TWO

She's Merely A Lost Girl

 

 
     Jia has been cutting school since the last 3 days and just stayed home since Dongwoon took the courage to spit some truthful stuff about herself in her face, and right in front of the entire school. Her pride? Gosh, down the ing drain obviously. However, that is not the reason for her not going to school. It is something else, and it definitely has something to do with Dongwoon.
 
     The clock shows 12.06 midnight and she is still tussling about in her king-sized bed, feeling incomplete. Like there’s a thing that she has to finish up or she would literally die from frustration. She looks around, surrounded by stuffed animals, some of them are special edition, some of them are limited edition and most of them are custom made just for her. 
 
     She gets off the bed and drags her feet over to her study table (supposedly it’s called study table, but never works like one). She pulls out the drawer and takes out a white piece of paper given by her butler, on her order of course, which written Dongwoon’s address. 
 
 
     So she wonders, should I have the courage and go over to his house? What could be the reasonable and sensible reason for me to do so? Because he owes me a ing apology, that’s it.. Her lips curve into a cynical smile. Dongwoon has got to apologize on what he did to her the other day.
 
     Oh and what about me? I surely did a lot of dreadful things to him, and also to other kids at the school. Whatever, I’m not gonna give a damn about that. They all deserve it. All those faggots deserve it.
 
==
 
     Dongwoon who is listening intently to his favorite song is interrupted by a sudden pound of the front door. He wonders who that could be. 
 
     His hearts skips a beat as he finds the person who was about to bring the whole house down is Junhyung, all alone looking pissed and he has this grave look in his eyes. Dongwoon starts to perspire. OH DEAR LORD FORGIVE MY SINS AND TELL MY SISTER I LOVE HER TO DEATH EVEN WHEN SOMETIMES I ANNOY HER OR WHEN SHE FORGETS TO DO MY LAUNDRY.
  
     "What do you want?" His voice almost trembles.
 
     Junhyung doesn't budge to answer as he rolls up his dark gaze to meet Dongwoon's eyes and his pursed mouth curve in annoyance as he recalls back what his friends told him. So this is the dude who has humiliated his girlfriend and causes her to have depressing breakdown for these past few days.
 
     "This is why we don't let people like you live." The words come out smooth and Junhyung looks really neutral even when he's about to end someone's life.
 
     "Look," Dongwoon says as he eyes around his quiet neighborhood. Dammit. No one's here to be my alibi if I were to die tonight. He will never get his justice served. "Please, leave. I don't want any trouble and so do you. Please."
 
     "Too bad 'please' doesn't work with me."
 
     "What do you want?"
 
     "Your death certificate. And I want it bad, you motherer" Junhyung says as he lets out a humorless laugh.
 
     "That's not funny."
 
     "Well, was it funny to you when you grabbed Jia by her collar and smashed her body against the locker?" Junhyung doesn't look calm anymore as he grabs Dongwoon's collar. No more Mr. Nice. "Was it funny to you when you speak to Jia in such disrespectful manner? Was it funny to you to insult us? Was it funny to you to see her cry, you asslord?!"
 
     "I didn't make her cry. She deserved it as much we deserve justice okay!" Hurls Dongwoon, losing his patience as well.
 
     "Don't you speak to me like that you piece of !" Junhyung then swings his fatal punch from below at Dongwoon's jaw, knocking him down in a second. Junhyung hasn't yet recognized his victory as he walks inside, lifting Dongwoon up and punching him in the stomach. Dongwoon falls to the floor with a loud thud, helplessly.
 
     Seconds later blood starts to ooze out from his nose. As much he wipes it away, the blood won't stop flowing out. He starts to have headache. Dongwoon is aching all over his body and Junhyung still stands there, not moving a muscle but just watch him in despair.
 
     Dongwoon gathers his strength and gets up. He aims for the still Junhyung as he dashed towards him. He wants to push him by his waist but Junhyung manages to dodge the attack. Dongwoon jerks forward and fall down the stairs and on the ground. Another loud thud is heard.
 
     "You're just pathetic you know. You act like a ing hero when you really just a piece of worthless bag." Junhyung steps outside from Dongwoon's house to get him. He bends over, pulls Dongwoon's hair hard that it feels like breaking apart from the scalp and he stares deeply into Dongwoon's eyes with loath. Dongwoon stares back with equally intense raging passion as his hands tries to pull Junhyung's hands close to his own head as to reduce the pain from the hair-pulling.
 
