⬦ episode 1 ⬦

⬦ PRODUCE100 ⬦ ft. SM ENTERTAINMENT ; PICK YOUR BOYS & GIRLS [CHAPTER 1 IS OUT!!!]
 

   episode 1

🔊  

In a white room, a boy and a girl clad in uniforms picked up a marker as they began scribbling on the white walls. The narrator starts to speak and the walls fill up with the dreams and messages from the boys and girls.

"Right here are 100 boys and girls dreaming for a brighter future. For their dreams, they train and practice every single day. Upon asking 'what is trainee life to you?', one trainee said 
'It's like an eternal train ride.' -Hong Minseok (Pledis, 8 months)
'Like a tireless second hand' -Moon Jinhwa (Maroo, 1 year 9 months)
'It's like we're stuck in a maze with no way out.' -Moon Jeongyeon (SM, 6 years)

These boys and girls are in a constant race against time, as they finally get to face themselves and come true to themselves today.

'To become a better me.' -Audrey Hayes (Jellyfish, 4 years)
'I want to challenge myself' -Kim Hyunwoo (YGKPLUS, 3 years)
'Show the world that nothing is impossible.' -Yamamoto Ayaka (Big Hit, 4 years 5 months)

These 100 trainees, every single one of them are fighting for their dreams, resillient and determined to grow and develop themselves to become the joy and sunshines of national producers. Let us take a step into the future. Let's begin, Produce 100"

The screen glitches and zooms out to show a stage. Emcees Lee Seung Gi and BoA walk into frame.
"Greetings, national producers, we are your new representatives,"
"Lee Seung Gi,"
"and BoA"

The pair introduce themselves as they walk towards the camera. As they walk, amongst them are the 100 trainees getting ready in their positions.

"These are 100 trainees, no matter where they come from, whichever gender they are, are here with same identities as trainees and equal chances of debuting. Only the final top 10 trainees chosen by national producers will be able to make it into the debut team."

"This season's keyword is 'Co-Ed'. The debut team shall promote as a mixed gender group, targeting fans from all genders, age groups and regions. The destiny of this group is in your hands. Now it's time for the boys and girls to get to work. If you're ready, take a deep breath with me and join us on this adventure."

"It's showtime! Introduction to all national producers."

"Please take care of us, national producers!" All 100 trainees bow in sync.

"National producers, go forth and pick your boys and girls."

VOTING BEGINS!


🔇
 


A company logo was being flashed on the screens.
 
FNC
A group of 8 trainees made up of 4 males and 4 females walked into the empty big hall filled with chairs.
"Yo what the..." Daewook scanned the hall, looking shocked.
"This place is huuuuuge!" Bomi exclaimed in excitement as she looks to her fellow elder trainees.
"Dude imagine if we took the top seats!" Jonghan nudged Donghoon playfully.
"Then we'll be kicked down by other cooler trainee... NOPE!" Donghoon bursted his bubble.

The 8 trainees were then seen sitting respectively on the seats 40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47.

Maroo
5 guys walked into the hall, with a girl following at the end of the line.
"Hello!" The group greeted in sync.
Jinhwa scratches her head as she glances around the hall and then back to the 5 male trainees, "Let's sit high!"
"I agree with noona! Let's take 1 to 5!" Riku beamed from ear to ear with a convincing expression.

The Maroo trainees are seen to be sitting on seats 2,3,4,5,6. 
"Jinhwa are you scared?" Soohyuk asked as he saw the height that he was sitting at.
"Eh? Of what? If someone wants it I'll probably just give it up...Uhh are you trembling?"

Trainees from MMO,  HF Music, RBW and Banana Culture took their seats.

Cre.ker
There was a commotion going on backstage, and as the noise got louder, 12 trainees were seen walking into the hall.
"I thought we were many... This is actually more than many." with her jaw dropped, Alice (FNC) said to Daewook (FNC) sitting beside her.
"Look closer, it's not just many! It's many babies." Daewook replied.

"Hello" "Hello" "Hello" An incoherent greeting of 12 young trainees sounded.
They all looked at each other and broke out into a laughter as the rest of the trainees laughed as well.

Trainees from Fantagio, Yuehua, Jellyfish, Amuse Korea and The Vibe Label took their seats.

The screen flahes a new company logo.

