Wearing masks

Shy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi and thank you everyone who showed interest and commented. I appreciate the reviews and glad all of you are interested in reading this fic. Here’s chapter 2 and please enjoy


 

Park Sooyoung thinks of herself as a good reader of people. The auburn-haired alpha prided herself on being able to observe people and without having to say anything. She can figure them out. Sooyoung can get a glimpse of who they are and what they are about just by talking and body language. Park Sooyoung is also a very good actress, and in turn can spot another actor too. It’s why she knew almost immediately her best friend was worried about something. For as long as Sooyoung has known Seulgi. The dark-haired girl can also act well, and knows when to turn things on as she needs to. Sooyoung can respect this quality in others because at the end of the day. Everyone has masks to wear at some point. Sooyoung knows this very well as she herself wears lots of masks too. However, as the monolid girl’s best friend she will get her to speak.

 

The taller alpha is on her way to meet Seulgi at the main cafeteria on campus when she sees a large group of girls surrounding a particular table. Seulgi is sitting there minding her own business as she normally can be found doing. Sooyoung looks at how her best friend is paying no attention to any of the girls who are trying so desperately to gain her attention. Seulgi doesn’t have to do anything and girls can be seen going crazy over the dark-haired alpha.

 

“Someone forgot to drink their water today.” She thinks at the sheer level of thirst from these girls. Someone should remind them to stay well hydrated in these thirsty times.

 

Sooyoung heads over then. “Okay, best friend coming through. Back away you heathens, I said best friend coming through. Get out of my way.”

 

“Oh, Sooyoung!”

 

“Hi, Sooyoung!”

 

“You’re looking especially gorgeous today, Sooyoung!”

 

Is what a few of the girls say when they take notice of her. All of them with sparkling eyes and bright red faces. Again, this is something not new for Park Sooyoung. She is used to turning heads wherever she goes, and has her own group of thirsty followers.

 

“Hello, ladies.” Sooyoung gives them her award winning smile, and as usual it makes them all swoon for her. When she finally clears a path to Seulgi. The dark-haired girl is really just sitting there drawing, and not paying anything attention.

 

“It’s a shame she doesn’t care more about the actual power she could have over these silly girls.”

 

“Hey, Seul.” Sooyoung speaks and sits down across from her best friend. Seulgi looks up only when all the girls have fled and hears her best friend speak.

 

“Hey, Soo. What’s up?”

 

“Nothing, much. I just chased away some of your fanclub.”

 

The shorter alpha sighs. She has never understood why people act so starstruck by her. Just because she is a member of the school dance team, plays guitar, sings, and draws well. Girls will lose their absolute over her. It’s nice sometimes, but then there are the times it can get to be too much.

 

“Don’t even joke that way.”

 

“Who’s joking?” Sooyoung laughs. “You don’t even have to do anything, and all these girls love you.”

 

“Ah, but you’re confusing me with yourself. Our wonderful actress, Ms. Park Sooyoung.”

 

“Well, what girl doesn’t want me!” Sooyoung proudly points to herself and the two alpha’s share a laugh at their silliness.

 

“Okay, all jokes aside. What’s going on with you?”

 

Seulgi continues smiling and not showing any signs of her actual worry and nerves. The last thing she wants to do is make Sooyoung concerned for her too.

 

“Nothing’s going on. I have a big test in my psych class coming and I haven’t studied much. I have too many extra-curricular activities going on.”

 

The auburn-haired alpha rolls her eyes at the lame and probably untrue excuse. She gives Seulgi points for trying though. Her friend isn’t really that much of a liar, and it’s probably hard to come up with a good one on the spot.

 

“Okay, that was a good attempt. Now tell me what’s really going on?”

 

Seulgi knows that if she told Sooyoung what’s going on her friend would help or, at least do all she can to help. They’ve been best friends for a long time. People have always wondered why someone from a wealthy and known family like Park Sooyoung would ever hang out with Kang Seulgi. The girl who was orphaned young and mostly on her own while in and out of foster homes until she turned 18. Seulgi knows that there has been talk. But she also knows the real Park Sooyoung. She knows how down to earth Sooyoung is outside of the extra persona the alpha has adopted. Seulgi has always been able to see Sooyoung for the genuinely kind and vulnerable person she is, and Sooyoung has always appreciated Seulgi for being real with her, and not befriending her simply because she is rich. The two alpha’s have been able to bond all on their own, all their obvious differences aside. Since they have never made a difference in their actual friendship.

 

“Listen, are you in some trouble?” The taller alpha asks seriously. “You know that I can help you. My mom would also kill me if I didn’t even try to help. She loves you like you were her kid too.”