     "Don't you ever cross the line again. You lift another dirty finger of yours and touch my sweetheart, I swear to God I'll let my black Alsatian eat your ing , you hear me?" Then he shoves Dongwoon's head before he spit onto Dongwoon's half-lifeless figure. He is hurt at every inch of hid body and despite the passing car on the nearest road, he lays there, hating himself for being in this mess.
 
     As he's about to close his eyes, having some rest after all the one-sided fight, a bright light up front distracts him and as he lifts up his arm to cover his eyes from the hurting light, the lights gets bigger in size until it stops beaming and hurting his eyes. Now what? More trouble?
 
     One pair of long legs comes running in his direction and it doesn't seem like a threat though. It is as if the legs are running at him, wanting to heal all the pain and makes him feel better again. 
 
     "Dongwoon?" A familiar sound of a concerned female's voice comes like a high-pitched squeal of his sister's who tells him off about something that tips her. But it's not his sister's voice, and certainly not his mom's as he never gets to meet any of his parents. Could it be the sound of angels' voice? Okay, angel's voice? Oh c'mon!
 
     "Let's get you inside." Jia grabs Dongwoon's by his arms and Dongwoon reluctantly leans on her. He recognizes this floral scent. Dongwoon's lazily opens his eyes and looks to his left. The bright orange dyed-hair. Hmm, seems even more familiar.
 
     Minutes later he sinks in the closest couch near the front door as Jia has only that much of energy left. She stares at the sight of the messed up Dongwoon and figures right away who did it.
 
     "I know you..." Dongwoon says through his broken lips when he finally gathers his senses and notices the helping stranger. Okay, she's not a stranger. "Look here, Jia or whatever your name is- I'm not worth it, I know that. And I don't want any trouble, not after what your stupid, jerkish, ish, disgraceful, ill-mannered, mentally ill, psycho boyfriend did to me, to which I don't appreciate his artwork." Dongwoon then runs his finger all over this body, pointing to himself. "This "'artwork'."
 
     "I know you don’t." she drawls. "And I'm not gonna add some more to your problems but-"
 
     "Shut up," he cuts across her sharply. "Game's over. All the problems are resolved now that your stupid, jerkish, ish-"
 
     "Dongwoon!" She yells at him and that silences him. "I need to talk to you." 
 
     "I have nothing to say. Oh wait-I do actually" He giggles at his foolishness. "My big sister taught me well. You see, she tells me to always be grateful if someone gives you a hand. You gave me a hand by helping me get inside my cozy house. So, thank you, bully. I don't know what's gotten into you but really, thanks for bringing me in. But I won't ever apologize for what I did to you the other day. Wanna know why?"
 
     "Why?" Jia swallows hard and bitter too. Exactly why she was here in the first place actually.
 
     "You ing deserved it you big bully!" Tears begin to blur his vision, his nose grows red, and he really hates himself for ever going to that stupid school. "I've never gotten into a fight before, and now that I have, I really hate myself for that. I'm a sore loser. I stood for my bully and her boyfriend took avenge on her. And you know what's worse?" Tears began to fall down his bruised cheeks. Jia remains silent as she waits for him to continue speaking.
 
     "Answer me? You know what's worse?!"
 
     "What?" Every time she tries to breathe, it still feels like suffocating. "What Dongwoon? What?"
 
     "My bully helped me get into my house and I even thanked her!" Dongwoon couldn't contain himself anymore. He was not raised in such violence. And her sister told to be good and not make enemies. And for some reasons, he failed to do so. He disappointed his sister. He loves his sister but too bad, she won't feel proud of him if she knows what happened. He was not a strong boy. If something bad happens to him, her sister would stand up for him and scold other kids for picking on him. Then the bad kids would apologize and then they would share toys or eat ice-cream together. And her sister would tell him to be man and don't give in to your bully. And he didn't. He did what his sister told him to do, but it didn't end well. He was not friends with the bad kids and never got to befriend with anyone after that. And he honestly hates himself for that.
 