Source Music
"Oneul buteo urineun~(from today onwards we)" Geonhyuk(RBW) sang lovingly as he looked to his fellow trainees Kaize(RBW) and Minsung(RBW). Minsung cringed and Kaize sighed deeply. 

Chilhyun (Yuehua) saw the logo and instantly broke into a song. "TANG TANG TAng fingdfhj" before he could finish a single line, Songyi(Yuehua) had covered his mouth. "Ahn Chilhyun what happened to no fanboying?" Songyi glared at Chilhyun.
"I couldn't help it..." Chilhyun smiled sheepishly and made a face behind Songyi when she turned to look at the other 2 girls in Yuehua.
Dora(Yuehua) shooked her head in disappointment, "Songyi unnie, just tape up his mouth."

The 2 Source Music girls entered the hall.
"Aww..."
"They're so cute!"
"GFriend vibes."

Starship
A good-looking pair of trainees walk into the hall wearing matching clothings.
"Hello!" They greeted the trainees and then went on to discuss on where to sit.

Jinbeom(The Vibe Label) exchanged eye contact Minjun(The Vibe Label). After a second they smirked to each other and started cheering softly. "Date! Date! Date!" towards the Starship trainees. Kyubin(The Vibe Label) chuckled then ignored the two younger trainees.

2 trainees seated near the boys from The Vibe Label overheard their little teasing and started discussing in Mandarin. "What do you think 'dayte' means?" Sushan(Banana Culture) looked at Xueting(Banana Culture) blankly. "I think their asking the trainees to date in Korean." Xueting replied. "Ohh~ Yeah they look cute together."

Saedi pointed at the empty seats on 8 and 9 and Seungjae nodded while smilng widely. The two were like in their own world as the rest of the trainees watch in envy.

Cube
Minhee ran into the hall and greeted loudly, half yelling.
Minseok was then seen strolling into the set. They then greeted again as a pair.

At this point, the no. 1 seat is still empty. Completely ignoring Minseok, Minhee nearly flew up the flight of stairs to sit on the number 1 spot. She beamed cutely at the other trainees as the older trainees tried to smile back at her.

Pledis, YGKPLUS, WM and some individual trainees took their seats.

Individual trainees
Hyunbin walked into the set and trainees started to chatter.
"Hello I am Lee Hyunbin." He bowed.
"Wow he's more handsome in real life?!" Juri(MMO) whispered to Bitna(MMO).
"wOWww hE'S mOre hAnDSomE in rEal liFE" Minho(MMO) repeated Juri's words in an annoying manner. Miku(MMO) giggled as Juri went on to slap Minho on the back.

The screen flashes a new company logo.

Big Hit
"OMG BTS!" Liang Xuan (Fantagio) yelled.
"Where?!" Yebin(Fantagio), dozing off from all the waiting suddenly woke up.
Yoochan(Fantagio) facepalmed and then went on to shush the girls. "It's just Big Hit trainees. BTS ain't coming... At least I don't think they will be."
The room was full of anticipation. All the girls were just staring hard at the entrance.
Ayaka walked into the hall and most of the girls got disappointed but some were curious about her skills.

Woollim
Baram walked up to the no.1 seat and smiled at sheepishly at Minhee(Cube) for a few seconds. She then went on to number 2, with Jinhwa(Maroo) sitting on it. "Hi... can we like share the seat?" Baram flashed her convincing innocent child smile at Jinhwa. Jinhwa immediately stood up and patted Baram on her head, "you can have it! But you have to do well!" 
The other trainees cheered as Jinhwa made her way down to find other seats.

CNC
6 girls entered the set looking all confident and ready to win.
"Lex-O Noona. Is that...Is that real?" Chilhyun(Yuehua) asked while shaking Songyi's(Yuehua) arm.
The 3 Yuehua girls just stared at him judgingly as he went on rambling about the Feista member.

"Wow...I can't believe they're here. Their aura is crazy." Yuri(YGKPLUS) said to Jumi(YGKPLUS) sounding a little intimidated.

SM
The final company logo flashes and the entire hall breaks into a giant commotion.
"OMG"
"This is what we've all been waiting for."
"I'm excited!!!"
"I'm so curious!"

To the trainees' greatest surprise, in a straight row, these people walked in.
BoA, Taeyeon, Chen, Taemin, Hyoyeon, Cheetah, Loco, Lee Seunggi.

The trainees cheered and shouted in excitement to see some of their idols up close and many trainees just had their jaws hung wide open.

BoA first picked up her mic, "Hello trainees! This season of Produce will be a collaboration between MNET and SM Entertainment. The final debut group will be promoting under SM entertainment, which is why we have some of SM's artists here to mentor all of you!" 

"So where are the SM trainees?" Lee Seunggi questioned.

"They are up first for evaluations." BoA smiled as the air in the room changed. All the trainees we're filled with anticipation.
 



Evaluations

Back stage, 4 attractive looking trainees are getting ready for their evaluations. Beside weren2 boys from HF Music were warming up their vocals.
"Ah~AHH- ack" Hyungjun(HF Music)'s voice crack echoed throughout the small space backstage.
Heeyeon(SM) and Jeongyeon(SM) gave a awkward look at the HF boys.

All interviews will be in this format
Hyungjun (HF Music) - "Ahh they were so intimidating. Especially the girls..."
Heeyeon(SM) - "Intimidating? I get that alot. HAHAHAHA." She then went on to glare at into the camera.


Backstage, Hyungjun was seen pacing around while looking slightly afraid. The SM trainees finally went out for their evaluations and Hyungjun clung onto Mingyeol(HF Music). "Hyung... that was the scariest 15 minutes of my life."


HF Music




(Until 00:53)
(Red plaid - Park Hyungjun, White plaid - Cha Mingyeol)

"Those are A's right there." Soobin(Pledis) said to herself.
"Wow,  very lively." BoA smiled gently. "A, no one. B, Park Hyungjun. C, Cha Mingyeol."
The boys thanked the judges and then exchanged a disappointed eye-contact.
"I can't believe this... B and C?" Soobin slapped Anna(Pledis)'s thigh, exclaiming.
"Ahh! Soup, please chill, we got this!" Anna gently patted Soobin's head.

 

YGKPLUS

"YGKPLUS? Wow so many of you!" Taemin took a good look at each of the trainees.
"Who's the youngest here?" asked Taeyeon.
"Doyongie! He's 15 this year."Jingyu(YGKPLUS) pointed to the smiley boy beside him.
"What do you do in this group, Doyong-goon?" Taemin made sure to smile at Doyong as he asked.
"I'm a dancer." Doyong replied shyly and an eye smile follows.
"Ahh Taemin-sshi debuted at 14 right?" BoA recalled.
"Yes! You guys are young but I'm excited to see what you guys can do!" Taemin encouraged the trainees.



(Red Hair - Yang Jumi, T-shirt - Pyo Yuri, Skirt - Kim Hanna)



(White sweater - Park Dongmin, Overalls - Kim Jiwoon, Black plaid inner shirt - Kim Hyunwoo, Denim Jacket - So Jingyu, Blue sweater - Gu Seungbin, Black jacket - Kim Sanghyuk, Orange sweater - Lee Doyong, Green jacket - Seo Taewoo  )

After the boys completed their performance, the hall was silent. With a straight face, Cheetah called out, "Kim Hyunwoo?". 
"Ah yes!" Hyunwoo reponded, with a straight face as well.
"Smile, Hyunwoo." Cheetah then said, smiling.
Hyunwoo gave an awkward grin as he checks Cheetah's reaction.
"Aww... Hyunwoo, I'm impressed but you're smile makes you even more impressive so remember to smile." She praised Hyunwoo and the YGKPLUS boys are seen smiling mischievously at Hyunwoo.

Taewoo (YGKPLUS) - "Hyunwoo's shy."
Jingyu (YGKPLUS) - "A closet Cheetah fanboy...'remember to smile~'"

"Wah, I'm jelly. But she's not Lex-O noona so I'm good." Chilhyun(Yuehua) continues to bother his fellow trainees with his spurts of fanboy moments.
"Notice me Alexis.
Imagine if I debut with noona?
Dora! She's like 3 rows away can you believe this?
Lex-O noona~
Songyi is jealous. I'm sorry but Alexis noona has my heart."
"Wow I swear to God-" the scene switches just before Songyi(Yuehua) is seen nearly whacking Chilhyun on his head.
 

