Walking up to those she presumed are doctors, those in white dust coat, those with stethoscope, she went to them. Both woman or man, she asked hysterically. Indeed, the grown-ups are monsters. More than half actually asked what condition her mother has. "There's no point saving. But i can give you alot of money for her funeral preperation." She swang their arm away from her wrist. She felt dirtied. She was resolved to do it yet she felt like vomited whenever they are keen on her offer. 
 
----------
 
Hiding at a corner, she squat down, her back leaned against a support. Her head bent down looking at her school shoes, her eyes warmed and tears welled blurring her sight. Mentally exhausted, her arms out-stretched on her knees. A shadow was approaching her, the hem of the white robe caught her attention. Impulsively, she griped before the material got away. She clutched on it tightly. The dark blue rubber shoes stopped.
 
JoongKi was jerked backwards. His thoughts broken. He turned but there was no one. He proceed to his destination but was held back again. This time round, he looked down at the source of the pull. Clovered like a fluff ball, he looked at the shivering frame. As he observed, he notice her downcasted face, her high pony tail, her crumpled school uniform. 'The girl?' His mind relates to it immediately. He was affirmed of it when she looked upwards at him. 'Her eyes are so beautiful even when it has so much sorrow in them..' JoongKi stilled. Apart from those watered eyes, her baby smooth fair skin shined, her cheeks glowed, her lips naturally puffed in reds. Her bangs covered most of her forehead but her lashes were long and curled evidently. He didnt realised he's been mesmerised. 
 
ChaeWon took a deep breath and took the leap. For her mother, she will do it. Lifting her head up, she froze at her spot when his face was clear to her. His eyes has a unexplainable depth. It held so much emotions she could drown. His hair short and messy, his thin frame specs on the bridge of his nose, his baby face confuse her with his actual age. He's a pretty boy, thats for sure. Their eyes met, she blinked, he blinked. They keep at it for a while before she opened her m*outh,"Can you pay for my mother's threatment fee? In-exchange i will sleep with you. I am a vi*rgin." JoongKi's breath stuck in his wind pipe as those sentence sings into his ears.
 
Letting out a exhausted sigh, JoongKi lowered himself down. In a similar sqauting position facing her, he looked directly into her eyes at the same level. 'Its even more lovely upclose.. if only there's no tears in them..' "How old are you? Its illegal you know that?" Being him, he wanted her to wash that motive away. "I'm 17 but i'll be 19 in 18 months. If you can wait. I wont tell if you cant wait." ChaeWon was surprised by his question. "I cant wait and i do not want to risk my career for a moment of folly. You should not make this mistake too. You are still very young. Your future is bright." JoongKi continued. He was honest. Her beauty is obvious, any man would fall to their knees for her. Its a given, similar to his. He was taken aback when she said,"The same price for raw. Please save my mother..." Her tears welled up again. JoongKi was dumbfounded.  
 
----------
 
"JoongKi! JoongKi! Did you? Were you tempted?! I heard she's a drop dead gorgeous high schooler! Tell me! What's your decision! Am i going to visit you in jail?!" JuHwan ran along the hospital lanes searching for his bestfriend. He'd heard from his intern about the astonishing incident that happened earlier on. Its the first where a minority trading s*extual deals in public. He wouldnt be this interested if his intern not tell him the last person involved with her was his bestfriend, the most eligible bachelor in this hospital. 
 
"What an idiot. How can you be a doctor? How is it possible that you're married?" JoongKi shug his shoulder to get JuHwan's arms off him. He knew things will blow out of proportion after what he's did. It has became a topic within the hospital. 
 
"She's 17 i warn you. No matter how s*exy she is in that tight uniform, dont give in to your urge! I will bring you to somewhere legal. Tonight." JuHwan continued teasing. Judging from his reply, his friend did not do the extreme but he definitely is hiding something. 
 
"JuHwan ah... I am going to claim my package... when she reach 19." JoongKi whispered into JuHwan's ears. His eyes widened to the size of two diners plate. 
 
"What.The.F*uck."