 

Sooyoung’s mother Jinri was once a famous model and actress who to this day is still popular and well known. Sooyoung has tons of connections based on who her mother is, and sometimes people want to be her friend because of that fact. It’s something Sooyoung truly hates when people attempt to use her for that reason. It’s why she really liked how Seulgi never once tried to use who her mom is against her. Seulgi in turn loves Sooyoung’s mother because she is one of the nicest people ever, and has always treated the monolid girl like family.

 

“Isn’t your mom still upset that you used her name to get into that private party?”

 

Sooyoung shrugs. “That’s not my fault we look alike, and the idiots at the party thought I was her. They should have known better, anyway listen to me. I won’t pressure you too much right now. I just want you to talk to me if you need. I’m not your best friend for no reason.”

 

Seulgi nods. “Thanks, Soo. I appreciate that.”

 

“Sure, now I don’t know about you. But I sure as hell am starving. Let’s get some food already.”

 

“Now you’re talking.” Seulgi agrees and the two make their way to leave campus. Seulgi hopes she’ll have her problems resolved without having to involve anyone. Especially not her best friend. As they’re leaving the campus. Sooyoung notices a particular blonde parking her silver Mercedes-Benz in the lot and getting out of the car. Seulgi watches as the auburn-haired girl’s eyes light up. Sooyoung never looks like that at most girls, not even the ones who are most vocal in their affections for her. Seulgi knows it’s because this particular blonde is different, and especially she’s different for Park Sooyoung.

 

“Ah, excuse me, buddy.” Sooyoung smiles and walks over to Kim Yerim who is currently standing by her car and texting someone.

 

“Hello, beautiful.” The alpha grins and takes a hold of her hand. She leans down some to place a kiss against Yerim’s skin. Seulgi smiles because she knows what’s about to happen.

 

“Will you get the hell away from me, Sooyoung!” Yerim snatches her hand away from the alpha as if being burned. Sooyoung touches her chest then.

 

“Ow, why do you wound me so. I came all this way just to see you personally. I think at the very least you should give me a hug for my efforts.”

 

Seulgi can’t even hold her laughter in anymore. It’s always like this. Kim Yerim will never really give Park Sooyoung the time of day. One would think that would deter the alpha from her attempts. It does no such thing and only makes Sooyoung try more.

 

“Yeah, how about no. Goodbye.” Yerim brushes pass her and heads towards the school. Sooyoung stares after her like a lovesick puppy. Seulgi walks over and pats her shoulder.

 

“It’ll be okay, Soo. Kim Yerim doesn’t want you, but many others do. Remember that when you feel all sad and alone inside.” Seulgi laughs again and the taller alpha punches her lightly in the arm.

 

“Shut up. She totally wants me. She’s just playing hard to get, anyway we were going to get food. Let’s go do that because I have class in an hour.”

 

“Okay, let’s go. I have a class later too.”

 

“Are you going to go to it?”

 

“I am a model student, Soo. Of course I’m going to go to class.”
 

Sooyoung throws her head back and laughs. “Yeah, right model student my . Well, come on then. I need to drown my sorrows in chicken because my love just wounded me.” The taller alpha touches her chest again all dramatically. Seulgi laughs again at the actress but at the same time she knows that Sooyoung actually really does genuinely like Kim Yerim.


 

Bae Joohyun is in the best mood. She’s been in the best mood since the other day because Kang Seulgi looked at her. Her crush not only looked at her, but she also spoke actual words to her too. Joohyun sits by her favorite spot under the tree and feels her face getting all warm when she remembers the other day.

 

(Flashback)

 

Joohyun was making her way from one building to get back to the main building. Around this time she likes to go into the library and study, or read alone if she can. It’s here where someone bumps into her. They were walking in a crowd of others and didn’t notice her as she is small in height. The brunette looks as her stack of books falls out of her hands and hit the ground hard.

 

“Oh, sorry there Princess Bae.” The taller blonde beta who bumped into her snickers and it makes some of the others laugh too. Sometimes people will be mean to her face and she does her best to ignore these random people. She goes to get her books when out of nowhere it seems a tanned hand reaches down to get them for her.

 

“Seulgi…” She feels her heart race some when she sees the alpha. The monolid girl carefully picks up all her books and then stands up. She is looking directly at her and Joohyun thinks her heart will probably explode in her chest soon. How can she function being this close to her long time crush, who smells so good too. It’s a citrusy scent that clings to the alpha and Joohyun hopes she isn’t staring like some mindless fool.

 

“Um, hello?” Seulgi waves a hand over Joohyun’s face and it snaps her out of her thoughts.

 

“Seulgi is looking at me. She’s actually looking at me right now, what d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter