To the best girl

Shy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thank you all for the reviews last chapter, I am glad that this is a fic that’s still enjoyed, so thank you so much. I think this will hopefully be a decent chapter, too. Enjoy! 


 




 

Because today was a day where Seungwan was feeling especially well, as she had her energy to go outside. Seulgi suggested that she could spend the full day with herself and Sooyoung, to which the beta readily agreed. Seulgi knows how much Seungwan wants to be able to go outside, and that’s why anytime her sister is feeling better she always suggests it.

 

“It’ll be a lot of fun, Soo has a fun day planned out. Once I told her you were feeling better she said she’d make sure you’d have a fun day today.”

 

“I’m sure it’ll be a lot of fun. Sooyoung has a good sense of creativity.”

 

“Well, that’s one way to put it.” The alpha laughs. “She said not to worry about anything, we’re just going to meet her. But it’s kind of chilly out there so…”

 

“I’ll bring my sweater, don’t worry.” Seungwan nods. “You know, it’s been more than a month since your date with Joohyun, and you still haven’t told me much that happened.”
 

Seulgi had been very vague in her answers, basically telling Seungwan that she had a good time, but wouldn’t go any further than that, which only made her sister that the more curious, and of course Seulgi still wouldn’t say.

 

“Oh, alright, you’ve got me, Wan. I should tell you now that Hyun and I are getting married and already planning a house full of pups, so get ready auntie.”

 

“WHAT!”

 

Seulgi laughs out loud at the terrified and wide-eyed expression on the beta’s face. Seungwan only relaxes when she realizes that Seulgi was kidding.

 

“I think you’d make some pretty pups together, hopefully all with Joohyun’s face.”
 

“Hey!” Seulgi lightly taps her in the arm. “This is a good looking face too, you know.” She gestures dramatically to her face which makes the two of them laugh at their combined silliness. “Okay, enough haha moments for the time being, let’s get ready to go and meet Soo. She’ll probably be freaking out if we don’t show up on time.”

 

That would normally be true, but Sooyoung had something else on her mind, as she couldn’t believe that today of all days, on this glorious Saturday afternoon. Kim Yerim was in her house, sitting at her table, eating her food, well no, not her food since it was her mom that made it. But still, Yerim was right here in front of her face, what luck.

 

“I’m only here because my mom had to talk to your mom, you know.” Yerim tells her with a semi-serious expression. “This cake is really good though.” The omega takes another bite out of the strawberry cake.

 

“You can have anything you want.” Sooyoung sighs dreamily. “I still can’t believe you're here with me!”

 

“Yeah, me either.”

 

“You know, we still haven’t gone out on that date you promised me.”

 

Before Yerim can say anything, the two girls notice their mom’s again. Only this time Jinri is carrying overnight luggage with her.

 

“What’s up, mom? Going out?”

 

“Yes, Taeyeon asked me to join her on a business trip. It’ll be a few days, so I’m assuming I can trust you to stay alone.”

 

“What, of course, you can.”

 

“Uh-huh.”


“Yerim, why don’t you stay here and keep Sooyoung company.” Taeyeon suggests to her daughter, who nearly spits out the cake she was eating. She turns to her mother with wide eyes.

 

“What, I can stay home just fine by myself.”

 

“It’ll be great!” Sooyoung, naturally doesn’t help. “We can have sleepovers, paint each other’s nails, burn cookies.”

 

“Honey, you make bake cookies, right?” Jinri asks worriedly at her daughter who shrugs.

 

“I know what I said.”

 

“Mom,” Yerim speaks. “I don’t even have anything to sleep in, so clearly I can’t…”

 

“Don’t worry, it’s all under control.” Taeyeon gestures to the fact she has Yerim’s bag and everything, meaning this was all a set up. Yerim is staring at her with wide open with no words.

 

“Have fun, you two! Think of it as a bonding moment.”

 

“What….” Is the only thing Yerim can say as she sees both her mom and Sooyoung’s mom leave them just sitting there in that kitchen, what the hell just happened. Sooyoung on the other hand is ecstatic.

 

“Yes, we’ll have at least three days together, how great! Oh, but I did say I had a full day planned with Seul and her sister. Would you like to join us, it’ll be fun?”

 

“There’s another one!” 

 

“Yes, adopted but still, she’s a sweet person. It’ll be fun, promise.”

 

Yerim thinks it over. She still really hasn’t processed the fact that she is supposedly staying with Sooyoung, or the fact that an entire bag has been packed for her, and then there’s talk about spending the day with Sooyoung, Seulgi, and this sister too.

 

“Okay, but I’m inviting Joohyun. I will not be left with no back up with the three of you.”

 

“Sure, invite your maid of honor.”

 

“Okay, hey, wait!” Yerim catches what Sooyoung just said, but the alpha is already off and laughing out loud.

 

“My maid of honor, no one said anything about us getting married!” Yerim huffs in annoyance and proceeds to call Joohyun to ask if she was free at all, because there was just no way in hell she would be stuck with Sooyoung, Seulgi, and a sister too, who may be just about anyone for all the omega knows. Meanwhile, Sooyoung texted Seulgi to let her know there would be a slight change of plans, but either way it would be a great day.

 

“Soo’s invited her wife.” Seulgi says with air quotes around the word wife. “But, Hyun might be there too, so are you up for it?”

 

“Yeah,” Seungwan nods. “It’ll be nice to meet this girl that Sooyoung is so crazy about, and you know I already like Joohyun, she’s a great girl. I hope you know that too, sis.”
 

“I know how great she is.”