     Jia slouches down in front of the couch, watching Dongwoon cries. He looks really messy in that condition. A condition with his cheeks blue, there's a cut on his bottom lips, his nose with a dried blood, his shirt covered in soil, almost vanishing its true color and most importantly his heart. His heart is not broken of love, but of cruelty by people his age, including herself.
 
     "I-I.." Jia is working really hard to come up with consoling talk to ease the tension but nothing comes out of . She never had any experience regarding this. She doesn't console people. She makes people feel bad.
 
     "Just leave..." Dongwoon chokes on his words. His voice is hoarse. "I don't wanna see your face anymore. Or your boyfriend's face. Or anyone from your stupid gang. Leave. Please."
 
     "Okay..." Her tears also fall unconsciously.
 
==
 
     Morning comes along, like yesterday, and the day before it. Dongwoon wakes up feeling sore from his body but almost better than last night when he couldn't sleep at all until he actually took a couple of painkillers. Ugh. It's time to head school now. .
 
     Hyojoo comes barging in with Dongwoon’s clean and neatly folded wardrobe. 
 
     “Mornin’ uri Dongwoon-ah.” To her surprise, Dongwoon looks nothing like the usual him in the morning as white bandages cover half of his face. Plaster on his nose and his lips swell from the small cuts. She carefully keeps away the shirts and approaches Dongwoon’s bed. She cups both of his cheek, triggering more pain to the wounds.
 
     “OMG! What happen to you?”
 
     Dongwoon pushes her hand, holding back the piercing feeling and wakes up. He completely ignores what his sister says and heads straight to the shower.
 
     “SON DONGWOON, DON’T YOU DARE TURN YOUR BACK ON ME.” His sister grabs him by his arm and Dongwoon winces in pain. There’s bruise everywhere on his body. Hyojoo quickly lets go.
 
     “Who did this to you?”
 
     “Some guy from school.”
 
     “What do you mean some guy from school?”
 
     “Just- some guy from school, Hyojoo. It doesn’t matter anyway.”
 
     “No. It does matter to me. You got beaten up badly and you expect me not to care?” Hyojoo glares at Dongwoon. How could he possibly look very laid back?
 
     “I gotta go to school. If you could just get out…”
 
     “I’ll get out okay, and come along with you to the school and teach whoever scum who did this to you.”
 
     “Hyjoon!” Dongwoon glares her sister in return. “Will you stop this?! It’s not like I haven’t had enough problem. Don’t you see? This is your fault in the first place. If you actually listened to me and not enroll me into that school, none of this would’ve happened.”
 
     Hyojoo tightens after hearing the embittered jibe by his brother. Dongwoon is equally furious by this entire situation as his chest rises up and down fast. 
 
     Hyojoo caresses Dongwoon’s blue cheek gently and it truly touches her little heart. Why did someone want to hurt his innocent brother? “Dongwoon-ah, I’m really sorry. I feel bad for you. I’m not a good sister. I don’t take care of you well enough. I’m sorry, I really am.” Her head lowers as she starts to cry. Her shoulder is shaking. Dongwoon sighs as he pulls her sister close and warm in his arm.
 
     “No. I’m sorry. This is not your fault. You’re a great sister. It was me. I was a coward. I shouldn’t have let him treat me like this. I’m sorry I make you worried.”
 
     Upon hearing Dongwoon’s soft mumble, Hyojoo cries even louder. She grasps his shirt tight as she feels really bad for not taking care of Dongwoon good enough. For putting him in this hideous mess.
 
     “Ouch,” Dongwoon jumps a bit. The tight grasp hurt his arm.
 
     Hyojoo raises her head and steps backward a little. “Opps, I’m sorry.”
 
     Dongwoon smiles. “It’s okay.” He cups his sister’s face and wipes away her tears with his thumbs. “Don’t cry. I’ll stay away from any trouble and I won’t make you sad again.”
 
     “You’d better do that,” her sister retorts jokingly. “Oh and maybe you should take a leave today.”
 
     “Really?” His face brightens up at that sentence.
 
     “Really.”
 
 
 
== (END OF SECOND PART)
 
 
 
 
~~~Don't blame me but I think my story gets dragged on...look, I'll try my best not to stray afar and gets back to its main theme... =='
Oh and THANK YOU FOR READING ^0^ REALLY MAKES MY DAY~
 
P/S: I guess it's not a two-shots…let's just see where this story actually ends okay? :'D