A little hope

Dead Secrets

1

A little hope

 

He walked around the forest, slowly wearing out his shoes as he did. Many days and nights had passed since it had started, and not a living soul had come into contact with him. As he made his way to an awaiting bush, a too familiar sound rung through his ears.

 

Turning on his heels, Namjoon aimed his gun right at the walkers head. Although, it hadn’t noticed him yet, taking the risk of turning his back was a bad idea. Namjoon lowered the gun and let it stager past him, watching the dead made him feel a little alive himself.

 

He sat on the ground and placed the gun next to him. As he hugged his knees, he continued to watch as the dead swayed side to side, passing him in the process. Being completely dead must be fun, no worries about losing people you love, no having to find food, no deer .

 

Yeah, Namjoon was drenched in deer , which at least meant animals were still alive but, not many of them. Olympic athletes probably got them before he did which was quite depressing, but what was even more depressing was there was no one to talk to, no one at all.

 

What you could say was approximately three weeks ago, an unknown virus spread throughout Korea. It started with a simple fever, common cold, a small sickness that grew, turning into a large rash across the chest, and then a vicious outbreak.

 

Humans were become monsters by the second, eating each other alive as screams and cries filled the air. Namjoon’s first experience was his younger sister, Kim Kyungmin. She soon spread it onto his parents, leaving him to fend for himself. 

 

Being alone in the so far dead world, Namjoon decided to use his imagination and name the monsters. Some by speed, others by looks, he kept it all in a random notebook that he found lying around, along with a couple pens.

 

     Walkers - slow, skinny, and usually smart monsters.

 

     Olympic athletes - fast, extremely built, and usually dumb monsters. 

 

     Whoopee cushions - fat, slobs, and stink a lot, kinda like a freshly gutted cow or something.

 

     Bookworms - quiet, really smart, and like to hide in the tiniest places ever, like small corners.

 

     Teddy bears - the worst, why? Because they are kids!!! KIDS! And it’s hard to kill kids, even dead ones!

 

     Randoms - are the most unpredictable, and you never know what to expect, if they are    walkers, in a random form, or some crazy alien thing?

 

Namjoon stood up and continued walking, from what it seemed the walker wasn’t going to come after him, and plus there were only few hours of daylight left, so he needed to get food right away. Of course that wasn’t going to be easy, but you can’t really give up, unless you want to die?

 

Over the past years, his dad had taught him a couple surviving techniques that have now come in handy. His dad showed him how to shoot a gun, especially on a moving target, which was great help. Along with the types of berries to eat and when to eat them, plus many other things.

 

Thinking about his family only made him fall into a pool of sadness all over again. So Namjoon kept on track and stayed focused, not only did he want to find food, but a distraction like that could get him killed.

 

As Namjoon continued to walk through the forest, he came in counter with three Olympic athletes. If one wasn’t enough it had to be three, and they had to be right in his way, going off his already drawn out track would get him into more danger than he was in right now.

 

He slowly approached them like a stalking lion, as he did he slowly reached for his knife. Quietly moving forward he strategically made a move taking out the first one, whom was the closest to his starting point. 

 

Next, stabbing a knife into the left ones brain whilst pushing away the one on the right. After killing the second one Namjoon slowly got up to find the third one, when suddenly a scream filled the air followed by the growl of the third one on the right.

 

Namjoon followed the trail of the scream, if he got to the surviving fast enough maybe he could just score him self a friend, a sidekick, a living person. Being alone in this now dead world was just the thing to drive a nearly normal person, wild.

 

Once he had made his way to the scene, Namjoon found the third Olympic athlete laying, lifeless, well deadless? on the ground. Soon he was approached by two guys, one that looked like a little kid covered in blood, and the other looked like he had just brought three mansions.

 

Namjoon kept his knife up, if either of them were infected they would be on the ground in an instant. The one that looked like an untouched rich, enveloped Namjoon in his arms, whilst the other held two knives aimed right at Namjoon, ready for anything.

 

“HELLO! MY NAME IS JUNG HOSEOK, WHATS YOUR NAME? CAN WE BE FRIENDS? WHATS HAPPENED TO THE WORLD? YOU STINK LIKE BUT WHO CARES!”

 

“Uh, do you mind keeping your voice dow— GET DOWN!”

 

Both men flew to the ground as Namjoon threw the knife above them both, hitting a teddy bear in the head. It feel to the ground face first piercing the knife straight through its head, making the knife come out the other side.

 

Namjoon walked over to the teddy bear and retrieved his knife, although it was a kid it was still a killer, a deadly disease. Namjoon wiped the blood that covered his knife across his pant leg, and went back to the two that had finally stood up.

 

“Uh, thanks, must be hard to kill kids all the time? Anyway, my name is Kim Taehyung and of course you already know that’s Jung Hoseok.”

 

“Yeah, it’s hard but you can’t see them as kids, more like a small virus that will grow much more deadly if you don’t clear them out now. And my name is Kim Namjoon, it’s nice to meet you both, and even nicer to have real people around here, for once.”

 

“Can Tae and I stay with you? Please??? We have no food, no water and no shelter, please help us?”

 

“Uh, I have never really had company since this all started, and maybe we can help each other out? So, I guess you both can.”

 

“AHHHH, THANK YOU NAMJOON!! YOU SO AMAZING, OF COURSE W—“

 

Taehyung placed his hand over Hoseoks mouth and let silence fall around the three of them. Not long though that common silence was broken, by walkers! But not only one to two of them, a whole pack of them.

 

Although they are slow, they are probably the worst pack to be caught up in, and to make everything better there were at least 20 bookworms spread throughout the walkers. Namjoon skimmed over them to find a weak spot, but nothing came to mind.

 

“Can you climb trees?”

 

Taehyung had moved himself and Hosoek to the base of a large oak tree. In the process of speaking to Namjoon, Taehyung had boosted Hoseok into the tree and was already two tree branches up off the ground.

 

“Yeah, but I haven’t in a while.”

 

“Well, don’t stand there telling me your whole life story and get up here!”

 

Namjoon made his way up the tree quickly and followed Taehyung’s lead, soon they were right above the huge pack of walkers and bookworms. Whilst walking along the tree branches Namjoon made a mental note to write down about being able to go right over huge packs.

 

“Namjoon heads up!”

 

Hoseok yelled, but it wasn’t to loud so the walkers couldn’t hear them. Namjoon looked up and met face to face with another monster. He aimed his knife and stabbed it in the head but, it didn’t do anything well, accept try to eat him again.

 

After a little fighting the new monster it suddenly died, to his surprise Namjoon found that Hoseok had taken his knife and stabbed it in the right kidney. The monster rolled out of the tree and into the huge pack of walkers and bookworms, which wasn’t to good.

 

All three of them picked up their paces, and got passed the herd but now they were at least 20 minutes over time leading them to have to walk through the night later. They all ran off and made their way to a berry bush that Namjoon had fenced up before.

 

Once they arrived at the bush, they all started picking berries. By now it was only a mater of minutes until the sun went down, but the delay was good because no one got killed. The silence began to ring through all their ears again so Namjoon decided to start up a conversation.

 

“So, what did you guys do before this all started?”

 

“I was a dancer, one of the best in school, I constantly practiced and was always asked to do performances, solo and/or team! It was so much fun, I even had my own dance studio and was praised by many!!”

 

“Sounds great Hoseok, how about you Taehyung?”

 

“I, I majored in medicine, and martial arts which wasn’t very interesting as it was what my parents wanted, so I secretly studied music in vocal terms, although I’m not that good I enjoyed it a lot! What about you?”

 

“Well, I studied English at a very high standard, and also studied in the rap industry!”

 

“WOAHHHHH! CAN YOU RAP IN ENGLISH!!!!”

 

“Uh, maybe later we should get going, before it gets too dark?”

 

“Ok, come on TAEEE!!!”

 

“I’m coming, geez!”

 

The three headed back the way they came and then Namjoon leaded them back to his cabin. Since all this started and he lost his family all Namjoon wanted was to have a little hope that maybe someone was still out there, and now they were right next to him.