 

Seulgi thinks about how effortless it really is to spend time with the omega. Sometimes, Seulgi finds she makes excuses to see Joohyun while working just as much as Joohyun makes those same excuses to see her. Whether it’s for taking walks around the property, or Joohyun offering to help her study, there is always an easy reason to find time to spend with her outside of campus. The idea at first was for just herself, Seungwan, and Sooyoung, but with the possibility of Joohyun coming too, it makes her feel excited. They meet Sooyoung at the address she texted them with, and it turned out to be a bowling alley, but it was clear that the other alpha had the entire place rented out for them. Seungwan sees a blonde haired girl sitting at one of the tables in the food court area of the bowling alley, clearly it’s not Joohyun, so Seungwan assumes it’s the girl Sooyoung likes.

 

“Hey, you made it!” Sooyoung eagerly comes over to hug both Seulgi and Seungwan. “You look great, Wan. I’m glad you’re feeling okay to be out, I thought we’d have a bit of fun so bowling to start, is that okay?”

 

“Sounds fun, Sooyoung, thank you.” Seungwan offers a warm smile. “Is your friend not going to say hi?”

 

“My friend...oh you mean my wife, Yerimie!” She shouts to the blonde omega who nearly drops her phone. “Get over here and meet Seulgi’s sister, be polite.”

 

“I can hear you, stop screaming.” The shorter girl takes a deep breath and walks over to the three of them. Joohyun said she’d be here soon as she could, there was a family event that she couldn’t leave just yet, and Yerim was hoping like hell her best friend would be here as soon as possible. 

 

“Hi, I’m Yerim it’s nice to meet you….”

 

“Seungwan.” She smiles kindly. “It’s nice to finally meet the girl Sooyoung loves.”
 

“Uh….”

 

“Yes, that’s right, this one here is mine.” Sooyoung agrees and wraps her arm around the shorter girl, who doesn’t pull away. Seulgi is surprised by this development, maybe Yerim is really giving her a chance after all.  “We could wait for Joohyun if you want, Yerimie? Did she say how long she’d be?”

 

“She didn’t, all she said was she’d try to get here soon. Let’s wait for her, it’ll give me to check this one’s sister out.”

 

“I have a name you know.” Seulgi reminds her, to which Yerim doesn't even bother to respond to. Luckily, Seulgi takes no offense to that at all. Still, everyone sits down to talk before Joohyun arrives. Sooyoung mentions to everyone that they can order whatever they want to eat, again everyone decides to wait for Joohyun, only having water and basic snacks for now. Seungwan uses the time to talk to Yerim, who she finds to be very funny, and interesting, it’s clear right away why Sooyoung likes this girl so much. Yerim finds that Seungwan is very nice, and sweet.

 

“You must be the good sister, not a troublesome one like that one.”

 

Seungwan chuckles. “Yes, you can say that.”

 

“I can hear you both, just saying.”

 

“And I can repeat what I said just for you again, Seulgi.”

 

“Ah, that’s why she’s the best girl.” Sooyoung sighs dreamily and Seulgi shakes her head.

 

“The best girl hasn’t gotten here yet.”

 

Everyone turns to Seulgi with wide eyes and stares. “What, she hasn’t.”

 

“Would you mind repeating that again, only louder?” Yerim asks her.

 

“I said the best girl hasn’t gotten here yet.”

 

“Hi, Joohyun.” It’s Seungwan that says hello first and Seulgi turns around so fast to see how very red faced Joohyun is. Now, when Joohyun walked into the bowling alley, the last thing she expected to hear was Seulgi calling her best girl. She wanted to be able to say anything to the alpha then, but Yerim is grabbing her and telling her they’re about to order food and play some games.

 

“It was Sooyoung’s idea to make a day of it, I think it might be fun, so thanks for coming, Hyun. You two set up the game,” Yerim motions to the alpha’s. “We’ll get the food and drinks, come on Seungwan.”

 

Sooyoung waits until she’s alone with her best friend before laughing. She sits down with Seulgi and not so gently taps her on the back.

 

“You like her, don’t you. I can tell, you must like her.”

 

“Soo, not now.”

 

“Okay, okay, not now. Maybe, you haven’t even admitted it to yourself yet. I mean, you could certainly not do worse, so wife her up!”

 

Joohyun didn’t fare any better not with Yerim and Seungwan both smiling at her knowingly.

 

“Best girl, how’re you feeling?”

 

“Yes, best girl, how are you feeling?”

 

“Come on, now you both are teasing me.”

 

“Well, you’re probably going to be my sister-in-law, so it’s allowed for me to.” Seungwan tells her and that only makes Joohyun’s face get even redder, the poor thing. The teasing did calm down only when the actual bowling began, everyone in their own way wanting to win, but it was also a lot of fun too. Joohyun personally never gets to do things like this, bowl with friends, where she can laugh, talk freely, and of course win. Nothing was better than how Seulgi made sure to hug her first when she beat everyone’s score not only once, but twice.

 

“I was right, you're the best girl.”

 

Sooyoung cleared loudly, as she said she had more planned. Seulgi found herself grateful to the other alpha who was making this day really nice for her sister, whom Seulgi hasn’t seen that happy or carefree in such a long time. Seungwan got along great with both Yerim and Joohyun, as they had easy conversations and plenty of laughing between the three of them. It didn’t matter what else Sooyoung had planned, as long as she could see how happy Seungwan was.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Sooyoung asks as they walk to her next destination. “You’ve got a far away look in your eyes.”

 

“Nothing.” Seulgi promises with a small smile. “Just thank you for making this a great day so far.”

 

“Of course, I’m happy to help. It’s nice seeing everyone getting along so well. I’m glad Wan was feeling good to come out today too. Next activity isn’t too strenuous, something relaxing.”

 

Much to her surprise, Seulgi found out that they were going to do an art class together. Sooyoung hired someone to teach them, and the alpha insisted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter