Round 18 - The Other Deep And Dark Secret

Me And The Boy Next Door

 

Ella looked up at Chun, still could not believe what he just said to her grandpa. “Oh, and I can see why you got the heart of my lovely princess. Hen Shuai. Handsome guy, handsome guy.” Groovy grandpa said. Chun smiled at the elder man, and bowed in respect. “I'm glad to finally meet you. Ella have told me nice things about you.” he said. “Oh, I know she did.” Groovy grandpa said. Ella let out a nervous smile at her grandpa and held onto Chun's arm. “Eh, grandpa... would it be OK if I talk to my boyfriend for a while?” she said, stressing on the word boyfriend. She looked up at Chun, and glared at him while smiling. “Oh, sure. Take your time.” Grandpa said. Ella nodded her head, and then dragged Chun out of their house.

 

“What the heck are you doing?!” Ella hissed at him as soon as they were alone. “What am I doing? I'm doing you a favor! Didn't you begged me to act like your boyfriend?” Chun said. “But you turned me down!” she said. “But I agreed at the last minute.” he said. Ella let out a sigh. Just as she was about to tell the truth to her grandpa, but Chun came and saved her. She is thankful for him, but she is surprised because of what he did. “All right, Chun. Thanks for the help. Now how will I explain everything to grandpa. For sure, he will ask a lot of questions to me.” she said. Chun gave her a confused look. “Questions? Like what?” he asked. “Like how we met, what's your impression of me, how many years we are together, if we have done 'that'...” she said.

 

At the last thing Ella said, Chun burst out laughing, which irritated her. Ella folded her arms and glared at him. “Can you stop laughing now?” she said. “He... will... ask... 'that'?” Chun said in between laugh. “If my grandpa had the guts to ask me that question over the phone and through email, I swear he will ask that stupid question to us.” she said. “So what should I say? His granddaughter is good in bed?” Chun asked. With that, Ella stepped on his foot hard, making him flinch in pain. “You're welcome, Ella Chen!” Chun hissed at her. “For Pete's sake I have no boyfriend since birth! Do you expect me to jump into bed with some guy I just met?! I am not as erted as you!” Ella hissed. Chun smirked evilly at her, and then looked at her closely. “So, you're still a ?” he asked. “Hell, yes! And I can still wear white when I get married!” she hissed at him. Still Chun laughed at him. Ella could only shake her head in annoyance. “Fine, laugh all you want, Mr. ert. I think I'll go inside and tell grandpa that this is all a misunderstanding.” Ella said.

 

As Ella was about to go back inside the house, Chun stopped her. “Wait, wait. Don't do that!” he said. Ella gave him a confused look. “Why?” she asked. “Your grandpa will get mad at you if he found out that we're not really together. And are you sure you want to marry a complete stranger? What if he is a mafia head? Or a nerd? Or a psycho? Or an maniac? Or a bad person?” Chun said. Ella paused, and realized the Chun is right. She didn't want to marry the guy his grandpa chose for her, so she should just go with Chun's lies. “And besides, this favor is not for free. You know what they say... you scratch my back. I'll scratch yours.” he said. He rubbed his hands, and smiled evilly at her. Seeing that somewhat erted look on Chun made Ella a little scared, so she immediately covered her chest with her arms. “No. I won't give up my ity just because of you.” she said. Chun laughed as he shook his head. “It's not that, stupid! I mean, if I ask a favor from you, you should agree to it no matter what. And I'm not talking about 'that'.” he said. “Just make sure that it's not 'that'!” Ella shouted at him.

 

Chun could only sigh at Ella. “Nightmare is about to start, I guess. Good thing we're just pretending. If she is my real girlfriend, I would dump her at this very moment.” he thought. “So, what should we do now?” Ella asked. “Go and buy some time from your grandpa. Then, we'll sneak out to plan everything, OK?” he said. Ella nodded her head, and went back inside the house.

 

--

 

And they ended up at the park to plan their Plan Z.