"YGKPLUS, A, Yang Jumi, Kim Hyunwoo. B, Pyo Yuri, Seo Taewoo. C, Kim Sanghyuk. D, So Jingyu, Kim Hanna. F, Kim Jiwoon, Lee Doyong, Gu Seungbin." BoA announced.


Banana Culture


(Black skirt - Wang Xueting, Red dress - Sushan)

"Both have great visuals." Taeyeon said, stating the obvious. 
"Ah... But you guys look stiff." Taemin sighed. "Wait... Wang Xueting released a single in 2015?"
"Hmm I expected a little more from someone with such an experience." Chen spoke in all honesty.

Xueting (Banana Culture) - "Oh, I didn't quite catch what they said! I think it's bad. I was very nervous and I think I did not perform up to my usual standards." She spoke in chinese and then smiled sadly as the screen zooms out to show a big F on her name tag. "I will make sure I do well the next time." she said, sounding determined, and in slightly inaccurate Korean.

"The judges are so strict I wonder if anyone can actually surprise them." Erika(Source Music) sighed as she rested her head on fellow trainee Olivia(Source Music).

 

Jellyfish

"Wow looking badass." Loco chuckled, "You guys seem to be ready for Show Me The Money."
"Drop the beat!" Jihyuk exclaimed.
"Ooh...did he really... that's kinda awkward." Jinseok(Indiv.) shook his head as he looked to his new made friend Kevin(Indiv.), agreeing with him.
"Love that confidence! Show us what y'all got." Hyoyeon grinned politely.


(Male Rapper - Jung Jihyuk, Male Vocalist - Park Hojun)

"Wow did you even hear that? I can never." Minji(RBW) said in a disappointed tone.
"Come one have a little faith! We're gonna be the next generation Mamamoo." Seol(RBW) replied, giving Minji encouraging pats on her back and then does the same to Dani(RBW).

The SM trainees, sat in a row, are hilariously seen with the same, shocked facial expression. 
caption: Wow! Even their facial expressions are in sync.
"Daaaaamn." Sungjin(SM) blurted sub-consciously.

"Impressive." Taeyeon's one-word comment brought smiles to all the Jelllyfish trainees.
"However," a suspense is felt in the atmosphere and everyone was anticipating Taeyeon's next line. "it felt alot like Audrey and the background music."
"The two boys are a little hidden behind Audrey's strong stage presence." Hyoyeon added. 

"A, Audrey Hayes. B, no one. C, Park Hojun. D, Jung Jihyuk." 

 

Pledis

Backstage, the Pledis trainees are stretching
"Soup I'm scared." Anna tugs at Soobin's sleeves and trembles.
"I can tell. You're freaking trembling! Come one, deep breaths! Breath in, breath out." Soobin attempts to calm Anna down for a while before noticing from the corner of her eye, somebody else trembling as well. "Youngjae! You too?"
Yongjie squats at a corner while trying to slow down his heart rate. "No worries Soup, I'm okay." He knew well enough that he wasn't but being the independent guy, he thought he was able to help himself.


(Blue shirt - Han Soobin, Colourful striped shirt - Park Anna)

"Liang Yongjie." Hyoyeon called out sternly.
"Yes!"
"You trained for 3 years but you look like a mess." Hyoyeon commented. "I hope to see something that looks like 3 years of training the next time. On the other hand, the girls really redeemed Pledis and Seventeen."
"I'm sorry." Yongjie apologised, knowing that he did his worst.
Yongjie (Pledis) - "Ahh, I don't blame Hyoyeon sunbaenim. It's true that I didn't perform well. I feel like I ruined Seventeen sunbaenim's song. I sorry and I promise I won't disappoint everyone the next time." Yongjie smiled apologetically.
A preview of Yongjie being the center is shown for a few seconds.

"Han Soobin, great energy." Taemin smiled at the cheerful girl.
"A, no one. B, Han Soobin. C, no one. D, Park Anna. F, Liang Yongjie."


Preview of Episode 2:
"Wah... SM"
"They look like models."
"Where do they find all these visuals?"

"ALEXIS. I'm dying."
"Ooh aren't they too y to be in this competition?"
"Feista? Oh I've actually never heard of them."


 

Episode 1 Rankings
(VOTES ARE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT TO CURRENT ACTUAL VOTE TO KEEP RELEVANT TO THE FIC. IT WILL STEER NEARER TO ACTUAL VOTES AS THE SHOW GOES ON.)
 

