Five

Those Three Words

"Fill me up," Sana said while handing the glass back to the bartender, who refilled it with tequila.

She was never a fan of weddings. She doesn't understand where the hype is coming from. The guests spend an unreasonable amount of money to buy a gift that would only be stored up in a room or attic a couple of years from now. Not to mention the enormous expense of the bride, groom, and their families. It just wasn't practical.

Another thing was the pressure on single people who attend the wedding. There has to be at least one friend or relative who will be asking, "How about you? When are you planning to settle down?"

And true enough, she received too many questions in a span of four hours about her 'plans for the future' that she stopped counting eventually.

And even though she knows he's trying his best to hide it, Sana has caught the bartender throwing glances at her the moment she downed her 4th shot of tequila. And no, it wasn't one of those flirtatious looks or what not.

It was a look of pity. And it bugged her so much. But then again, can she blame him?

Like how lonely must a single woman in her 20s be to come to a wedding only to spend her time emptying the bar at the hotel reception?

In her defense, she never wanted to come anyways. If it weren't for her brother constantly tormenting her for the past few weeks, she wouldn't have thought of coming.

Don't get her wrong, she loves him very much. Considering she's the only girl among all the children and the youngest one, she always get pampered by her brothers.

It was the idea of seeing her parents and spending an entire evening with them that she dreaded. Call her ungrateful for all she cares. If there was a way for her to not see them for the rest of her life, she'd do whatever it takes to have that.

And if it weren't for this open bar (she already made a mental note to thank her brother soon for this awesome idea), she might have fleed this place a few hours ago.

Maybe it was because of the three consecutive shots, or having no sleep for the past 36 hours, or the 8-hour drive from the city to this place, but she was starting to feel dazed.

She leaned her forehead on the bar counter, hoping the cool marble would relieve some of the throbbing that's been going on in her head.

She probably felt too relieved that she started to doze off. If it weren't for the sound of light footsteps approaching her followed by the screeching sound of the metal stool beside her, she would've fallen asleep right then and there.

Curious on whoever her rival in this open bar was, she tilted her head sideways, a couple of her hair strands blocking her view.

"Scotch on the rocks, and put it on a coaster," the voice was sweet which unconsciously made her soft on the inside.

Wanting to get a better view of the person, she brought her hand up to her face to support her head while she ogled at the girl beside her.

Even with her vision slightly clouded, Sana could tell the girl was pretty. She was wearing a black plaid shirt, ripped jeans, and sneakers while her curly, chestnut hair fell down perfectly at her waist.

The girl, on the other hand, must've felt the pair of eyes scrutinizing her because she turned to Sana's direction.

"Didn't your parents ever tell you it's rude to stare?" she said with a smirk.

"Just for the record, the only thing I learned from my parents was how to be a ty parent which they're very good at," Sana retorted, unfazed at the girl's smirk. "I'm sorry for staring, but I think I've seen you before."

The other girl chuckled while shaking her head, "Really? Of all the lines in the book, that's the one you use. You have no idea how many times that has been used on me."

"Did it work?" the girl shook her head, still smiling. "Well in my defense, I'm not really in my game tonight."

"Sure doesn't look like it."

Sana stared for another two minutes at the girl, which made her laugh at her.

"Can you please stop doing that?"

"Sorry, force of habit," Sana said as she shook her head, attempting to wake herself up. "I can't help staring every time  I see a pretty girl."

"Try again," the brunette replied, concealing a grin.

"Screw it. Can we just start over? Hi, I'm Sana. And you are?" she mused as she extended her hand towards the girl.

"Ah finally, a proper introduction. I'm Jane," she replied as she shook the other's hand.

"Assuming from the way you look, I don't think you're here for the wedding."

"Are you implying I crashed just for the open bar?"

"I'm not saying anything," Sana said as she raised both of her hands to prove her point. "And to be honest, I find deviants attractive."

With this, the brunette blushed. It was hidden behind her already flushed cheeks--thanks to the alcohol-- so she didn't bother hiding it.

"For your information, I am not a deviant and I did not crash. I'm the wedding planner. I didn't think it mattered if I showed up wearing casual clothes, Miss...?"

"Minatozaki."

"Mina--you're from the groom's side?"

"Yup. That butthead is my brother."

"Oh really. Now that I think about it, you do resemble him."

Sana frowned at the comment. She never liked being compared to anyone. Especially when it comes to her siblings.

The other girl was too preoccupied with her drink that she did not see the grimace on Sana's face, which she immediately recovered from.

From the outside, Sana looked like she's spacing out. But in her head, there was already a debate going on.

Her brother made her promise last night to not hit on anyone during the wedding. He knew her very well, and he was afraid she might hit on one of his bride's friends and be the cause of their first married couple fight.

But technically, the wedding was two hours ago. So she won't be break her promise not to hit on anyone "during" the wedding.

And she knows she deserves to have some fun tonight after an extremely stressful week.

First, the manager of her building announced that it will be having its renovation two weeks from now, which means she'll have to live somewhere else. This isn't much of a problem since she's sure she could crash in Lisa's place for the time being.

But oh how she hated packing. She'd have to arrange and put all her stuff in boxes and it would take up her entire weekend.

Second, was her assignment to a new office. Her boss thought she was "too good" that he wants her to take over the new branch located on the other side of the city. Now Sana would have to wake up an hour earlier everyday. Not to mention how long she would have to drive to get to work.

And to top all these, someone has been stealing her parking spot for the whole week.

In her old office, there has been an unspoken rule that the bosses get the best parking spaces. And she didn't mind at first since she knew all the employees are new and probably didn't know that. But it happened again and again for the rest of the week.

By Wednesday, she decided to observe all her staff and find out who the owner of the white Harley Davidson was. But unfortunately, no one from her staff owned it.

Meaning, the owner was from the other departments. So she gave up all hopes of finding whoever that person is.

With all these in mind, Sana was more than convinced that she deserves a break. Which means a one night stand with whoever she pleases.

"Ran out of pick up lines?"

She turned to face the brunette with her patented Sana Minatozaki -dropping smile, "I figured out you can't be charmed by pick up lines. So I think I'll just try this new method I'm not quite familiar with."

"Which is?"

"Being up front. I got a hot tub in my room upstairs. What do you say we go try it out?"

Sana thought for sure the girl wouldn't say no. She was Sana Minatozaki for crying out loud. She didn't have to do much to get someone to say yes to her.

So to say she was surprised when the girl declined would be an understatement.

"I'm sorry, I got a hot tub in my room too. And I would rather try it out by myself."

She sat there with slightly open as she watched the brunette exit the bar.

But as if the universe wanted to give her one last chance, she saw small, shiny objects at the floor right beside her stool. Keys.

She quickly stood up, almost losing her balance from the abruptness of the action, grabbed the keys, and darted to the door.

"Hey miss--"

She stopped to her tracks as she saw the girl who was now patting her pockets frantically, standing beside a familiar car.

A white Harley Davidson.

*****

It was a Saturday. Which means Kim Jisoo didn't have to get her sister's usual coffee, but she insisted. Which got her sister grinning who was currently preparing breakfast.

"I thought you hated coffee shops, Chu."

"I still do. I just thought about what you said before and I do think I should make it up to you for feeding me edible food."

"So it's not because of a certain pink-haired person?" her sister asked with a chuckle. In which she responded by throwing a ball of paper at her before leaving the unit.

She has been getting her sister's coffee for two weeks now and you would think by now she's already used to it, but she still forgets to bring a coat with her. Every single time.

She would always arrive at the coffee shop freezing. And if it weren't for her hatred on coffee, she would probably get herself one too. But being the stubborn person she is, she always opted not to.

The pink-haired lady was nowhere to be seen which is why she managed to say the right words to the cashier this time. It took longer than usual for her order to arrive since the place is packed with customers.

She turned the volume of her ipod up in an attempt to drown the noise coming from the group of teenagers beside her, when a guy approached her table and sat on one of the chairs.

She didn't care at first even though it seemed a bit rude for him to not ask for her permission.

And she would've just let it slide if he didn't start talking to her.

"Hey gorgeous. I can't help noticing you over there. I was wondering if you could do me a favor and write your number her," then he handed a tissue and a pen.

Jisoo tried her best to calm herself down. She didn't like guys like these. And thank God there are people around or else she would have given him a piece of her mind.

"No, I don't give my number to strangers," she said along with a polite smile.

She thought the guy would now leave her alone, but he moved his chair closer to her, almost closing the gap between them.

"Come on, stop playing hard to get," the guy prodded with a wink.

Jisoo balled uo her fist and was about to make a scene when someone interrupted.

"Don't you understand what no means? Or do you want me to translate it in another language for you?"

She turned around to look for the owner of the voice and was surprised to see the pink-haired lady.

"Fine, maybe you could give me your number instead," the guy said as he touched the lady's hand.

Before Jisoo could even interfere, the lady took the guy's hand and twisted it before kneeing his crotch, which got a loud yelp from him.

"Now I don't know if I made it clear already, but I want you to leave this place and never come back."

The guy didn't need to be told twice and left the coffee shop as quick as he can.

Jisoo turned around to look for the lady so she could thank her. But she was gone.

As she was about to leave after receiving her order, she heard voices from the door near the counter. So she searched for whoever those people are and saw the pink-haired lady and the manager talking.

"Injuring a customer? You've only been here for less than a month, Roseanne. I thought mom and dad made it clear that they want an attitude development from you and not more trouble."

"But unnie, the girl was being harassed. Am I supposed to just stand there and listen? It looked like she can't stand up for herself."

Jisoo felt offended and was about to turn around and walk away when the older lady spoke again.

"How do I know you're telling the truth and not just one of your attempts to get away from the consequences of the trouble you cause?"

The room fell silent for a moment and whatever plan Jisoo had of leaving completely vanished.

She knocked on the door, which made the two women look at her.

"I can't help overhearing your conversation over here and I would just like to clear things up. She's telling the truth, the guy was being a jerk and she saved me."

The manager looked appalled at the confession, probably not expecting her sister was telling the truth.

"I'm still gonna add a few extra hours on your shift for the rest of the week just to teach you not to PHYSICALLY fight back to customers."

With that, the older woman left, leaving Jisoo and the pink-haired lady together.

"Thanks a lot," the pink-haired lady said with a sneer, which got Jisoo confused.

"Was that sarcasm?"

"What do you think?"

Confused was not enough to describe the state Jisoo was in at the moment. By now she was utterly lost.

"I don't understand. I just saved your there."

"Additional hours on my shift is what you call saving?"

"Excuse me, but if I didn't step up and saved you, you would've gotten much worse."

"No," the lady stepped closer to her, "I had a plan on how to get away with it without the extra hours being added up on my shift."

"You could at least say thank you for the nice gesture."

"I already did"

"I was hoping a more sincere one"

"Sorry, sincerity is not my thing," the lady said with a chuckle before leaving the room, leaving Jisoo with one question in mind

What is it about me and why are s drawn to me?