 

“How did we met?” Ella said. “You tell your grandpa that we are childhood friends. We saw each other again at the reunion. You asked for my number -” Chun said. As Chun was speaking, Ella gave him a dubious look. “Hey, I asked for your number? Why would I want your number in the first place?” she said. Chun let out a sigh. “Fine. I asked for your number. Then, we started going out and on our fifth date, you kissed me.” he said. “I kissed you?!” Ella said hysterically. “OK, I kissed you. Satisfied?!” Chun said in an annoyed tone. “Or maybe not. I think it would be better if we tell him that on our fifth date, I told you that I really liked you. So, I courted you. After three months, you answered me. Simple as that.” Chun said. Ella nodded her head as she memorized the details. “OK, OK...” she said.

 

--

 

“And that's how we met.” Chun said to grandpa. He looked at Ella lovingly as he put his arms around her. Groovy grandpa smiled at the two “lovers”. “I see. That's great. So, you've known each other since childhood?” Groovy grandpa said. “Yes, grandpa.” Ella said as she rested her head on Chun's shoulder. “So, do you guys have plan of getting married?” Groovy grandpa said. “We are talking about it. But we're still young... maybe one day I will pop the question to her.” Chun said. He smiled at Ella, and then planted a kiss on her forehead. “Aiyo, you two are as sweet as pudding. Don't be too sweet, or the ants will bite you.” Grandpa said, winking at the two. Chun and Ella could only laugh at what he said. “Well, I guess it's time for me to leave you two love birds alone for the mean time. I need to rest.” he said. “OK, grandpa. Sleep well.” Ella said.

 

Chun and Ella watched grandpa as he walked upstairs. As soon as he is out of sight, the two sighed with relief. “I never thought this could be hard...” Ella said. “Relax, OK? We'll both get used to it.” Chun said. Then, Ella took his hand, and smiled at him. “Thank you, Chun. Thank you for today.” she said. Chun smiled back at him. “You're welcome. That's what friends are for. They support even the craziest idea you have.” he said. “I'm really thankful of you, Chun. From that stage I had with Sphinx until now, you were always here, helping me. Don't worry, if you need my help, I won't hesitate at all.” she said. Just then, Selina came down, and saw the two sweetly. “Awww... don't tell me you guys aren't pretending anymore? That's so sweet!” she cooed. Ella glared at her cousin angrily. “Shut up.” she said.

 

She ignored Selina as she turned to Chun. “How about this... let's go out, and I'll treat you out for an ice cream. You love ice cream, right?” she said. Chun could not believe what she said. He never thought she would remember something about him. “How did you know I love ice cream?” he asked. “In the same way you knew that I love sunflowers and that I'm allergic to shrimps.” she said. As they stood up to leave, Chun's phone rang. Ella paused, and looked at him as he took his phone. She saw how his face turned pale, then he turned his phone off. He turned to her, and smiled. “Let's go?” he said. Ella smiled at him, and nodded her head.

 

--

 

“He hung up again?!” Fang Fang said as she put the phone down. It was been days since he was trying to reach his grandson. “What is wrong with that boy? He always hungs up on me! Just because he grew up in Australia, it means that he have to forget his manners!” she said angrily. “Grandma, relax. Maybe ge is busy. You know how he is...” Ah Ben said as he sat on the couch and munch on the apple. “But this is unacceptable, Ah Ben! He is back now, and there are matters to be discussed with him!” Fang Fang said.

 

She shook her head, and let out a sigh. “That boy... I don't know what is going on with him...” she said. “Nai nai, maybe ge doesn't want to marry that girl you want him to marry. Maybe he already knew the reason why you are calling him.” Ah Ben said again. With that, Fang Fang looked at her grandson. “Doesn't want to marry the girl I chose for him?” she asked. Ah Ben nodded his head. “He agreed to you, yes, but that was because he was too young back then and you tricked him into saying yes.” Ah Ben said. With that, Fang Fang took a pillow, and threw it at his grandson. “Why you little rascal! I did not trick Chun into agreeing with me to marry the girl I chose for him! He agreed wholeheartedly!” Fang Fang shouted at him. Ah Ben just laughed at his hysterical grandmother. “Nai  nai, I think you should just let ge do what he wants to do.” Ah Ben said. Fang Fang shook her head in disagreement. “No. Bu hui ba. Not him. He is not as insolent as you are.” Fang Fang said.