  Male Trainees Ranking  
1 Ahn Chilhyun Yuehua
2 Moon Jaehoon SM
3 Kwon Seungjae Starship
4 Kim Hyunwoo YGKPLUS
5 Yoshida Riku Maroo
6 Lee Doyong YGKPLUS
7 Lee Sungjin SM
8 Liang Yongjie Pledis
9 Lin Kaize RBW
10 Lee Hyunbin Individual Trainee
11 Kim Hyuksoo Individual Trainee
12 Park Dongmin YGKPLUS
13 Jung Geonhyuk RBW
14 Yoon Minho MMO
15 Seo Taewoo YGKPLUS
16 Lee Yoochan Fantagio
17 Hong Minseok Cube
18 Kim Kiseob Cre.ker
19 Choi Jonghan FNC
20 Jung Jihyuk Jellyfish
21 Park Hyungjun HF Music
22 So Jingyu YGKPLUS
23 Park Hojun Jellyfish
24 Min Taeyul MMO
25 Park Jinseok Individual Trainee
26 Gu Seungbin YGKPLUS
27 Kim Sanghyuk YGKPLUS
28 Lee Baekhyun Amuse Korea
29 Cha Mingyeol HF Music
30 Ji Sangwoo Cre.ker
31 Go Donghoon FNC
32 Kim Jiwoon YGKPLUS
33 Jo Hwiseok WM
34 Seo Younghyun MMO
35 Kim Daewook FNC
36 Kim Jinhyung Cre.ker
37 Choi Jinbeom The Vibe Label
38 Kim Seungyeol WM
39 Park Donghwan FNC
40 Bang Jinhyung WM
41 Woo Suhyuk Maroo
42 Kim Minsung RBW
43 Hong Kyubin The Vibe Label
44 Shin Minjun The Vibe Label
45 Kim Woohyuk Maroo
46 Ha Yongjun Maroo
47 Kim Junhyun Maroo
48 Lee Jinwoo The Vibe Label
49 Jun Myunghun Cre.ker
50 Park Mincheol Cre.ker

 

  Female Trainees Ranking  
1 Han Soobin Pledis
2 Audrey Hayes Jellyfish
3 Alexis Oh CNC
4 Zhuang Tongtong Yuehua
5 Wang Xueting Banana Culture
6 Yamamoto Ayaka Big Hit
7 Kang Dora Yuehua
8 Choi Saedi Starship
9 Kim Heeyeon SM
10 Nam Hyori CNC
11 Moon Jeongyeon SM
12 Moon Jinhwa Maroo
13 Ju Eunsoo Individual trainee
14 Baek Songyi Yuehua
15 Park Chaeri FNC
16 Ryu Dajung Individual trainee
17 Sushan Banana Culture
18 Song Youmi Individual trainee
19 Lee Jinhee CNC
20 Kim Seol RBW
21 Oh Sena CNC
22 Pyo Yuri YGKPLUS
23 Park Anna Pledis
24 Olivia Neo Source Music
25 Kim Bitna MMO
26 Alice Fong Yinting FNC
27 Bae Miso CNC
28 Yang Aeri CNC
29 Liang Xuan Fantagio
30 Jang Hyena Fantagio
31 Lee Jeongah FNC
32 Kim Minhee Cube
33 Yoo Baram Woollim
34 Kim Hanna YGKPLUS
35 Kwon Jaelin Individual trainee
36 Sato Erika Source Music
37 Kim Yebin Fantagio
38 Yang Jumi YGKPLUS
39 Choi Yeoreum Cre.ker
40 Gong Gyoeun Cre.ker
41 Kim Solhee Cre.ker
42 Ji Dani RBW
43 Kwak Minji RBW
44 Kim Eunsook Cre.ker
45 Lee Yunbi Cre.ker
46 Nakamoto Miku MMO
47 Im Bomi FNC
48 Sun Juri MMO
49 Park Euna Cre.ker
50 Park Miyeon Cre.ker

 

 

author's note.  Sorry for the long wait! Episode 1 is finally out! I was having a really busy month and finals are coming up! Hope you guys like it and tell me about how you feel! Don't forget to vote for your favs. :)