 

“Nai nai, if you really need to talk to ge about his marriage, why don't you go and give him a surprise visit. That way, he will have no other choice but to talk to you.” Ah Ben suggested. Fang Fang looked at her grandson, and let out an evil smile. “Good idea, son. No wonder, you are my grandson.” she said. Then, she turned to call her butler. “Butler Yi! Ready the car. We're going to Taipei.”

 

--

 

Ethan was awakened by a loud knock on the door. He got out of his room, and then headed to the door to open it. “What is it?” he asked as he yawned. “Where is my grandson?” the woman asked. Ethan scratched his eyes, and as he opened it, he saw Chun's grandmother, Fang Fang by the door. “Nai nai! W-what are you doing here? Does Chun knows you're here?” he asked. “It doesn't matter if Chun knows I'm here or not. Where is Chun?” she asked. Before Ethan could answer, he heard Nicholas calling him. “Hey, Ethan! Who is it?” he asked. Ethan looked back at him. As Nicholas looked outside, he was surprised to see his step grandma by the door. “G-grandma?” he asked in a shocked tone. “Nice to see you, Nicholas. Now, where is your step brother?” she asked. Nicholas could only point upstairs.

 

Fang Fang went inside the house, walked up to Chun's room. As she was a step closer, Chun opened the door, and was shocked to see his grandmother in his house. “Uh-Oh!” he thought. “Wu Ji Chun!” Fang Fang shouted at her grandson. Chun immediately retreated back to his room, and locked the door. He leaned on the door so that his grandmother wouldn't be able to come in. “What is grandma doing here? She is not supposed to be here!” he thought as he panicked. Then, grandma knocked on his door. “Wu Ji Chun! Open up this door! Why are you like this?!” he heard her say. “I have to think of something. I have to...” he thought. He looked outside the window, and saw Ella getting her bag. “No! Don't go yet!” he thought. He ran up to his desk to take his phone. He went back to the door, and leaned on it so that his grandma won't be able to come in. He immediately dialed Ella's number.

 

After a few rings, Ella answered it. “Hello? Chun?” Ella said. “Ella! Get your here at my house. Now! Pronto!” he said. Ella looked outside the window, and saw Chun leaning on the door, as if blocking someone to come in. “What's going on?” she asked. “Just get your here now! I will explain it to you later! Go now! My life depends on you!” Chun said as he panicked. “Then can you at least tell me why?” Ella asked. “I thought you promised you'll return the favor to me without any hesitation? Come on, Ella I've got no time! Get here now!” he said. Then he ended the call.

 

“Wu Ji Chun! Open this door now and face me!” Chun heard his grandmother shout. He took a deep breath, and then he turned around and opened the door. “Grandma!” he said, smiling at him. Fang Fang gave her grandson a confused look. “Wu Ji Chun, what is wrong with you? Did I scare you that you have to lock yourself up in your bedroom?” she asked as she folded his arms. “Grandma, I just woke up. And I have to dress up so that I won't look indecent in your eyes.” he excused. Fang Fang looked at him from head to toe. “Dress up, huh? You're still topless.” she said. Chun look at his body, and saw that he is only wearing a pajama, and nothing on his bare chest. Chun took a shirt from his chair, and put it on.

 

Fang Fang went inside his room, and looked around in disappointment. “My God, Wu Ji Chun... how can you live in such a mess!” she said. “Uhh... you see grandma, I've been busy lately so I didn't have much time to clean the room.” he said. Fang Fang sighed, and shook his head. “That's why you need to get yourself a wife. Good thing my good friend is home now. We have to meet him and his granddaughter, so that we can arrange your marriage.” she said.

 

Meanwhile, downstairs, there was another knock on the door. Ethan opened it, and saw Ella. “Where is that chicken face? He called me here.” she said. “He's upstairs with his grandma.” Nicholas said. Ella sighed, and went straight up to his room.

 

“Grandma... you see... about that...” Chun said as he scratched his head. “There is no better time than now, Chun. You have to meet and marry my friend's granddaughter.” Fang Fang said. “But grandma, I'm not yet ready. Besides, I just opened my shop. It's not a good time for me to marry...” he pretested. Fang Fang smiled at him, and cupped his cheeks. “My dear boy, believe me, you are ready to get married. I want to see my great-grandchildren before I pass away...” she said. Chun shook his head. “No way. Grandma is still strong. I'm sure even if I marry late, you will still see my kids. Don't talk like that...” he said. “Aiyo, Chun. You promised grandma. You have to keep your promise, all right? I will call my friend later so that you can already meet his granddaughter.” she said.

 

Chun let out a sigh, and sat on his bed. He can't let his own grandma run his life. And besides, it doesn't count as a promise. She tricked him into making that promise by buying all the toys he wanted when he was still a kid. “I really can't, grandma. Because, you see...” he said. Fang Fang frowned at him as she listened to him speak. Just then, Ella came inside his room. “Chun?” she called. Chun looked up, and let out a smile of relief. “Ellie!” he said. His face lightened up upon seeing her. She is a real lifesaver. Fang Fang looked at Ella from head to toe. “Baobei! You're here! Sorry, I just woke up.” he said as he walked up to her. He gave her a kiss on the cheek. Ella could only give him a confused look. “What's the meaning of this, Chun?” she asked in his thoughts. “Just go on and pretend to be my girlfriend, all right?” he answered in his thoughts.

 

Chun put his arm around her, and then looked at his grandma. “Oh, grandma... by the way, this is Ella, my girlfriend. Ella, this is my grandma.” Chun said. Ella smiled at the elder woman. But Fang Fang just looked at her from head to toe. Then, she rolled her eyes at her. “What's wrong with her?” she whispered to Chun. Chun just shrugged his shoulder. “Eh, grandma. I'm so glad you're here. I really wanted you to meet of my girlfriend...” he said.

 

“I don't approve of her.” Fang Fang said. Chun and Ella was surprised at what she said. “What?” Ella said. “But grandma, we love each other!” Chun said. “I said I don't approve of her. Look at her, she's chubby. Her hips looks as though as she's not yet ready to give birth. She's flat chested, and can easily be mistaken for a boy.” Fang Fang said. Ella looked at herself, unable to believe what Chun's grandma said about her. “What?” she asked again. “And look at her? Is the only word she knows is 'what'? I bet the girl you're supposed to marry is much prettier that her!” Fang Fang said. Ella looked at her with disbelief. “Excuse me, but are you insulting me?” she asked. “And look! She doesn't even know that I'm insulting her!” Fang Fang said.

 

Ella could feel the blood rushing up to her head due to anger. Now she knows where Chun got his bad attitude. “Excuse me, but I can't ruin my day being insulted by this.... this old woman!” she said in anger. With that, Ella stormed out of his room. Chun followed her with his look. “Ellie!” he shouted. “Go to hell, Chun!” she shouted at him.

 

--

 

“I hate that Chun! I hate that stupid chicken face!” Ella said as she got inside the house. Selina and grandpa looked at her, and they could tell how angry she is. “What did Chun do this time?” Selina asked. “Oh, you two had a lovers' quarrel, huh?” grandpa teased. “It's not a lovers' quarrel, grandpa. It just so happens that his grandma arrived. He called me to meet her, and the only thing I get in return is insult from her!” Ella said.

 

With that, grandpa put down the newspaper he is holding. “His grandma insulted you?” he asked in a formal tone. Ella nodded her head. “She was saying that I'm ugly and a bimbo!” she said. Gu Bao Ming shook his head in anger. “Nobody insults my princesses that way. Not even you! And what did that boyfriend of yours did? Did he stood up for you?” he asked. Ella shrugged her shoulders. “No, I guess... I... I left before he could do or say anything.” she said. Groovy grandpa stood up from his seat, and put his hand on his waist. “Well then, let me teach that young man and his grandma a lesson. No one messes up with my granddaughters!” he said.

 

--

 

“Grandma, listen to me. I love Ella. And she is the one I'm going to marry!” Chun argued as they went down the stairs. Fang Fang covered her ears, and shook her head. “I am not listening to you, Ji Chun. You are not going to marry that girl. Over my dead body!” she said. Chun paused, and sighed in frustration. He looked at Ethan and Nicholas, begging them to help him out, but the two could only shrug their shoulders. “But grandma, you shouldn't have insulted my girlfriend that way. She's pretty. She loves kids. She's a smart woman. She's a DJ at a popular radio station here in Taipei... what is there not to like about her?” Chun said. Ethan and Nicholas exchanged meaningful glances, and then snickered. Chun heard, them, and then threw an angry glare at them. “No! She isn't perfect for you, Chun. I still want you to marry the granddaughter of my friend.” Fang Fang said stubbornly.

 

Then, they heard a knock on the door. Ethan looked outside the window, and saw groovy grandpa, Ella and Selina outside the door. He could see the anger registered in grandpa's face “Uh-oh, this doesn't look good...” Ethan said. Chun immediately rushed to the door, and opened it. The first thing he saw is groovy grandpa, glaring at him angrily. “Grandpa, be easy on my boyfriend.” Ella said. Chun let out a nervous smile as he greeted her. “Young man, I heard that your grandma insulted my Ella.” he said angrily. “Eh, grandpa, I'm really really sorry about that. But I explained everything to my grandma now...” he said. “But your grandma still insulted my princess! I can't let her get away with this. Where is she? Tell her to come out and face me. If she have any problems with my Ella, she should face me!” groovy grandpa said angrily.

 

“Chun, who is that?” Fang Fang asked. She went to the door, and saw Gu Bao Ming. She was surprised to see him. Grandpa, on the other hand, is just as surprised as she is. Both of them gazed at each other for a long time, and then they smiled at each other “Fang Fang...” he whispered. “Ah Ming...” she said softly. “It's you... it's really you...” he said. “After all this years, you are still as handsome as the last time I saw you...” Fang Fang said. Chun and Ella gave each other a confused look. “Excuse me... but what's going on here?” Selina asked. Fang Fang turned to Chun and smiled. “Ah Ming is my ex-boyfriend.” she said. Ella and Chun was shocked at what she said. “What?!” they shouted in unison. Gu Bao Ming nodded his head in confirmation. “Yes, she is.” he said, smiling at Ella. “And his grandson is the one you are supposed to marry, Ella.” he said.

 

Ella looked at Chun. Chun is her childhood enemy. Then, he became her next-door neighbor. Then, a partner-in-crime. Then, a fake boyfriend. And now, he turned out to be the man she is supposed to marry. “And Chun... Ah Ming's granddaughter was the one you were supposed to marry. Chun looked at Ella. Ella is his childhood enemy. Then, she became his next-door neighbor. Then, a partner-in-crime. Then, a fake girlfriend. And now, he turned out to be the girl he is supposed to marry. “What?!” they both shouted in unison.

 

--

 

Hebe sneaked outside the house of Allen and Jayden. As expected, Nicholas is at their house. “I wonder what this guy is doing here all the time?” she thought as she peeked at the window. “Thanks for coming here again, Nicholas.” Allen  said. Nicholas smiled at Allen  and nodded his head. “Of course. Anytime that you need me...” he said. Allen smiled back at him, and pinched his cheeks. Then, she saw Allen get down on the floor. “OK, here goes...” Nicholas said as he took off his coat. Then, he laid on the floor as well.

 

She was unable to take what she saw. She is too shocked to even find out what the two are doing. “Oh my... Nic is really gay!” she thought. With that, she immediately ran up to her own house. Shortly after she left, Nicholas got up from the floor. “Hey, are you really sure that damn TV table is really screwed on the floor?” he asked Allen . “It is, so just help me unscrew this will you...” Allen said. Nicholas sighed, and then got back on the floor to try and unscrew the TV table. He sighed as he looked at him. "You guys are weird..." Nicholas said.